• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

Guys I have some ideas for improving AFG:
•A-10 Thunder Bolt general's power should be replaced with the specter gunship.
•In the other hand A-10 Thunder Bolt should be build able and controllable also available at rank 4 and with a limited number at 2100$ with it's current weapons and health.

#22 B. anthracis

B. anthracis
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

I finished challange mode as nuke,infantry and super weapon Generals but didnt face neither china boss nor usa boss. They ended at 9th challange, did i miss something. Also tunnel power bug on vs. SW general came back in this version and in infantry, artillery training wont promote the artillery troop crawler if its intended kinda obsolete for neutron cannons

Edited by B. anthracis, 19 January 2016 - 06:33 PM.

#23 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:24 AM

I finished challange mode as nuke,infantry and super weapon Generals but didnt face neither china boss nor usa boss. They ended at 9th challange, did i miss something. Also tunnel power bug on vs. SW general came back in this version

China Boss was temporarily removed. USA Boss is not finished. All three bosses will be added when they are completed. Sneak Attack bug was really back. I accidentally removed the code when editing map.ini files. It will be fixed again.  :wink_new:

#24 B. anthracis

B. anthracis
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:48 PM

Tournament mode on challenge might be better balanced but it spoils all the fun for me. Hope you not planning to implement it in 009. And an edited bug on my last post: (infantry General)artillery training wont promote the artillery troop crawler if its intended 1 rank just for neutron cannons kinda obsolete imo.

#25 sudsobin

sudsobin
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

Hi some hamachi room when play contra 009 ?

#26 TheShianing

TheShianing
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

I just want to ask. Whenever I play as the Stealth General in Challenge Mode, with the Air Force General being the first enemy, my game crashes showing "Technical Difficulties". Is that problem just from me or has that been reported before?

​P.S. I am new here and to forums so please forgive me if I posted my problem in the wrong place.

Edited by TheShianing, 12 February 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#27 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:04 PM

I just want to ask. Whenever I play as the Stealth General in Challenge Mode, with the Air Force General being the first enemy, my game crashes showing "Technical Difficulties". Is that problem just from me or has that been reported before?

​P.S. I am new here and to forums so please forgive me if I posted my problem in the wrong place.

It has been reported. It occurs at some occasions, but not always. I advise you to save your game, and if the game crashes, just load the last save and continue from there.

#28 Nikon Rakthanee

Nikon Rakthanee
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS NEW RELEASE!!!!!!!!

I have played every release of contra and have loved each one more and more (didn't really like 008 - went back to 007). But 009 is a fantastic release and is really stable and balanced! It's a mish mash of all the best bits from each release before with new best bits!!

I'd love to know however, would you tell me what i need to do to make the 3 boss generals for each faction skirmish playable? I know this would affect my ability to play online with others but i really want to! I've been trailing through .ini files with a .big editor but have come up with no way yet :p

I know these teams exist because they are in the worldbuilder! :D

Many thanks much love from a contra fan

Nikon

#29 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

I have played every release of contra and have loved each one more and more (didn't really like 008 - went back to 007). But 009 is a fantastic release and is really stable and balanced! It's a mish mash of all the best bits from each release before with new best bits!!

I'd love to know however, would you tell me what i need to do to make the 3 boss generals for each faction skirmish playable? I know this would affect my ability to play online with others but i really want to! I've been trailing through .ini files with a .big editor but have come up with no way yet :p

Nikon

Thanks! We are glad you enjoy it. There is a video on YouTube on how to enable Boss generals in Skirmish (it's not mine):

Edited by predator_bg, 14 February 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#30 Nikon Rakthanee

Nikon Rakthanee
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

Nikon

Thanks! We are glad you enjoy it. There is a video on YouTube on how to enable Boss generals in Skirmish (it's not mine):

Hey thanks for the reply!! :D

Awesome it works!! I edited the playertemplate.ini myself and made the "playable" string "= Yes" but didn't remove the semi-colons, meaning that it couldn't work. :)

Many Thanks Nikon

#31 Rustikus

Rustikus
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:48 AM

Hello Guys! When I played the challenge mode as superweapon i didnt see new infantry general challenge map, is it bug, or i cant play against him as SW general?

#32 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

Hello Guys! When I played the challenge mode as superweapon i didnt see new infantry general challenge map, is it bug, or i cant play against him as SW general?

Different generals play vs. different challengers. It's not a bug.

You face general Fai as Nuke, Tank, Laser, Cyber, Demo and Assault.

#33 Rustikus

Rustikus
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

thanks Predator, also i want to know, why my contra crashes when i selecte air force general in challenge mode

Edited by Rustikus, 19 February 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#34 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

thanks Predator, also i want to know, why my contra crashes when i selecte air force general in challenge mode

If you are talking about the crash that occurs occasionally after some minutes of gameplay against Granger, yes, we know about it, but we can't find the cause.

#35 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

If you are talking about the crash that occurs occasionally after some minutes of gameplay against Granger, yes, we know about it, but we can't find the cause.

Maybe it's a unit that Granger trains? the model must be bugged or something? or a object doesn't spawn correctly? 

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#36 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:00 PM

Maybe it's a unit that Granger trains? the model must be bugged or something? or a object doesn't spawn correctly? 

Nothing suspicious was found so far, but I will experiment more.

#37 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:13 PM

Anyone else getting this error? if you do get this error, how to fix it? 

XXgw6Lv.png

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#38 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:42 PM

Try exiting and running the launcher again.

#39 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

I tried that mate.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#40 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:29 PM

I tried that mate.

The error will come up if any of the files used to launch the mod are still running. Did you have any success launching Contra before? If so, I believe restarting Windows will fix the problem. If this is the first time you try to launch Contra, then I suggest running the launcher with administrator rights.

Edited by predator_bg, 20 February 2016 - 09:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users