• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

cSiH14y.jpg

Seasons Greetings, fellow BFME players!

We are happy to announce our Christmas Special update for BFME1. For the first time in BFME1's history, Middle-earth will be completely covered in white. Our Christmas present to you!

This update is intercompatible, which means that it can be played perfectly against players who are not using this update. It is compatible only with the T3A:Online server. This mini mod does not modify the game balance at all.

After downloading, simply run the installer and start playing.

This update includes:

• Snowy textures for all faction-specific structures and neutral creeps
  • Snowy versions of: Andrast, Carnen, Carrock, Fords of Isen, Anorien, Druadan Forest, Harlond, Wold, Lebennin, Rhun
  • Christmas music instead of many original EA/LotR soundtracks
  • More hidden christmas surprises

-->Download<--

In-game shots:

Spoiler

How to use the T3A:Online server?

We hope to see you online,

The3rdAge & T3A:Online Staff

Special thanks to...

• MattTheLegoman 
  • Rider of Rohan
  • Echo
  • Mathijs
  • ICT
  • Kwen

...for making this happen!

tumblr_mfk6x8EHGZ1r331r3o2_500.gif

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#2 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:08 AM

Lookin' pretty awesome!

Snowy textures for all faction-specific structures and neutral creeps

I think that'd be a cool addition generally, if possible :)

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#3 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

Great idea, and very cute :p

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#4 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:58 AM

Haha, this is really cool! Also very interested how you made Rhun, a snow map. :D

Edited by NewErr, 13 December 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#5 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

Haha, this is really cool! Also very interested how you made Rhun, a snow map. :D

Ikr, it doesn't really make a lot of sense. I just picked a 4vs4 map that I liked, and unfortunately I don't like Old Brown Lands very much. ;)

26285.png

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

Why doesn't it make sense? Rhûn is analogous to the Russian Steppes and further east... pretty sure it snows there. :p

Now, if it were Harad...

#7 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:44 AM

How about a Mordor map? :p

#8 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:52 AM

Udun freezes over. =p

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#9 oihn

oihn
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

Is it possible to have 2x zoom out on the maps? Zoom out tool doesnt work for me :-(

#10 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:31 AM

That's why I didn't like how the 700 zoom was included, it deviates from the standard, making it a hassle to support in each and every update.

Is it bearable to play on what has been the standard zoom for years? That would avoid quite some extra work.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#11 oihn

oihn
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:17 AM

I see your point. Not like i want to "complain" about your great work. I am just used to playing on maximum zoomout since i barely played on the old zoom. If its that much work to impliment it, its fine for me to keep it like it is. Only fixing it for FoI, isnt an option? Anyway thx for the great mod!

#12 umi^t

umi^t
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

That's why I didn't like how the 700 zoom was included, it deviates from the standard, making it a hassle to support in each and every update.

Is it bearable to play on what has been the standard zoom for years? That would avoid quite some extra work.

I guess bearable is the wrong word, because of course it is bearable in terms of being able to just solely play, but will it have a definitive impact on how I play? Yes... 

For me it would be much better if you could figure out a solution- as oihn said only need it for Foi

#13 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

I understand your point of developing a habit, but to be honest I don't think zoom ever affected skill shown in games present or past.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#14 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

Plus it's a slippery slope. Eventually someone's going to release 800 zoom, and then people will love 800 zoom, but not everyone of course, so we'll be asked to do even more versions.

It just really muddles and complicates everything we try to bring to you guys. 450 zoom is certainly playable, so that's what we'll stick to supporting.

• ICT likes this

#15 umi^t

umi^t
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

I understand your point of developing a habit, but to be honest I don't think zoom ever affected skill shown in games present or past.

Have you ever played a real game on x2 zoom? (not once or twice, if that..?)

And not to be rude, but you're wrong. If you just ask several players if they play better on x2 or x1 you can have your answer instead of assuming.

Plus it's a slippery slope. Eventually someone's going to release 800 zoom, and then people will love 800 zoom, but not everyone of course, so we'll be asked to do even more versions.

It just really muddles and complicates everything we try to bring to you guys. 450 zoom is certainly playable, so that's what we'll stick to supporting.

No, I don't think so. I doubt any1 will make 800 zoom, and the difference between 700 and 800 is negligible, as opposed to x1 to x2.

No one said 450 is unplayable, but many players have adopted x2 zoom, and have been playing on it for months.

#16 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

It was an example to illustrate my point, which you've missed: we don't want to cater to 3 different map zoom preferences because it severely complicates installation procedures and increases work load. Besides that, you can bet someone's going to release further zoom at some point. 

Plus there's the argument that a bunch of people having huge zoom when others don't can become sort of a fair play issue.

So we prefer sticking to supporting the solution to the problem widescreen monitors encounter, and that is supporting 450 zoom. 

#17 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:01 PM

it takes 5 minutes to change map zoom manually. I can teach them how to do this if it's not against the rules !!

#18 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:13 PM

Less than 5. Well, for a single map. ;)

I would personally prefer if not everybody understands how to fiddle with this stuff as it opens the game up to a higher fair play risk, but I can't stop you.

#19 umi^t

umi^t
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:17 PM

Less than 5. Well, for a single map. ;)

I would personally prefer if not everybody understands how to fiddle with this stuff as it opens the game up to a higher fair play risk, but I can't stop you.

So it takes less than 5 mins but you guys refuse to do it....

Ok np. Anyway I figured out how to do it myself, so whatever.

#20 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:28 PM

Look, if you think officially providing support for 3 different zoom settings is equivalent to opening up FoI and changing some numbers (and that we're not doing it so we can spite you!), go ahead and think that.

Back on topic, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users