Photo

Dawn Of Skirmish WA v2.00 AI for DC Mod is now LIVE!

72 replies to this topic

#41 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

@arcanus
Um, why is your dowai.module identical with DXP2.module?

dowai.module must be:

;; //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;; File	: dowai.module
;; Desc	: Dawn Of Skirmish AI Project.
;; Created : Jan 1st, 2005
;; Author  : Thudmeizer and Team (Arkhan, Larkin, Flenser, Excedrin, Corsix)
;; Modified: October 2006
;; By	  : Thudmeizer and Team
;; 
;; (c) 2002 Relic Entertainment Inc.
;; 

[global]

UIName = Dawn Of Skirmish DC AI Project
Description = Dawn Of Skirmish DC AI Project
DllName = WXPMod_DCMod
Playable = 1
ModFolder = dowai_mod
ModVersion = 2.0

;; List of folders to map for this MOD 
;; order is important - the first Archives registered will be scanned for files first
DataFolder.1 = Data

;; List of archives to load for this MOD 
;; order is important - the first Archives registered will be scanned for files first
;;ArchiveFile.1 = %LOCALE%\DXP2DataLoc
;;ArchiveFile.2 = %LOCALE%\DXP2DataKeys
;;ArchiveFile.3 = DXP2Data
;;ArchiveFile.4 = DXP2Data-SharedTextures-%TEXTURE-LEVEL%
;;ArchiveFile.5 = %LOCALE%\DXP2Data-Sound-Speech
;;ArchiveFile.6 = DXP2Data-Sound-%SOUND-LEVEL%
;;ArchiveFile.7 = DXP2Data-Music
;;ArchiveFile.8 = DXP2Data-Whm-%MODEL-LEVEL%%LOCALE%\WXPDataLoc

;; List of MODs that this MOD requires to work
RequiredMod.1 = DXP2
RequiredMod.2 = W40k

@Malkor
Very interesting! But keep in mind, that our general build programs are focused on hard difficulty level and 1vs1 or team games. The insane free for all builds should also be able to deal with early 1 vs 1 rush situations (at least not worse than the current ones). If those conditions are fullfilled then I'm definitely interested.
Though I at least am in AI vacancies now, since I need a break. I'll probably give Corsix cool SCAR dll a try this weekend, but that's it for the next weeks.

#42 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:01 PM

Though I at least am in AI vacancies now, since I need a break. I'll probably give Corsix cool SCAR dll a try this weekend, but that's it for the next weeks.

Have a nice break and thanks for this outstanding job Arkhan !

#43 arcanus

arcanus
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

Well I reinstalled all three DOW...installed your mod and tried it again and still nothing...Nothing listed in the game manager for DC....I can boot from your mod icon on my desktop but it gives me no inication anywhere that it is your skirmish mod....it still lists the DOW version in the top right....although I did notice this

;; List of folders to map for this MOD
DataFolder.1 = %LOCALE%\Data
DataFolder.2 = Data
DataFolder.3 = Data_Shared_Textures\%TEXTURE-LEVEL%
DataFolder.4 = Data_Sound\%SOUND-LEVEL%
DataFolder.5 = Data_Music
DataFolder.6 = Data_Whm\%MODEL-LEVEL%

;; List of archives to load for this MOD
ArchiveFile.1 = %LOCALE%\DXP2DataLoc
ArchiveFile.2 = %LOCALE%\DXP2DataKeys
ArchiveFile.3 = DXP2Data
ArchiveFile.4 = DXP2Data-SharedTextures-%TEXTURE-LEVEL%
ArchiveFile.5 = %LOCALE%\DXP2Data-Sound-Speech
ArchiveFile.6 = DXP2Data-Sound-%SOUND-LEVEL%
ArchiveFile.7 = DXP2Data-Music
ArchiveFile.8 = DXP2Data-Whm-%MODEL-LEVEL%

;; List of MODs that this MOD requires to work
RequiredMod.1 = W40k
The DXP2 file is only listing one required mod to play...but I did change it, and added a DXP required mod and it still did nothing...

As for the Dowai mod it is set back to normal too....the reason you saw it wrong was I just reversed it to see if it would have any effect on the game, which it did not...Oh yes and I went into the log files before I reinstalled and nothing was there...so I am assuming that for some obscure, mysterious, odd reason my computer does not want to recognize DOW mods for DC...thanks again.

#44 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:22 AM

@arcanus
Hmm, is it possible that you've no admin rights or the DC folder is write protected? We had such a thing in a previous version of the mod and therefore the log file didn't work. This could be the problem since I'm pretty sure that Corsix Modmanager modifies some files in the DC folder. If this fails, the situation you describe might happen. Maybe you also post the question in his game manager thread in the Relic mod forums.

#45 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:00 AM

This is something for when you guys start compiling a list of things to do, sometime after Christmas.

I watched a 4 Eldar vs 4 Chaos on a large Kasyr Lutien type map. It was using your AI Skirmish Mod, and I assume it was at the hard setting.

The Eldar AI allies built some very huge and impressive bases, and even built secondary bases all over the map. And, the Eldar AI allies gathered some extremely huge armies, and even an Eldar Avatar or two.

But, the Eldar AI allies just basically pooled or gathered or turtled around their different secondary bases and essentially waited for the human player (playing the Eldar) to take and destroy each of the Chaos bases himself.

Sometimes the one faction of Eldar would come forward and assist, but most of the time the Eldar AI seemed to be afraid and seemed to just sit and wait for an attack that never came.

If they would have brought their armies forward and engaged in battle, instead of waiting for the human player to do all the work, the Eldar would have mowed over them in short order.

It's nice to finally see such huge Eldar bases! And, it's nice to see them concerned about protecting those bases, but it would have been nice also to have seen the Eldar AI risk a few more of its troops in battle.

I don't know if this is even something worth mentioning, because the Eldar won, but I did notice it nevertheless while watching the replay. Most of the time, nobody cares if the AI does strange stuff as long as they win, but I thought it a bit strange, not that they gathered, but that they stayed in one place for so extremely long. And, even when they did move out as a group to attack, half the time, the Eldar just turned back around for no apparent reason and just went back to waiting and guarding their lair some more without ever engaging the enemy. And, it was really strange to see an Eldar Avatar just standing there doing nothing at all.

It just seemed strange, all that gathering and standing around and retreating for no reason, and was noticeable, so I report it. Like I say, no hurry or nothing. It's still a million times better than it was before, let me tell you.

#46 dctrjons

dctrjons
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:31 AM

Just my slice. Since his presence speeds production of all units...not risking him in battle may be one of the AI's choices.

#47 Guest_Kent_*

Guest_Kent_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:42 AM

@arcanus
Hmm, is it possible that you've no admin rights or the DC folder is write protected? We had such a thing in a previous version of the mod and therefore the log file didn't work. This could be the problem since I'm pretty sure that Corsix Modmanager modifies some files in the DC folder. If this fails, the situation you describe might happen. Maybe you also post the question in his game manager thread in the Relic mod forums.

Hey I was following Arcanus thread because I also have the same problem and can't figure out why it's doing it. What happened, anybody know? Is there a link or anybody know how to fix this problem that apparently myself and arcanus has? Thanks.

#48 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:01 AM

Hi AI mod team, I've been dying to play this mod but unfortunately I've had exactly the same problems as the previous guest. I've just got myslef a nice new computer and been reinstalling all sorts of bits and pieces and well the mod installs, but no DC skirmish shows up.

The funny thing is that when I went to install 1.95 it worked no problem! It runs with WA and shoes up in DoW main menu screen. I've admin rites on this PC and have been scratching my head to try and figure out why the v2.AImod installs but does not show up... I've read through all the suggestions that you gave the other fella and none of those suggestions work. The only thing that comes to mind is that the installation path for DC is located on seperate drive.. But that's it.

Anyway congrats on the new mod and I look forward to playing it :-)

#49 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:43 PM

Come on Lads, let's get back into it!

Great Job :)

#50 Guest_SmokeTooMuch_*

Guest_SmokeTooMuch_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:42 PM

Well i have the same problem ... my GameManager is blank....

here is my warnings.log

it looks very strange O.o

13:39:26.23 DARKCRUSADE started at 2006-12-03 13:39
13:39:26.23 OS NT 5.1, 1023MB Physical Memory
13:39:26.23 RUN-OPTIONS
13:39:26.23 WORKING-DIR C:\Programme\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
13:39:26.23 USER SmokeTooMuch
13:39:26.23
13:39:29.60 MATHBOX -- Version=5, Cpu=unknown:f=15,m=4, Mode=SSE
13:39:29.60 FILESYSTEM -- filepath failure, path does not exist 'Engine\Locale\german\Data'
13:39:29.60 GAME -- Warning: Failed to map folder 'Engine\Locale\german\Data'.
13:39:29.60 GAME -- Warhammer, 1.11, Build 95990
13:39:29.60 GAME -- Available memory: 1022MB RAM, 2411MB Pagefile
13:39:29.60 State::State - set socket send buffer to 131072
13:39:29.60 State::State - set socket receive buffer to 131072
13:39:29.60 HostState - 192.168.69.251:6112 / 192.168.69.251:6112
13:39:29.60 PeerState - 192.168.69.251:6112 / 192.168.69.251:6112
13:39:29.60 PeerState::ConnectCallbackHost - connecting to host at 255.255.255.255:6112
13:39:29.60 GSTransport::Connect - GT2AddressError
13:39:29.60 SPOOGE - Driver[Dx9 : Hardware TnL] on adapter[0], version[4,32]
13:39:29.60 SPDx9 -- Driver Name = nv4_disp.dll Device = \\.\DISPLAY1 Desc = NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
13:39:29.60 SPDx9 -- Driver Vendor = 0x10DE Device = 0x0393 SubSys = 0xC4473842 Rev = 0x00A1
13:39:29.60 SPDx9 -- Driver Version Product = 0x0006 Version = 0x000E SubVersion = 0x000A Build = 0x249B (9371)
13:39:29.60 SPDx9 -- Driver GUID = {D7B71E3E-40D3-11CF-697F-4DE400C2CB35}
13:39:29.60 SPOOGE -- 744.00MB available texture memory
13:39:29.60 SPOOGE -- 744.00MB available texture memory
13:39:29.60 GAME -- Beginning FE
13:39:29.65 MOVIE -- Opening movie 'movies:dxp_relic_intro.lua'
13:39:31.78 MOVIE -- Closing movie 'movies:dxp_relic_intro.lua'
13:39:31.78 MOVIE -- Opening movie 'movies:nvidia_logo.lua'
13:39:32.87 MOVIE -- Closing movie 'movies:nvidia_logo.lua'
13:39:32.87 MOVIE -- Opening movie 'movies:dow_intro.lua'
13:39:33.43 MOVIE -- Closing movie 'movies:dow_intro.lua'
13:39:33.43 FE -- Loading front end.
13:39:33.43 FE -- Cursor hidden.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- (mod manager) Failed to load mod dll 'WXPMod_DCMod.dll' from MOD definition file 'dowai.module' (Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.)
13:39:36.98 GAME -- Unable to load the DLL for MOD 'dxp2' -- please use the matching executable!
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Initializing Mod dxp2, 1.0
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to load archive 'W40k\W40kDataGOTY.sga'
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'DXP2\Locale\german\Data'.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'DXP2\Data_Shared_Textures\Full'.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'DXP2\Data_Sound\Full'.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'DXP2\Data_Music'.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'DXP2\Data_Whm\High'.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'W40k\Locale\german\Data'.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'W40k\Data_Shared_Textures\Full'.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'W40k\Data_Sound\Full'.
13:39:36.98 MOD -- Warning: Failed to open folder 'W40k\Data_Whm\High'.
13:39:39.53 GAME -- Using player profile SmokeTooMuch
13:39:39.53 AppRegistry::GetValue - Failed to read valueName CDKEY
13:39:43.81 GAME -- Ending FE
13:39:43.81 GAME -- Shutdown quit
13:39:43.81 MOD -- Shutting down Mod 'dxp2'...
13:39:44.29 SPOOGE -- 743.00MB available texture memory
13:39:44.29 SPOOGE -- 744.00MB available texture memory
13:39:44.32
Application closed without errors

#51 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:49 PM

13:39:36.98 MOD -- (mod manager) Failed to load mod dll 'WXPMod_DCMod.dll' from MOD definition file 'dowai.module' (Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.)
13:39:36.98 GAME -- Unable to load the DLL for MOD 'dxp2' -- please use the matching executable!

Obviously WXPMod_DCMod.dll (comes with the mod install) is missing in your DC folder. No idea why.

#52 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:51 PM

no it's there

#53 Quitch

Quitch
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:14 PM

whats the diffrence between hard/harder/insane was there any change compared to relics hp/damage/eco buff?

Afaik there is no hp/damage buff with harder/insane with Relics AI. Just eco. Same here. Hard is standard eco, full scripts. Harder/insane just adds eco buff.

Can you just confirm that for me? In vanilla DoW, IIRC it was Harder that was equal eco, with Hard working at 90% of yours and Insane at 125%. Did Dark Crusade change this setup?

Edited by Quitch, 03 December 2006 - 04:15 PM.

#54 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

Have we tested our AI mod with the latest 1.11 Patch? I haven't.. I haven't bother as DC 1.11 is just language localization and not a major update at all.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#55 JH24

JH24
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:20 PM

I wanted to thank the creators of this awesome AI mod! I have installed it since yesterday and I already can't imagine anymore what I would do without it. I haven't encountered any kind of problems with the mod yet and I experienced a very big difference with the original AI. Your new AI uses a lot of abilities I haven't seen yet with the normal AI.

I have played several skirmish games against Tau, Chaos and Imperial Guard and I am really enjoying the gameplay. They all launched some very cool and powerful attacks, I'll have to practice more. Out of four skirmish battles I only won 1. I am really happy that the new AI also works in the campaign mode making the feeling very different.

What I absolutely love is the AI Control Panel. Building up bases and setting up defenses are a big part of the fun I have with strategy games and I had some trouble with the fact I was always attacked so early by the original AI, attacks who weren't strong enough but just enough to really annoy me. Now thanks to the attack delay option I have time to set up my defenses. I was surprised this feature even worked in the campaign mode. After twenty minutes the AI attacked (in the campaign) and... well, I am really impressed. Your AI attacked me with everything they had and I loved every moment of that awesome battle (I was against IG) After that it was a painful (but very fun) struggle to bring my forces (Orks) to their main base fighting over every meter.

I am going to play against the Necrons tonight, I look forward to it.

I do have one question (I am sorry if this is a weird question or posted it the wrong section), when I set the slider in the AI Control panel to fast tech I know the AI will produce less units in favor of research, but after the research is done will the AI resume his normal strategy again? Also, does this make the AI weaker in a skirmish or actually very strong in the long run?

Thank you so much AI Team for this great Mod!!!

Edited by JH24, 03 December 2006 - 05:23 PM.

#56 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:10 PM

I do have one question (I am sorry if this is a weird question or posted it the wrong section), when I set the slider in the AI Control panel to fast tech I know the AI will produce less units in favor of research, but after the research is done will the AI resume his normal strategy again? Also, does this make the AI weaker in a skirmish or actually very strong in the long run?

The AI follows a specific research tree and for every research item it has to obtain a minimum army. If it's not big enough, the AI will wait with teching and focus on building troops instead. This minimum army value increases until it reaches a maximum value at the end of the tech tree.
There's no definite answer if a specific setting is weaker or stronger. It depends on the map, playstyle of the player and maybe even the race. Even a new Relic patch can change the best setting. (Like WA 1.5 did)

Thanks for appreciation! :p

#57 troubadour

troubadour
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:53 AM

@thudo : AI mod V2 works perfectly with DC 1.11

#58 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:56 AM

The Eldar AI isn't as good as the other AI in this mod.

The Eldar AI allies refuse to attack the enemy bases. The Eldar AI instead stand around or gather into a big pile and just wait for the enemy AI to build huge bases, and by then, it is too late. Or, the Eldar start to go to an enemy base, get halfway there, and just turn around and go back.

You almost get the feeling that the Eldar AI is afraid of the rest of the AI. Even when the Eldar AI have huge reserves and lots of troops and tanks, they just stand there and do nothing much of the time.

I have seen this in quite a few games now with the Dark Crusade version of the AI Mod. I'm using the hard difficulty setting and go in with the AI donations off.

Something for you to look at in the next version, please.

#59 DieKlette

DieKlette
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:59 AM

Hy guys ;),

here i am again. I played a lot the last days and overwatched some Ai battles. It makes a lot of fun so far.
Here are a few suggestions which may help you to improve it further:

1.Space Marines
The build order for squad reinforcment should be changed. Why?
It needs a lot time to update a tactical squad to full strength with all weapon upgrades, sarge and more space marines.

Good players first add only the weapons. You often see human players have tactical squads with four or five space marines carrying 4-5 heavy bolter or plasma rifles. That kick ass.

In your build order the AI first build the sarge and then start to reinforce and weapon update.

It would be more effectiv if the AI would first upgrade the squad to full weapon strength and THEN build the sarge and the space marines to get the squad full.

Surely the first research at tier2 should be the heavy weapon research to get 5 HW for the space marine teams.

Also:
Often space marine builds flamers still on tier 2 against the Tau. That's kind a weird.

2.Melee units

Something in generall about the melee units.
Melee units always do not attack in last consequenz. If their moral is broken they retreat generally. That's a big problem because they need to bind shooting troups. If they start retreating they get badly shot instead of staying and let allied melee units bind the other squads.

This affects races, like the orcs, which have a lot melee units.
An example:
The orcs run after the enemy with some melee squads. The first squad takes damage, morale gets broken and they retreat.
Following that this happens to all the following squads. If they would have bind the enemy in spite of broken morale, the other melee units would have finished this off.

A little remark: Often players are complaining about the Necrons strength. But i think the really ass kickers are the Tau. Damn, after they get vehicles, they are fucking hard to kill.

Excuse me for my bad english. I hope you understand what i am trying to say. Otherwise i could write it in german and Arkhan could have a look.

Greatings, enjoy live an continue the great work :grin:

peace

Julian

Edited by DieKlette, 04 December 2006 - 12:02 PM.

#60 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:40 PM

The Eldar AI isn't as good as the other AI in this mod.

D00d.. the Eldar AI use the EXACT code as the other 6 factions. Nothing is different with them. You need to play the Eldar on different maps -- please try to reproduce this across the board. I can assure you the Eldar are just as brutal as all the rest.

Good players first add only the weapons. You often see human players have tactical squads with four or five space marines carrying 4-5 heavy bolter or plasma rifles. That kick ass.

The AI DOES balance weapon upgrades and reinforcements. Its not just straight reinforcing then weapon upgrades. U need to check what the AI does - it does what you were hoping it would.

Melee units always do not attack in last consequenz. If their moral is broken they retreat generally. That's a big problem because they need to bind shooting troups. If they start retreating they get badly shot instead of staying and let allied melee units bind the other squads.

Again.. this is hit-and-miss. I've seen the AI keep melee units in combat. Its not perfect but there is only so much the scripts can do. However, I have seen what you've experienced and it comes down to the fact the AI doesn't always move all its forces together but normally segments them into individual squads or a commander without the benefit of support. This does happen but its not consistent. It does have its moments.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users