Fog "problem"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:02 AM

We are speaking of maps and of fog. In our patch (2.02) the problem has come out in some map where, dezzoming from EA zoom (300) to 2.02 zoom (480ws / 400), fog has become more intense.

* Nab solution is to disable on your setting Shader -> not fine for a clear game.

* Change all map.ini for each zoom (480 and 400) -> BORING WORK!!! I should have to create for all maps a map.ini with this code

Spoiler

I have some question now:

1. There is a way to change default fog? i mean some map doesn't have map.ini so i think the game has a sort of default fog set. no?

2. The fog start mean height that it start? or is a sort of radius? someone can explain me how it is linked to zoom heigts?

(i wanna have a sort of this explanation: if you have zoom EA to 300 and Fog start 350 it means that fog start at 50 AND SO if you increase zoom of x% you have to increase fog start of y%.)

Thanks in advance for your time.

Edited by Xan Mako, 04 February 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:58 AM

Fog distance and colour is edited in map.ini

Hope that helps. Editing the view settings of maps is neither fun or interesting.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:39 PM

You answererd a part. Not the second point. :thumbsuphappy:

#4 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it is simply distance from the camera, although I could be wrong, I'm currently unable to check this due to not having my computer working...

Ridder Geel

#5 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:01 PM

Condolences

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users