Cannot get skirmish 2.3 to work?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 JoeyBarton

JoeyBarton
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

hi guys. i cant get DC to recognise your new 2.3 skirmish mod :)

i install it the same way as ive installed your previous mods and i uninstall the previous version (2.2 in this case) as it recommends.

after i install your 2.3 mod, the icon shows up on the desktop, as it always does, but when it loads it just shows the standard Dawn Of War Engine 1.0 and all my army paint jobs are missing (because its in your ai-mod folder) I goto the activate game manager and there is nothing there? what is going wrong?? :sad:

when i re-install version 2.2 (which is what ive continued to play for now) it all goes back to normal...all my army paint work is back and i get all the options on the game options menu.

I am playing your mod with the DeadBodies Never leave mod but ive un-installed that and v2.3 still didnt work, as i expected, as the bodies never leave mod has never interfered with your mod before, im now out of ideas as to what it could be?? please help. :blink:

P.S - do i need some kind of mod manager to play your latest mod?? ;)

thx.

j.b

#2 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:55 PM

Check your DC folder for a file called WXPMod_DCMod.dll or WXPMod_DCMod3.dll and delete them. Further, if there's a file called AAAA*.module then delete it as well. They belong to Corsix replacement mod manager which is obsolete after patch 1.2 when Relic fixed their own mod manager. Hope that helps...

#3 JoeyBarton

JoeyBarton
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:51 PM

*****WARNING**** NOOB ALERT!!! ;)

LOL sorry guys i hadnt downloaded the latest patch!!! :blink:

That might have had somthing to do with it!! LOL

all works fine now. thx

J.B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users