•  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

mumak captain powers? hmmmm.

lvl 1 - Captain of Haradwaith - attack leadership
lvl 3 - Horn of Harad - boromir horn
lvl 4 - Mount Mumak - (starting on a mumak would be op imo.)
lvl 6 - Storms of Harad - the sucking power that angmar had in power tree and galadriel now has.
lvl 10 - Summon the charge - like flood, but with mumaks :xd:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#22 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

as 4 the harad captain name, i think it shuld b sumthin with u's and/or kh or gh combos (kinda lik the mongols: 'khanate', 'genghis', etc.)
u hav 2 base it off of what names we actually do have for easterlings: lik khamul, uldor, ulfang, and ulfast.

i also lik ergopad's idea of just translatin sum stuff into elvish.
also ergopad, that is all bc tolkien was a language professor, so most of it is a mishmash of rules and pronunciations from other languages.

Edited by Dalf32, 12 July 2007 - 08:47 PM.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

Yup, I know he was eager language professor. And certain finnish sentence was once voted for most beautiful sentence in the world if memory serves...

Agree with you with the naming thing. Definately Kh- or Ul- begining. Yes the mongolian alike name suits perfectly to mumak chief.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#24 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

Hm no, the Ul- names are more for the Easterlings - Khand and Rhun. Remember Uldor, Ulfang and Ulwarth - all were Easterlings. The Haradrim were nomadic people, living in the desert and with some jungles in the south-east. I think Tolkien put the inspiration from the North-African nomadic peoples.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#25 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

Hmmm... all interesting points. One question for Rob, though. How many heroes are you going to add to Evil Men. Because when you get down to it its not hard to think of ideas. Easterling Captain, Cosair Captain, Brigand Cheif, Variag Cheif, Mumak Cheif, Serpent Lord, Even a troll-man of Far Harad! One thing I would like to see for Evil Men is to make the units different from other factions. Right now they really just have two archer lvls, 2 lvls of calvary, 2 lvls of pikemen and swordsmen, similar to the build of other factions. Maybe a 2 unit horde of club wielding Troll-Men that are good against units but not buildings, raiders of Rhovanion who can torch buildings to excellent affect and have heavy armour but have little offense against units (siege type unit), commander chariot that gives leadership bonus. There is no end to the ideas we could come up with!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#26 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

As for Evil Men heroes, I was planning on starting with 2 nazguls, 2 blue wizards, black serpent, Mumakil Chief, Easterling Captain, & the low level thief hero.

It's all subject to change, but that's the starting point. The same for the units. I just pulled what I had available to put together the units. They are similar right now to other factions, though I hope that will change in 1.05.02 with the mini-factions being implemented. You'll pretty much choose a side, and all units/buildings etc will be at their current cost/times. The other side will then cost about 50% more than current. In the later game you can purchase a power that unites the two to lower all costs, but that will most likely be a 15pp power.

I'd like to get more units/heroes for EvilMen and mix it all up. I don't mind removing some units and adding others so all of these suggestions are very appreciated.

#27 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

I found a bug. I was Evil Men with a Medium Mordor ally, against a Medium Arnor and a Hard Gondor, the map was Harad.

I was in the southern point, I tried taking the southeast Inn, but I couldn't. The flag would go down, but it wouldn't go back up. I could only repair the Inn. The enemies could still retake the Inn, though, but if I tryed to retake it, it wouldn't work. I even tryed with the regular units (Haradrim Archers / Haradrim Lancers) but it wouldn't work.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#28 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:48 AM

Oops, for now I'll give Evil men the mordor flag so it will show. (You actually should capture the structure, you just don't have a flag).

I'm going to be doing new flags for Rohan, Arnor, & Evil Men so they have their unique flags.

#29 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

Arnor's banner carriers carry a banner with stars on it, I think.

Evil Men already have banners, I think a mix of Harad & Rhûn's symbols would be ok.

Those would be nice for those factions.

As for the Custom Heroes not being summonable for Evil Men and Rohan, perhaps you should really make them avaible to them and not to Angmar and Arnor.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#30 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

Yes, those are the basis of what I was going to do for the flag on the capture inns. It's just a matter of me getting to it :D

Yes, I will be changing it to Arnor and Angmar, but it will take a HUGE amount of work so its lower on the list :p

#31 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

as to names for the heroes,if you haven't decided on any, I suggest: Hakim, Einar, Airvhan, Ohlmin, Rhêden, Ormhmyst, Ahrmin

Underline: best for Easterling
Bold: best for Haradrim

Edited by Sword_of_the_North, 20 July 2007 - 12:04 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:46 PM

a while ago, someone suggested renaming evil men to something else, because evil men is... well, not really a good faction name. what about men of the east?

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#33 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:30 AM

I agree with Yodawarrior, that the Evil Men should be called Men of the East. It seems more...fitting to them.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:15 AM

cant use Hakim, i wont b able 2 tak it seriously. just bc its an actual nam that ppl that i no hav. i lik Rheden and Ohlmin.

i lik Men of the East a lot better than Evil Men, altho i dont hav a problem w/ Evil Men. its just that Men of the East has a certain ring to it, even better than Men of the West. just think we culd b callin them MotE!

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:22 AM

hmm... Good point Dalf32. nix on hakim, now that I think on it.
Men of the East does seem to have that certain ring to it.

PS> not the place to do this, but nice avatar.

Edited by Sword_of_the_North, 20 July 2007 - 06:25 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:54 AM

Althouogh men of the east sounds better, it wouldn't make sense considering half the faction is Haradrim... And that's men of the south, eh? What of Corrupted Men?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#37 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:01 PM

Corrupted Men sounds good, but Men of the East is more a generalization as to the direction in relation to the Free Races.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

But the Men of the East are only about 50% of the faction...

#39 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:19 PM

I don't think it's the fact that about 50% of the Faction are from the East, not to ignore your point, but the name Men of the East is a generalization of direction. Kind of like when we saythere are two countries to the east of us, even though one may be further south.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:23 PM

yeah, its kind of a counter to 'men of the west' If you look at middle earth, gondor and rohan aren't really west lol. but they are west of mordor. by the same token, the men of the east are east of their enemies and the good guys. Also, harad is in the southeast if you look at a map isnt it? I don't see why they wouldnt count as east...

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users