Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:19 PM

But do you have to forsake a sense of design and continuity in sense of gameplay too?

TTA had FAR better designs then BFME2, and, in my opinion, was a much better game.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#22 King Earnur

King Earnur
  • Project Team
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:58 AM

All I have to say at this point is your right but BFME2 still was way worse then "numero uno." It should have been like one of the mods I've seen that gives you the walls from #1 but gives you the units from BFME2

#23 Guest_Naturally-Radagast_*

Guest_Naturally-Radagast_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

Hey,
You no i didnt mind BFME2 i have read the books and the seen the film. its fun and maybe i could/ we could all come up with better more balanced factions. and sure its slghtly off the realistic side but i suppose it sepends upon your point of view. Not really nowing much about the other factions apart form Mordor, Gondor, and Rohna i accepted both elves dwarves and gobs.
HOwever i do feel that Ea completley lost the plot on Elven skinning it was just foul. like WTF(except maby Mirkwood archers, the y were ok0! Elves were supposed to be grce ful and camoflauged blending into treeline perfectly with capes nd all. They were the fair people of middle earth For gods sake! The lack of ring hero powers was plain boring, Naval battles were pointless and i left them unused! Nd something i have asways had a pet peeve for was the shallowness of Bfme upgrades: hevy armour, forged blades ect the y were all the same BORING! have new things Allow for abillity to upgrade (EX) archers with either Hunting heads or Hot iron Heads...i dont no but plese some deepth! oh and last hting on ROTWK they flippin took their time on that patch! GRRRRR

#24 Nomanisat

Nomanisat
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

I never said i hated BFME 2 or EA, i'm just pi$$ed that it only works on about two video cards, i actually have a load of games from EA

#25 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

a thing I do have to say about BFME (and 2 too) is that, while the gameplay may be quite good, the programming and performance suck.

try to get a LAN game working. it will only work 10% of the time.
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users