5260 replies to this topic

#5101 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hmmm a teleporting area. I think so, yes. Have a generals power that has some effect that only hurts your own units, which causes a teleport behavior. The trouble is getting the units to teleport to a target since you'd have to point a target and select the units. I need to think about that for a bit as I don't know of any paralelle ability in the game that it'd be similar to.

What about this? The generals power places a teleport beacon. You then select the beacon and a target location, which causes the teleport behavior. On the other hand, you'd have to go through every unit for this general and add the teleport behavior, which would be really tedious and so probably not worth it.

I think the net fix was put in a while ago. I could go through and find out what things are causing mismatches, but that would take far to long to do, and I'd need a second person anyway. So I'll deal with it later.

Also I don't want to take everything from Creator :p Better that I work to make remix its own mod.

#5102 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thanks;) I think that should go to some general in the next release, probably grav laser.

Could you add something similar to the moving fortress. I certainly think it matches the play style well!

#5103 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I've got a idea for the tomohawk storm replacement to strategy centre, it fires long arm missiles instead!

#5104 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

An interesting, and probably easy to implement, idea. The problem is that it's a T1 super weapon, only designed for harassment purposes. Long arm missiles are a little more direct than "harassment."

#5105 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Oh, well maybe you could make a T2 supw. I've always thought that for the supw gen she should have more super weapons.:)

Not seriously now, but imagine the destructive power if you could then upgrade these to hydrogen bombs!

#5106 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

What happened to Pends idea on adding walls into the mod?

#5107 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

I got a working concept in place, but it was far too buggy and created path finding problems. In the end it just wasn't worth it, so I scrapped the idea.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#5108 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Okay, thank you. So if ion tech for research is getting ion aurora, dont you have to add something to shield tech for balance?

Edited by Tomeister, 18 April 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#5109 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I don't think so. Shield is a lot like gravity in that it improves existing units, and gets a "super building."

Right now, ion tech gives you the ion cannon (kind of underwhelming) and the ion tank. Particle gives you the annihilator, particle tanks, and the particle cannon (2 units and superweapon). Plasma gives you the plasma tank and upgrades the CAT, and a super power plant (2 units and super weapon).

Actually, a better parallel would be with the pulse laser tech: Pulse lasers upgrades virtually all of your units, but gets no super weapon nor a special unit on its own. And that's what shields do. They upgrade all your heavy tanks with impenetrable forward defense, and give you a shield generator building. I don't think it needs more than that.

#5110 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Good point. What's CAT again? And can't bullet penetrate the shields?

Edited by Tomeister, 18 April 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#5111 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Close assault tank. It's the heavy that gets the heavy microwave cannon (can kill large groups of infantry and kill vehicle drivers, but only at close range) and a plasma gun. Starts with a pair of high explosive cluster missiles.

I don't think bullets can penetrate the shield, but even if they could, they won't do nearly enough damage to the target (building or heavy tank) to matter.

#5112 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

That means his shields are better than Supw gen shields!

#5113 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

So anyway, how has your progress been over the last week?

#5114 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

But super weapons general doesn't have to spend a tech to get her shield.

Haven't made much progress over the past week. Surprisingly, modeling a 2000 tri torso for a dragon with relatively correct topology is FAR harder than you'd expect. Tomorrow I have no time either (class/work from 8 am to 9pm), but friday I'll get a good crack in. Going to first look at getting new models in because I like modeling and it shouldn't be too hard. Plus it feels more like progress than simple tweaks.

#5115 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Sounds good! Keep us posted!
Are the models purely cosmetic , or for new units?

Suggestion: an ability which spawns base defenses for Supw gen.

Why did Pend remove fake buildings?

#5116 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

For now, just cosmetic (going to start with replacing some heavy mechs). I'll move into new units afterwards, especially since I've not really bothered to dream up specific ideas, but that will come after another part: I want to continue with the original idea, which was further divide generals into escalation paths, similar to Airforce and Tanks, where you only get access to certain units based on generals powers (or laser with his techs), which necessarily prevents you from taking some other choices (only so many techs or general points). For example, introduce a line of medium mechs for Macro Robotics, and improve the heavies. Then make it so heavies are only unlocked by getting the heavy mech drop power (which'd be aptly renamed). This not only increases the number of units macro has which I feel is lacking, but also further subdivides him.

#5117 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Drop power- like make itself run out of power?

#5118 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

No. There's a generals power for macro robotics that drops heavy mechs. Works like tank general's tank drop power.

#5119 Guest_Tomeister_*

Guest_Tomeister_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Oh right- of course, thanks;)

#5120 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

So I'm working on designing new units for Macro robotics, and could use some ideas. What I'm planning on doing is increasing his unit count, and then subdividing it into tech choices (gen powers or upgrades). I'll take just about anything for ideas, but am mainly looking for what would be considered "light" and "medium" mechs. Heavy mechs would help too.

My ideas so far: Artillery spider mech (works as default T1 artillery if you don't get tomahawks). Hellfire barrage seeker drone (basically the current seeker drone with two hellfire missile pods. Works as an anti tank version of the current seeker).

I'm also thinking about a heavy bomber drone to fill out his airforce a bit, as well as a helicopter style gunship drone (similar in idea to the one Creator is adding to Contra). I also am looking at expanding the hybrid design power for both Macro and Micro. That being said, I also want to rework how it is right now too. I'd rather the units you gain access to were tooled to the general you're playing (so a larger version of spider mines for example. As it is, hybrid design gets you far more if you play micro than if you play macro), but that's less thought out. So for a second level of hybrid design, macro would get access to exosuit style units (storm trooper varients). I want to keep them distinct to each specialization, otherwise it's just "take this general power to have BOTH specializations" and I feel like that kills some of the character.

As a note, I'd qualify seeker drones as light mechs, spiders as medium and then anything from the advanced factory as heavy.

Edit: One other thing. What about a cyber warfare branch for micro robotics? Maybe something that hacks defense targetting, so they attack anything nearby? Not sure what I'd do for units though, especially since China already has "hackers." Maybe an upgrade that causes sporadic map black spots for the enemy? Just a thought, I'll deal with it more later.

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 21 April 2012 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users