• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:27 AM

Hi everyone, I've been playing your mod alot Morgoth and I really like it. I do have one problem though: How do you detect Ungoliant? She seems to appear at random times during the game and disapear just as quickly, whereas with Gollum as long as you keep a unit near to him he stays visible.

Also what exactly does Ungoliant do? Can Angband get Morgoth as their "ring" hero?

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:34 AM

It would be so awesome (and realistic) if she could emit shroud to hide herself...

What does she look like? (screenie please)
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#3 morgoth946

morgoth946

title available

• Hosted
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:27 PM

I haven't finished this feature yet. I think that if you kill ungolianth you'll get the ring to build Sauron again ;)
The Four Ages, the new english Website:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

I'll try to get some screenshots.

Thanks Morgoth:)

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:16 PM

I guess that she'll drop a Silmaril when the feature is complete? With Fëanor as the Elven ring hero? Maybe Beren as the ring hero of Men, and... Morgoth as the Angband ring hero, though that's overpowering.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

Feanor stunk compared to Fingolfin, maybe that elf that stayed behind (name?) or collecting the silmaril could give you access to a new power that you wouldn't normally have, like Summon Morgoth for Angband, Host of the West (OP Flood :) ) for Elves, Light of Earendil (ion cannon type beam)
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#7 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:45 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Morgoth dilute his essence through his "creation" (ie. perversion of good)of the various evil creatures. I've heard several times that by the time he fought Fingolfin he was but a shadow of his former self, only marginally more powerful than the greatest of the Elves (hence why Finglofin pwned him before he died). It's also the case that Morgoth's wounds never healed and so perhaps if you make him somewhat stronger than the other "silmaril" heroes without regen it would be balanced?

This is slightly off topic but what made you guys reduce horde sizes?

Lastly: whoever did the Orcs of Angband and Archers of Angband units did a REALLY good job. There are so many weapon combos!

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 07 May 2007 - 01:46 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

Fingolfin pwned Morgoth? Maybe I need to go re-read the Silmarillion because I don't remember this happening. All I remember is Morgoth pwning Fingolfin, but taking a few wounds in the process.

You can't compare Feanor to Fingolfin. Feanor is greatest of all elves, and IMO he would have inflicted more than 7 wounds if he had have faced Morgoth in combat.

Of course this doesn't change the fact that no elf/man could ever overthrow even the weakest of the Vala, let alone the strongest. Thus Fingolfin is a n00b for challenging him in the first place :)

Anyway, I don't like the idea of Feanor being a silmaril hero (being dead and all :mellow:). Maybe one of his sons, cause I believe if Fingon (as an example) ever came upon a silmaril (don't ask how) he'd send it to Maedhros, to avoid further strife between the kindreds. Or perhaps Luthien/Thingol bearing the nauglamir?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#9 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

I guess that she'll drop a Silmaril when the feature is complete? With Fëanor as the Elven ring hero? Maybe Beren as the ring hero of Men, and... Morgoth as the Angband ring hero, though that's overpowering.

She already drops it, but the Silmaril heroes just aint finished yet.
But imo its quite hard to make fitting ring hero for Angband if it aint Melkor and I think that I remember Morgoth saying that this mod aint going to add Melkor as playable unit but I might be wrong about that tough.

#10 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:50 AM

Excuse my exageration. What I mean to say is that Morgoth was injured far more than he should have been considering his godly status. What I was trying to get at is that by no means was Morgoth the most powerful of the Valar any longer. An Elf was able to permanently injure him in single combat when really he should have destroyed Finglofin with absolute ease. In other words Fingolfin pwned Morgoth relatively speaking.

The other thing with having Morgoth as a "silmaril" hero is that he was a shameless coward and only actually ever took part in combat once...against Fingolfin...

Edited by Servant of Sauron, 08 May 2007 - 02:53 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

Anyway, I don't like the idea of Feanor being a silmaril hero (being dead and all :p). Maybe one of his sons, cause I believe if Fingon (as an example) ever came upon a silmaril (don't ask how) he'd send it to Maedhros, to avoid further strife between the kindreds. Or perhaps Luthien/Thingol bearing the nauglamir?

Well, I did once skin Fëanor for this mod. :p Probably will be used for the campaign though.

Thingol doesn't really suit the position, if I were to choose outside of Fëanor, I too would say Maedhros.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#12 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

I think Thingol would fit if the elves in question were just Sindar, but yeah you're right that he doesn't make sense in a faction with Maedhros (if he is in?)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#13 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

Feanor is greatest of all elves.

Ummmmmm, not so sure about that. Seems to me, he was the greatest craftsman, but not the greatest warrior or anything like that. Morgoth pretty much destroyed the idiot anyway. Ecthelion (from Gondolin) killed seven Balrogs, and then died killing Gothmog himslef (the lord of the balrogs)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

Not really sure abot Ecthelion killing seven Balrogs, but he did kill Gothmog.
Feanor was not the greatest warrior, true, but he was the greatest of the Noldor.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
"Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
>>Political Compass<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users