Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:13 AM

I know why EA didn't put any walls in BFME2... :grin:
But does anyone know if there are any mods containing these? I'm not talking about Isengard walls lended to Mordor, I mean actual tall Mordor walls like the ones on the fortress... ;)

Posted Image

If not, I'm looking for extra creaw/team to my mod that could complete things with this feature by "ripping" out the texture from the fortress walls and making buildable walls, hubs and gates. No upgrades necessary. If anyone with modelling skills is interested - PM me and I'll send you the looooooooooooong manuscript of what is allready done. This is going to be a kick a** remake of MarksMod with complete emphasis on "realism" and untainted Tolkien feel. I understand that it's lame to ask someone else to "do the work for you", but my intention is more like joining in on an almost finished mega gameplay mod. Everything has been repolished and balance is superb. It's just this piece that's missing in terms of graphics... The rest is coding and would be finished pretty soon I hope, at least with the continued excellent help this forum has been so far ^_^

CU guys! ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 06 May 2007 - 09:17 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

Well have you seen wall in Dol Guldur ? I havent checked but I think that ´those could propably be used as walls.

#3 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:47 AM

you could use those, but they are turned the wrong way. you'll have to import them in 3ds max, rotate them 90 degrees, and remap the texture (since this doesn't get imported). the last bit is hardish, because mordor walls are so spiky

after that you'll have to make them animated (since dol guldur walls just stand there doing nothing)

Edited by 2playgames, 04 January 2007 - 11:54 AM.

bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

Yes - those walls would be PERFECT! They're complete with gates and hubs too.... Hm, why would it be so impossible to "rip them" out from that map and use in game? :grin:
"Turned the wrong way"? :p

Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 04 January 2007 - 06:00 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

"Turned the wrong way"?

you see, where a normal wall is built this way:
o----------o
the dol guldur walls are built like
o | | | | | o

bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

Oh... oh no! Darn, that seems complicated, yes! :(

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

2Play, I've noticed that u guys are working on something for your Deluxe Edition? What kind of walls will those be? Isengard or "real" mordor looking? :o

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:53 AM

I thought i should leave here a hint about using an existing 3d model for Mordor walls. The Black Gate! It's more than cool looking walls to use in mordor, they're actually Mordor's walls!
I would really like to be able to create walls while playing with Mordor, even better would be wall upgrades like the ones the Dwarfes have! ;)
Anyway i hope some pro here knows how to do it! I'm just another noob modder and BFME2 fan who loves to play with Mordor, others like me would surelly appreciatte a LOT that much help from you, thanks for the attencion!
Keep modding!

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:22 AM

Hehe, lets's not get carried away here ;) ;)

The way I see it, Mordor walls are Mordor walls in general (style), but black gate walls are Black Gate walls and sort of belong only there. Beeing able to build them anywhere would sort be like bringing the Statue of Liberty in your backpack, instead of a souvenir... They are WAY to big ;) You would also need trolls to open them, and the size alone of just a minor set up, would make them unpractical and extremey unbalaced to other walls. Kind of like using Isengard (the fortress) walls for Isengard faction, instead of the "normal" Isengard-stylee-walls they have now.

Posted Image

No I think the Dol Guldur walls would be THE walls for Mordor, if any... They match the others perfectly and they have arrow towers and gates. It's all there... but it need to be extracted and remodelled :)

Can't for the life of me understand why EA excluded them in the game... :p
BUT, if any luck is on my side, of one the most prominent and helpful members of this forum will help me use them in my mod too. Haven't yet convinced him to accept payment though ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 10 January 2007 - 02:23 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Hard_Sander

Hard_Sander
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:02 PM

Can't you use scale and remove the trolls?

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

I'm sorry i'm not regitered yet.
Well i guess you're right! :D Dol Guldur would be the perfect walls for mordor.
With all the arrow towers (and catapults? hehe). Black gate walls would be stupidly oversized! :p
I don't have any experience in remodeling 3d, but anyone who does can easely set them ready for coding in a sec! It can't be that hard...
I've tried the deluxe edition mod and Isengard walls in Mordor are kind of a dog without a bone...you know what i mean.

Lauri removes your own mods stuff...

Again, sorry for the offtopic! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MORDOR WALLS!! :)

Edited by Lauri, 10 January 2007 - 07:56 PM.

#12 Guest_heifi_*

Guest_heifi_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

i've tried to implement the dol goldur walls. but there is no way to turn arround the wall pieces. with "placementviewangle" or something like this i could turn them, but this does not work for the wall span command for unknown reasons. i think this command is hardcoded, cause i didnt found anything in the inis i could change. so i think its not possible to get mordor walls without 3d moddeling...

#13 Hard_Sander

Hard_Sander
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

I don't have any experience in remodeling 3d, but anyone who does can easely set them ready for coding in a sec! It can't be that hard...

If it isn't hard, it shouldn't be hard to learn?

Black gate walls would be stupidly oversized! tongue.gif

Scale?

And it really is Off Topic, why post your list of changes in an topic about mordor walls?
About your list;
There would get some imbalance:
Why make Mirkwood Archers cheaper. Then there will be built more, while you made the flying beast armor higher because of all the elven archers?
The Dwarven herous are few, but stong.
Increase health Axethrower? Have you ever played online? Everyone complains there OP.
Reduce Uruk price, there good infantery, and now for low cost?

I like the idea of the Dol Guldur walls, I'm sure you'll find a way. :p

#14 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

Well actually Im already working on it and that rotation part was easy so if Nazgûl wants to do it it really doesnt require so much but I dont know the texture name of those walls so...

#15 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

Me and Nazgul had a conversation on MSN, I think I'll be making them and releasing them to the general public.

The package I will release will include: Dul Guldor Walls, properly rotated and mapped, +the gate and towers and build-up animations. Just don't ask when I will be done, that really ticks me off :p
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#16 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

That's pretty good news, I think many modders would like that to be done, thanks Fin!

#17 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

Me and Nazgul had a conversation on MSN, I think I'll be making them and releasing them to the general public.

That's very nice of you, when do you think it will be done?

:p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#18 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

Yeah that sounds awesome Fin and especially build-up anims. Good luck with it.

#19 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

Started work. If only EA's W3D Viewer weren't so royally screwed up... It displays the lighting improperly, which REALLY ticks me off :blush:

@DLotS: Why don't you view the newbie thread? Maybe we can steer you in the right direction, toward a productive and useful modding career :p

Edited by Fingulfin, 10 January 2007 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#20 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:42 PM

@DLotS: Why don't you view the newbie thread? Maybe we can steer you in the right direction, toward a productive and useful modding career :blush:

Yeah, that might be a good idea. Maybe one day I'll be good enough to train a new generation of newbies... like you ;)
:p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users