rotwk bfme unit mod dolamroth knight add

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

Hi , im trying to add Knights of Dol Amroth from rotwk to bfme2 but  they are invisible and have no portrait i dont know why. I serched for their textures and skins i foud some but i doesnt work.

I changed their default model from GUDolAmrth_SKN to EURivenLan_SKN and it worked but if i change w3d's file name from the knight with the lancer it still shows the lanceringame.I don't know what to do. Pls help

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

What files did you edit? And if you renamed the actual w3d files, that will not work.

You also need to create an asset.dat when adding art assets.

Ridder Geel

#3 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

Well i copied the object's .ini and added the compiled textures and the w3d files.But i dont know how the asset.dat works i didnt created one can u explain it to me ?

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

Creating an asset.dat

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#5 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

Thx for help but i found another problem the units and their images have no texture but i put them in compiled textures i cant fide them now so could u pls check all the textures that i have to copy including portrait and button image ?

I found : gudolamroth.dds  gudolhorse.dds  gudolamrth_skn.w3d   expansion1icons_010.dds   expansion1icons_019.dds

Now i saw the asset.dat fked all the units textures.

Could someone pls tell me what to do to take the dol amroth knights from rotwk to bfme2 step by step ?

Edited by grunshac, 10 December 2015 - 07:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users