some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:04 AM

OOC:
Yay, zhars in charge, yeah, wooh.

((Hey, SWG, got an idea. You want the door on one side of the room that leads right into the same room? Throw a few into the Labyrinth. There's nothing saying that that can't happen....))

That was to be the final test of the labyrinth, its a door which inscription keep changing each time the labyrinth 'shifts', but i wont give to much away...

Anyway, uh, i think we are envisioning the labyrinth differently to each other... the way i imagined it each room was completely sealed off, except for the floor which seemed to just lead to a bottomless pit. So you cant shoot down at anyone, as we aren't below you...
(because if you can shoot down at people, then people could fly up, essentially 'cheating')

But im willing to make a compromise.
In the corners there are 'shaft rooms'(as in elevator shaft), which are these bottomless pit rooms, and if you look down you can only just see the next bridge below in the darkness.

Vit's doppelganger is on the bridge above ours, which we can also just make out. Anyway, most of the rooms are just completely square(no bottomless pit floor), except for the 'shaft rooms' in the four corners of this giant rubik's cube maze.
Infact, here's an image to show you what i mean
so the blue squares move all around, but the(red) shafts along the side only have bridges that move.
We have to get to the very middle of the maze, which is only open when the rooms are arranged in the right order.

Anyway, hope that helped show you what i mean...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

((Isn't there some Greek myth about a labyrinth with a ferocious minotaur in it?

Hence why I suggested the Labyrinth. Seeing as how we already have a minotaur, it'd be cooler to have a big cyclops with more than three arms. But, y'know, a suggestion is only that :p

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#3 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

OOC:
What if we run into an evil corrupted Minotaur?
Bigger, badder, meaner, and with red eyes and black ragged shaggy fur or something... looking really possessed and evil.

That could be cool...

VORT: If you guys want to discuss OOC stuff, you can feel free to make a topic for this outside the main storyline. I was kinda hoping this would be where the story takes place. :p

Posted Image

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

Here it shall be. I'm now going to go about my Adminly duties and rescue my storyline before you guys spam it up with inconsequential banter.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#5 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

Damn, my dastardly plans have been foiled!...

Posted Image

#6 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:55 PM

About time, Vort. I was wondering how long you'd last :p

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#7 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:43 AM

EDIT:moved & issue sorted via pm's... its all good now, but I'll still put it here as it contains relevant info on the exit

((firstly, i cant put this in the OOC thing or else no one will look.. i'll just move it after or whatever, sorry vort))
((The throne room is not in the maze, you cant walk through a wall into the throne room... and the only way to escape the maze is through the door in the 'middle room'... because if you can escape through phasing then others can escape that way... and this labyrinth is suppose to have only 1 exit, 1 way out.

Also, the labyrinth is physically in a different place to Maughold, we got transported magically to it when we walked in. The maze is buried deep inside an ancient ruin, which has been sealed off, so the only way in and out is through the magical doors which let us in[which is a one way thing] and out))

Posted Image

#8 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

Evil Minotaur? I'm game ;)

#9 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

Is anyone else confused out of their minds? And yes, I have been reading along.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#10 Guest_Guest_Vortigern_*_*

Guest_Guest_Vortigern_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it's all in a crazy order because I moved a load of posts out of the story and into here. We might as well just start again and assume we're all lost, because I am too. Last I heard there was a labyrinth or rooms that led into each other in a magic way. I don't know how the Minotaur got involved.

#11 Guest_Copaman_*

Guest_Copaman_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:05 PM

Yeah... Originally I wanted just a normal, infinitely high wall maze type-labyrinth with an evil Minotaur or something in it... but noooOOOooOOooOOOooOOO :p

Uhhh hows about we just skip to theh part where we get out of the labyrinth and find Vayu and Theria and Illyriel are done with their ordeal.

#12 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

I dont see how you are confused.

But I say we delete all posts in the maze and start up just before it. (and before vits doppleganger).
That way we can get rid of the stupid 'shaft rooms', which i didn't like to begin with, and have the vit story making more sense.
(we wouldn't just leave vit behind like that, as much as he keeps wanting us to, so instead i have a different idea on why we seemingly forget about him)

Vit is knocked out and burried under some rubble or something(from the demon). He emerges and we grab him and keep moving, what we dont know is that we grabbed a doppelganger, which was made while he was buried. So while we are off with his double, he is still lying under the rubble.

We then walk into the labyrinth (i still want the maze to be a giant rubiks cube, its so much cooler then just a normal maze), [and there are no 'shaft rooms' this time].
Just a series of square rooms(which all look exactly the same, and all have four doors, one in each wall, each door has inscription above it). The rooms like to rearrange themselves(like a rubiks cube), to confuse us and stop us from escaping.

We are then lost in the maze, trying to avoid traps which are in half the rooms, all the while vit's double can be trying to stop us from escaping, trying to trick us into going the wrong way.

At the 'end' of the rubik's cube maze, in the center room(the only room which doesn't move), there is an evil minotaur. We fight it, win, and then walk through the magical exit door to find ourselves just in another one of the maze rooms. We then find our way back again, and Zhar(or whoever) figures out the maze has to be in the right 'order' for the door to open out into Maughold, otherwise it will just lead into one of the other rooms.

We then escape and find ourselves back where we fought the demon, we then go through a different door and make our way around Maughold again, we find the real vit, who fights his double, we then keep going, find vayu, and win.

??? what do you think?
(and more importantly, do you understand what i mean, or are you just confused even more)

Posted Image

#13 Dauth

Dauth

Alcoholic Geoengineer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:33 AM

I understand what you're on about, however as someone playing a support character who does speech and deception, the 3 day (so far) slog through the Maughold is beginning to go stale. I can understand you want this to be tough, but I really don't want to wipe out 3 days of posts.

If I may make a suggestion: Someone (anyone in the party) picks up as we leave the maze and gives a brief summary of what we faced, how A saved B and how someone had a very close shave with a whirling blade at the groin.

{{From a GM PoV its a common problem, where someone has a cool idea and its not interpreted the same way in each player's head, generally the best thing is to move on with as little fuss as possible.}}

#14 Guest_Copaman_*

Guest_Copaman_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:44 AM

@ SWG: Still confused. I really don't get the Rubik's cube maze deal... in order for us to go up a level, there'd have to be a door on the ceiling... It just confuses the hell out of me.

Perhaps we could find the exit here soon? I'm with Dauth on this one: it's getting stale.

@ Vithar/Whomever: I'm half-picturing your doppelganger meets up with us during the fight with Vayu, and then switches to fight against us and real Vithar comes in and we can't tell which is which. And then you kill the doppelganger, saving the party from the overwhelming odds. Am I even slightly correct on that one?

====

I say we put it to a vote...

- We leave the labyrinth we're currently in, and skip to the big fight scene.
- We wipe the current labyrinth, open a time paradox, and return to the labyrinth with a few modifications
- We are trapped in the labyrinth for eternity, getting stale like the bread I've kept in my sister's closet since February of '05.

I cast mine for the first option.

#15 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:59 AM

First. I think just skipping to the end with someone giving a brief explanation would be best.

#16 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:00 AM

My vote goes with the first.

About the doppelganger: I have it planned that Vithar and the doppelganger meet while in the view of the main party. Doesn't matter where it happens. The doppelganger will go down quickly, something else I planned, despite that it's Vithar for all intents and purposes. As it is, Vithar doesn't have a bow any longer, but has a shield, whereas the doppelganger still has the bow and no shield. But, since the party hasn't seen Vithar, they wouldn't know, so they'll be confused/ angered at the illusionary Vithar. Shava and Zhar are the only two who might have a chance at seeing that the doppelganger isn't Vithar.

Hmm...hope that explains it...

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:00 AM

@ SWG: Still confused. I really don't get the Rubik's cube maze deal... in order for us to go up a level, there'd have to be a door on the ceiling... It just confuses the hell out of me.

no, because the rooms dont move exactly like a rubiks cube, they also move up and down as if the whole room is an elevator. like those puzzles that have one missing square and you can move them around.

basiccaly, the rooms can move around everywhere; up, down, left, right, forward, back.
So to get above you have to wait till the room moves up.
i was planning on finding the exit fairly soon, i just wanted to give vort and FZM enough time to do what they are doing before we get to Vayu.

and the whole idea of the traps was to spice it up a bit
(its a lot easier to understand if you have seen 'The Cube', which is basically the same idea, and like you said, there is doors in the floor and roof)

anyway, whatever, fast forward, i dont really care... the epic battle was suppose to be with the minotaur at the end, but you guys seem to impatient to wait for it, and also dont seem to want to actually post to keep the story going...

Posted Image

#18 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:20 AM

I'm game for whatever people want. I didn't care for the shaft rooms, but I'm alright with the cube labyrinth and everything else. It might be easier to just have a shifting maze of rooms without the cube, though, but I don't care.

The way I envison it, we're going to go through the rest of the labyrinth quickly and fight the evil minotaur (perhaps we fight the minotaur, and as it endures its dying moments, Zhar and Shava piece the way out from its mind), then we run into Vithar and the doppleganger. As the party is distracted, Vayu summons demons and casts spells and junk to kill us, and paladins rush in. This leaves Vithar and his clone to sort things out, while we try not to die. Meanwhile, Illyriel and Theria finish up their stuff, and come in and go all backstab-esque (with a good one-line burn) on Vayu, which ends his assault on the rest of us.

That okay? I'm going to make a post now where Shava senses the minotaur, but that doesn't necessitate an immediate encounter if you guys don't like my plan.

Posted Image

#19 Dauth

Dauth

Alcoholic Geoengineer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

anyway, whatever, fast forward, i dont really care... the epic battle was suppose to be with the minotaur at the end, but you guys seem to impatient to wait for it, and also dont seem to want to actually post to keep the story going...

I'd like to dispute this, the fight scene is not story, I want to see what Zhar wants from the Vayu and then would like to see more storyline, this puzzle solving stretches some characters but not the others, being trapped in a maze having to fight is hell for Thaos. Storyline is what is happening between the fights, tbh it should be fights between the storyline.

#20 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

Agreed. Tom isn't exactly a traps-and-maze type of guy, if you can't tell. Tom likes alcohol, women, and killing shit. Besides, it's tough to play out Tom's storyline as-is... Theria needs to get back soon.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users