Questions on C&C3/KW modding - part 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CommanderJC

CommanderJC
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

I have more questions on modding C&C3 and maybe KW (if KW mod sdk is to be released).

1. It's possible for engineer units have a 3 sec delay when capturing enemy structures but not tech structures due to a glitch. Two mods did attempt this and worked. I bet no one has ever code that perfectly to enemy/neutral structures. Is there any way for engineers have a 3 sec delay on tech structures.

2. There is a mod that describes this feature: GDI APC "evacuate all" button now evacuates all infantry at the current location rather than employing a target location. How does this work by coding? Only one mod successfully did that.

3. Does anyone have a complete detail on how to make a new support power (or new unit upgrade ability) with a new support power portrait image (or unit upgrade image) just like how Tiberium Wars Advanced did? (ex. Power Signature Scan, Laser Guided Missile)

4. Is it possible for a C&C3 mod to build 4 factions or more? Few mods support more than 3 factions.

5. Which mod builder works best: EALA's buildmod.bat, Codecat's modified buildmod.bat, Killer's modbuilder executable, or the Bibber's buildmod.bat with manifest/mod crash fixes?

6. Does anyone or anywhere in any CNC forum have models, weapon models, and portrait icons that are free to download for now other than the Titan and the Shatterer?

7. Will RA3 models (if released as art packs) and special parameter codes work on C&C3/KW mod sdk?

8. Did EALA compromised either the KW mod sdk, the rest of C&C3 models, or the KW model art pack yet?

9. Last but not least and this is the other hardest question(s) yet, all involving the C&C3 Main Menu and all other menus:
- How can I change the color of the main menu from aqua blue to the Scrin color based with the numbers of hue, sat, lum, red, green and blue?
- Where I can find the images of the C&C3 logo that was shown in the main menu screen?
- What was the name(s) of the file(s) that has the Earth spinning around slowly and the moving text on the bottom of the main menu screen?
- Is it very difficult for the spinning Earth to change color? How was it done specifically?
- Combining the first 5 questions, can anyone describe in full detail how to make the entire menu screen's purple except the images?

Edit: I just found that some GOB files are readable in partial xml form, but the rest of them are encrypted. And I bet that no one has a program to hack the GOB files and decrypt/convert them into xml form. The GOB files are encrypted. For example, SteelTalonsWolverine.gob has some of the parameter codes shown:

Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()					
if Prev == "STATE_SelectedPose" then					
CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_SelectedToIdle")					
end					
if Prev == "STATE_stunned_flailing" then				
CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("STATE_stunned_landing")			
end
Prev = CurDrawablePrevAnimationState()			
if Prev == "STATE_bored" then					
CurDrawableSetTransitionAnimState("TRANS_IdleToSelected")	
end

Edited by CommanderJC, 24 October 2008 - 08:20 PM.

#2 Golan

Golan
  • Members
  • 120 posts
  •  Off-Duty

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

1. It's possible for engineer units have a 3 sec delay when capturing enemy structures but not tech structures due to a glitch. Two mods did attempt this and worked. I bet no one has ever code that perfectly to enemy/neutral structures. Is there any way for engineers have a 3 sec delay on tech structures.

The problem with the Thundermods Engineer Delay is that the neutral structures aren´t counted as hostile, thus the engineer doesn´t trigger its capture ability but just captures the building normally. There´s two possible ways that come to my mind, but I haven´t tested them:
1. You could remove the engineercontains from said neutral structures and give the Engineer a button to manually trigger his capture ability on a target. The AI might have a bit of a problem with this, though.
2. If you´re doing a total conversion and don´t use the existing specialpowers, use the Beamcannon ChargeDefenses SpecialPower for triggering the capture ability (using the ID of the ChargeDefenses SpecialPower while keeping the original EngineerDelay-Code intact should suffice). Point is, some specialpowers can also automatically be used against friendly targets, but it seems that this are directly linked to the SpecialPower´s ID.

2. There is a mod that describes this feature: GDI APC "evacuate all" button now evacuates all infantry at the current location rather than employing a target location. How does this work by coding? Only one mod successfully did that.

This is a pre-built command, all you have to do is add it to the LogicCommandSet of the APC:
<LogicCommandSet
		id="GDIAPCCommandSet">
	<Cmd>Command_StanceDrillDown</Cmd>
	<Cmd>Command_GDICallForTransportVehicle</Cmd>
	<Cmd>Command_Evacuate</Cmd>
	<Cmd>Command_APCMinefield</Cmd>
	<Cmd>Command_Stop</Cmd>
	<Cmd>Command_AttackMove</Cmd>
  </LogicCommandSet>

3. Does anyone have a complete detail on how to make a new support power (or new unit upgrade ability) with a new support power portrait image (or unit upgrade image) just like how Tiberium Wars Advanced did? (ex. Power Signature Scan, Laser Guided Missile)

Have a look at the Thundermods SpecialPower Samplemod, the files include comments that give you an example of what to change for both player and unit abilities. AFAIK there´s also some semi-complete answers to other users having asked this question, I´d suggest trying the search function here and at ProjectPerfectMod.

4. Is it possible for a C&C3 mod to build 4 factions or more? Few mods support more than 3 factions.

Yes, but there are some limitations to the new factions, mainly related to the UI.

5. Which mod builder works best: EALA's buildmod.bat, Codecat's modified buildmod.bat, Killer's modbuilder executable, or the Bibber's buildmod.bat with manifest/mod crash fixes?

I´m using a modified mix of CodeCat´s and Bibber´s bats, if you take a bit of time you can quickly understand how the bats work and reconfigure them to best suit your workflow. As a start, CodeCat´s buildmod is adequate though.

6. Does anyone or anywhere in any CNC forum have models, weapon models, and portrait icons that are free to download for now other than the Titan and the Shatterer?

The only ones I know of are Stygs MG Pitbull and... well, that´s actually it. IIRC there was also a model pack available with some custom models (like an Orca with a machine gun), but I can´t seem to find it.

7. Will RA3 models (if released as art packs) and special parameter codes work on C&C3/KW mod sdk?

Seeing that RA3 probably uses different shaders, the models will probably have to be slightly modified to be compatible with TW/KW.

8. Did EALA compromised either the KW mod sdk, the rest of C&C3 models, or the KW model art pack yet?

The KW art assets are supposed to be released sometimes but sadly we don´t know when exactly. I hope that the remaining TW models will be released too, but there was no answer to my calls on this issue.

Posted Image

#3 Mighty BOB!

Mighty BOB!

Deranged Weasel

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:00 AM

Changing some of the menu things are easier than others. For example a lot of the menu is just images sliced up and moved around. You can get those from the UI art packs EA released. The SDK documentation goes over editing the menus a little bit.

Now changing the Earth, well that's a pain in the ass. I would know, I was dumb enough to try. XD It worked, but it was super stressful.

Some of the harder stuff requires advanced knowledge of apt and flash file formats (also jonwil's extra tools).
WOL nick: migtybob

We are living in a post-common sense society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users