#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:16 AM

EDIT: New version for Beta IV was released 14th of June 2007! 5 MB - 50 pages! :lol:

--------------------
*old post below*
--------------------
I decided to use 72dpi screens instead of 150-300dpi like last time. Many people have had problems downloading the ReadMe just cause it was so big, so now it's 2,5Mb instead of 10 Mb. And this despite the fact that the ReadMe is now 32 pages long, instead of 16! ;)

Posted Image

Download now and check it out! :huh:

Edited by Nazgûl, 16 June 2007 - 03:54 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 watsupcuz

watsupcuz
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:47 AM

Sweet much better now as it tells pretty much everthing that is new in the game, Good Job.
Posted Image

#3 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:14 AM

Very nice, very informative, very fun to read! :huh:

Two things: Under 2) in the ships section, 'adds' is spelt wrong. I forget where, but please change he*l to heck or something similar. I am an advocate against course language.
If you feel like changing those, be my guest!

I didn't know some of those things. Sweet! I can't belive this is getting a 3.8 user rating at the 3rd age!

I tried to bring myself to play Rotwk today with the Wars of the East mod. I quit when I was being swamped by the enemy in less than ten minutes. When I read the stats, within the first 36 seconds of the game, the dwarves had 45 units. I have no idea how they built 2 battlions, a barracks, and came up with the cash in 36 sec! I played for 11 min of that, then 1hr:49min of your mod! Whoohoo! I am just amazed at this mod. *speil done*

Edit: Are you filthy rich?!?!?!?!? You have an amazing graphics card, a new edition of Norton, 13 programs open and most likely no lag (which implies a large amount of ram), etc! I would recomend explorer 7.0, though because you can have all five pages open in one window (in a taskbar). Much easier (but my parents hate it).

Edited by clonecommand, 15 April 2007 - 02:18 AM.

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:05 AM

Thanks... and *fixed* ;)

About the grades... First of all I guess all don't have my taste off course. I remember complaining about this game a couple of years ago at Gamespot Forums and I got like 15 kids, ages 11-15 that wanted to kill me, kind of, posting scary replies to my claims about the concept of deception from EA (with their marketing of BFME series). hehe SO I guess some actually think it's a good product as it is... *barf* :huh:

I also think that some people just "automatically" vote without knowing that much about stuff. It's fun to press buttons you know, lol, and maybe some just vote from whatever little they know. I havent voted for any mod cause I don't know enough about any of them since I havent had the time to play them. When I'm not modding, or working, I try to have a life too... :p

And no, I'm not rich at all... :/ But I need to have a good comp since I work as a journalist and graphical artist from time to time, AND I love games... but rich... no way. I wish though... ;)

My PC is an:
- AMD Athlon64, 3500+ cpu
- Asus A8N-E motherboard
- 2 Gb ram
- GeForce 7900GTX, 512 Mb gpu

Not THAT wicked, but enough ^_^
But it is kinda sexy looking... :lol:
Posted Image

Edited by Nazgûl, 15 April 2007 - 03:11 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:08 AM

its those 2 gigs of ram that makes you able to do all that at once :huh:
Posted Image

#6 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:50 AM

Wow... I was wondering when you would reply, and all I saw was adummy's post, not yours, and suddenly I am confused trying to figure what you are talking about. Then I see you posted 3min before adummy. Several days ago. :rolleyes:

I like to press buttons too. There is a modder that gets a lot of critical aclaim, but I can't stand to look at the mods, they just look so horrible. But I am not evil about it. But how can they rate the mod low, when you have such a good comp? With such nice screens! :p

I have never heard of that brand of comp. Your comp is 3x better than mine, literally. Still, that comp has got to be at least $2,000!

And now I suddenly get what 'fixed' means. I must be having a bad day. :crazed: :blush:

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:22 AM

lol, u're funny my friend :rolleyes:

- Fixed is the PDF yes (I speak like Yoda sometimes, yes) :p

- Vento is only the brand of the case made by ASUS. I built the PC myself with parts such as those listed. The HD is Hitachi, the speakers are JBL, and so on. Just a compliation of good things. It was about 20 grand swedish crowns in total, which is like $2000 yes. But that doesnt make one rich... I ate cheap for a couple of months... lol. Rich is BILL GATES, HUGH HEFNER, and such people... hehe. I'm just an ordinary guy with ONE girlfriend, lol

Like adummy says, RAM makes a big difference and ram is pretty chep nowadays =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 17 April 2007 - 02:23 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

Ram can go up to $700. So I'd suppoese it can be expensive. The ram we recently bought was $200.

You must be thinking of Donald Trump. The rich guy with a bad hair style, unlimited girlfriends, and a huge ego! ;) Rich is the one that makes 7 figures (I can talk like Yoda, too). :p

I have never heard of those brands before. ASUS rings a bell...maybe not.

I think you are the only modder (that I know of) that has a decent comp. All the other modders (a lot) always speak of their comp dieing, lost data, etc.

#9 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

200 or 700 $ for RAM :p ? It costs like 50 - 70 $ for me... It's really cheap, unless you've got a really old computer.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:26 PM

For a 512MB? Are you sure? That seems awful cheap.

#11 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

http://www.amazon.co...7...o.y=0&Go=Go

:p
Posted Image

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

I paid like $200 for 2Gb of DDR2 RAM 400MHz... ;) Kingston! REAL quality stuff. PCs are cheap here if you build yourself :p

Donald Trump.. yeah, but noone beats Hugh Hefner! The guy's 81 yo and has 3 girlfriends from 33 to 21 yo... HAHA, thats wicked ;) I mean... you think it's the money... or just his charm? lol

Anyways... a good comp really helps when modding, I know... I dont think I would have done this mod without this bad ass comp actually =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

Apparently he is really charming, but no doubt the money is a major influence.

I would put an off-topic sign here, but it seems more on-topic than anything else.

I've 1GB of RAM. My computer in total cost me about £300 (well it cost ME about £50, my parents paid for the rest as an xmas present).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#14 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

Wait a second... Hugh Hefner is the playboy owner. He has got to have more than three, and I am sure he reads his own magizines. Or at least, looks at them. Money is definetly what gets him the girls.
Donald is more mild.

Now wondor how much was that ram. It was kingston. But I did see $700 2gb ram.
Once you know, you Newegg (.com). Most prices are cheaper.

Coughcough advocate agianst swearing... ;)

$300 (about) for a comp! That's cheap! Wow! Is it any good?

I'd say it's on-topic. We are talking about how Nazgul has a good comp with expensive ram, that helps him create a wonderful readme. Just work the rich people with girls in there ;) :p

#15 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

Fuck your 2GB of RAM, check this out: 32GB:
http://www.stefandidak.com/office/
You have to be a nerd like me to appreciate this.
Posted Image

#16 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:34 PM

That looks annoying, I like things simple.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

Apparently he is really charming, but no doubt the money is a major influence.

I would put an off-topic sign here, but it seems more on-topic than anything else.

I've 1GB of RAM. My computer in total cost me about £300 (well it cost ME about £50, my parents paid for the rest as an xmas present).

I agree, I've seen the show on telly, and he seems really nice and kind as a person. Not at all cocky or anything like rich people can be... Especially after building an empire like his. I like him ;) And what if he's got young chicks, who wouldn't if he could at 81, lol

OT, yeah, somwhat, but then agian not... It's still about the PDF actually... I think? lol. Sometimes OT is ok ;)

Wait a second... Hugh Hefner is the playboy owner. He has got to have more than three, and I am sure he reads his own magizines. Or at least, looks at them. Money is definetly what gets him the girls.
Donald is more mild.

Now wondor how much was that ram. It was kingston. But I did see $700 2gb ram.
Once you know, you Newegg (.com). Most prices are cheaper.

Coughcough advocate agianst swearing... ;)

$300 (about) for a comp! That's cheap! Wow! Is it any good?

I'd say it's on-topic. We are talking about how Nazgul has a good comp with expensive ram, that helps him create a wonderful readme. Just work the rich people with girls in there ;) :p

Donald, more mild? Gosh, not in my opinion fter seeing his tv crap too... lol
Against swearing right... Check this out below... ;)

Fuck your 2GB of RAM, check this out: 32GB:
http://www.stefandidak.com/office/
You have to be a nerd like me to appreciate this.

LOL ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:27 PM

I thought about replying, but my mom was in the room, and I din't want here to see the infamous f-word. Why din't it get blocked.
Donald does TV stuff. There are limits there. But Hugh Hefner on the other hand, has no limits.

The comp was cool, but I rather have 1 screen.

By the way, if want to know why I am an advocate against swearing, check my signiture.

#19 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

I can't find the link to the pdf i tryed in the site and copying from the screenshot but the old one appears.
could someone give me the url please?
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:36 PM

Here it is: NazgulsSpecialExtendedEdition.pdf-Link (click me)

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users