Photo

Skirmish AI 2.3 Beta 2 - Post Comments In Thread!

46 replies to this topic

#41 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

AI donation is in the control panel AND the game options. Is this necessary ? What if the toggles are no in sync ?

#42 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

Unfortunately if I deselect Extended Camera, Heroes is not installed... (?)

Oh... uh... yes! I had to play a bit around with the installer to find out how to use multiple install options and made a slight mistake. It's fixed now, thanks! :rolleyes:

Some GM squads were reinforced, but none was upgraded with heavy weapons, though a sergeant was added to most squads.

I changed their upgrade behaviour a bit to make it more likely. Hope it works...

AI built mines (1) that served no purpose.

Yeah, the mine problem... (Sigh) Sometimes the AI misplaces them completely. I think about removing them from T1.

AI donation is in the control panel AND the game options. Is this necessary ? What if the toggles are no in sync ?

Yes, the donation option in the AI control panel isn't used at the moment. I forgot to remove it for the 2.2 release. I'll remove if for the next beta...

#43 Inquisitor

Inquisitor
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:09 PM

AI Version: 2.3b3
Match: 1v1
Factions: Necrons vs Necron AI
Game Modes Used: Annihilate, Heroes
Map: Blood River
AI Difficulty: Hard
Resources Rate: Normal
Resources Sharing: Off
Winner: Necron

Comments: Easy Necron mirror match with bugs. AI arrived early with some reinforced NW and the NL, but they were not really effective. I tried to harass his base with my NL, but the AI had built a turret, so I had to retreat. Then came two Wraiths which is a bad choice vs. Necrons (suggest Wraiths to be only deplyed if infiltrated units has been encountered). I then attacked the AI base and the AI did a poor job on the defense (see the following).

Observations of interest: AI built three Summoning Cores (!) only one is needed and is probably a major reason for its poor performance (these were built at the exact same time). Besides that three (3) fully enforced scarabs were working the same Powergen, while three buildings were not worked on. The AI NL seemed to insist on dancing away from my NL, which is a bit strange. The AI NL generally milled about striking my NW once, retreated, go back to NW and strike once, retreated (repeat ad nauseum) - he was very ineffective! The AI NWs were very ineffective because of retreating: They were attacked and retreated out of the AI base and came back, broke and retreated out of the base again. The AI built two powergens (good) at the eastern relic, but also built two turrets (not good, as the relic had never been attacked and the main base was under attack).

Replay: Download.
The Emperor knows, the Emperor is watching.
Want to zoom out further? Try this camera mod.

#44 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

Hey Inquisitor - please post that in the new v2.3b3 thread please.

As for what happened.. the 3 summoning cores is a known bug. Try another map like 2p_FallenCity and it won't happen.

The Turrets @ the Relic are supposed to be there but Necron Turrets and LPs suck royal a*s anyway in terms of power so they are there just to be annoying. :rolleyes:

Please don't forget to play different maps.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#45 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

AI built three Summoning Cores (!) only one is needed and is probably a major reason for its poor performance (these were built at the exact same time).

It's an old bug that occurs from time to time. It's hardcoded and can't be fixed. This might have overshadowed the entire game.

The AI NL generally milled about striking my NW once, retreated, go back to NW and strike once, retreated (repeat ad nauseum) - he was very ineffective!

Hmm, maybe the retreat health is too high. I increased it in 2.3 because someone reported they should retreat earlier. Hmm, I'll wait for further reports abort this issue...

#46 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

I'm currently tweaking the build strategies. I test them by matching same races 1 vs 1 (chaos now) with different strategies for team 1 and team 2 by modifying the loader code. Slot 1 will use your standard strategies, slot 2 will use my new strategies (less turrets/minefields, higher army requirements for researches, tweaked force tech etc). I know the results won't make it for 2.3 (which is fine as the current strategies are ok but can be optimized). There are inherent weak strategies like chaos raptor (jump troops in general). AI is not good with them. They often jump attack LP2 but do not destroy them completly.

Testing my new code I noticed chaos building 3! rhinos at 13 vehicle cap though it should better build efficient stuff first.
I also noticed that the AI is slow/reluctant on increasing cap when the limits are reached. For example chaos was at 13/13 infantry for a very long time but did not build researches . It had lots of resources but for some reason was not using them for cap increase. Finally it did but this code seems to have very low priority. My 2 cents for now. 2.3 is nice btw. Very good job.

#47 Inquisitor

Inquisitor
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

Hmm, maybe the retreat health is too high. I increased it in 2.3 because someone reported they should retreat earlier. Hmm, I'll wait for further reports abort this issue...

I think it is a general issue. I played some more and saw the same behavior with Chaos. I will post in detail about it in the other thread.

I'm currently tweaking the build strategies.

Sounds interesting! Maybe your findings will make it in to version 2.4... :rolleyes:

Lets continue the discussion in b3 thread.
The Emperor knows, the Emperor is watching.
Want to zoom out further? Try this camera mod.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users