• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vengefulnoob

vengefulnoob
  • Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

Hey Folks,

So my current project is editing the war of the ring where I can, and I'd like to say I've made good progress. Sauron's eye now looks to Gondor, is fixed on Rivendell etc. as befits the historical LotR campaign that I'm working on.

Problem is that I'm trying to add Palantir videos, like in bfme, to armies and cities. I'd like the player to be able to mouse over, say, the fellowship, and know that the correct palantir video file will play. Below is an example of how RJ had this set up within the campaign scenario.inc itself:

SpawnArmy
			ScriptingName = HeroArmy1
			SpawnForTemplates = PlayerMen
			HeroTemplateName = GondorAragornMP ;RohanFrodo
			PlayerArmy = MenAragornArmy_RJ ;TheHobbits_RJ
			Icon = HeroAragornIcon ;HeroMerryIcon
			PalantirMovie = Palantir_606
			InitialRegion = Rivendell ;Hobbiton
			Banner = BannerMen
		End

The major issue here is that despite the palantir video being correctly referenced, by the hero party (With working banner) that it is connected to, the mouse-over does nothing. Even clicking on the banner just returns the usual (expected) Palantir image, but no video.

This is likewise the problem with cities, which never show up with palantir movies either, though their invisible mouse-over objects are ingame. Is this something to do with the game.dat which the developers changed for bfme2? Am I looking at the wrong file?

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

EoPZnYh.png

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

Well does it work in the RJ mod?

If not then yes probably it does not work anymore in BFME 2, they did make several changes to the WotR thing in BFME 2...

But considering this is WotR code, I advise trying things yourself and see if you can get it to work, I'm not sure if many people have experience with this stuff or if anyone has tried it.

Ridder Geel

#3 vengefulnoob

vengefulnoob
  • Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

Unfortunately, it looks like RJ never managed to get it working, I have tried quite a while to implement the palantir videos with no dice so far. If I come back to this, I will update this thread

EoPZnYh.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users