RA2 loading screen acid texture

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TLORgamer2012

TLORgamer2012
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

Hello, I followed these steps as I'm trying to replace the US loading screen (ls800ustates.SHP) by using this same name but I get acid texture. I think that the game isn't grabbing the pal, which I name the same (ls800ustates.PAL).

I placed the pal in expandmd07.mix for it to appear in the SHP Builder > Palette > Custom list (is that the list you refered to "you just put the file in expand to make it appear in the palet list")?

Although when I save with SHP with the right pal and reopen it, I get acid texture again. 

What am I missing here?

Attached Thumbnails

• RA2 YR acid texture loading screen.jpg

#2 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

So you're trying to make SHP builder read a pal file from an expandmd? I don't think such thing is even possible. That's something the Mixer does.

All the palette files that SHP builder has are in the program's Palette folder. If you don't place your palette in one of those folders, it won't be there, and you'll have to load it manually each time.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#3 TLORgamer2012

TLORgamer2012
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

So you're trying to make SHP builder read a pal file from an expandmd? I don't think such thing is even possible. That's something the Mixer does.

All the palette files that SHP builder has are in the program's Palette folder. If you don't place your palette in one of those folders, it won't be there, and you'll have to load it manually each time.

The palette is in the palette folder, I placed it in User and then tried in RA2 but it still opens the SHP in acid texture.

I saved both in expandmd07.mix using the same name (ls800ustates) but it still loads in acid texture in game.

How do I associate the SHP and PAL with the Mixer so it loads properly in game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users