976 replies to this topic

#21 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:30 AM

I want to see what Zhar wants from the Vayu and then would like to see more storyline

This is what character conversations are for :p
You could easily have Thaos ask Zhar about it, then i can type up a post of Zhar 'talking-and-walking' ending in us finding the exit door where the minotaur is, then falling for the trick before quickly finding our way back(via a skip forward in time deal) then escaping the maze completely.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

Right, I'm back on the ether, possibly temporarily, but for the moment is good enough. A few things:

1) The only reason we're still in this damned labyrinth is because I wasn't around to tell us to get the hell out of there. Let's move it on out, kids.

2) Theria and Illyriel are now sorted. We're back in the game.

3) Bear with me, because I'm about to go fix up the storyline something awesome. I hope. Epic-posting time!
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#23 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

Welcome back, Vort. If you're going to god-mod my fight into ending, don't make it pussy :( and also keep other characters out of it, please :grin:

#24 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

Try not to interfere with Vithar's business in the Maughold. he's still separate from the group at the moment and pending a personal message, if Ash says sure, then I'll be introducing them.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:07 AM

OOC: Yes, actually I do mind. Makes me wish I'd not joined...I HATE godmodding. I appreciate that for story 'flow' in a one-thread storyline it's pretty unavoidable, but I don't like being spoken for or acted for unless it's the sort of thing that you expect everyone to do in the situation (such as following if someone says "follow me.")

Edited by Ash, 25 December 2008 - 10:09 AM.

#26 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

OOC-POST - I'll move it when some people have replied. Sorry for gumming up the thread, Vort:

So, pardon me for being so blunt, but WTF just happened? I thought I was supposed to be liaisoning Ash in here with some kind of showdown-of-rivals-mexican-standoff type of deal. Was that not what Ash and I had agreed on in his character application thread?

@ Ash: People godmod me more often than the others. Part of it is I don't really mind, part of it is that Tom is relatively easy to godmod. He does spinny-flippy stabs and breaks up fights because they annoy him. He doesn't say much and says even less when he is speaking.

@ Ravnin: Since when is Tom into bimbos? Booze, yes - he's drinking away his past. Blood, yes - he slaughters like it's his job, because it was his job. But bimbos... unless Theria works in the red light district...

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#27 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

OCC Post

Argh....sink me sideways! Figures I'd overstep somewhere.

My apologies to everyone offended. I'm possibly the weakest here in terms of power. Especially since RP'ing is relatively new to me. I'll leave this to Vort to clear up. Again, this is largely because I'm new.

Sorry to seem like a martyr...but it's true, I'm brand new and this is my first RP. Truthfully.

Edited by Vithar Megilaglar, 25 December 2008 - 08:36 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

OOC: Right, new set of rules. Godmodding is not to be undertaken, unless in an extremely generic form such as everyone following or with brief comments without the express permission of the other parties. I appreciate that this might be a little irritating, but I'm going to offer the opportunity for you all to say "I don't care if you use my character as long as it fits with what I'm doing with him/her and where I'm going" or similar. But Ash does make a good point. Personally, I don't mind a bit of godmodding of Theria for purposes of story-flow, but if you do, say so.

P.S. I reserve the right to use people's characters for my own motives, as owner of the RP, though I won't do anything major without asking you first. I appreciate that you will almost certainly have your own ideas about your characters.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#29 Dauth

Dauth

Alcoholic Geoengineer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

Since we're setting down some ground rules about our characters, one thing regarding Thaos, he can fight, he can't take hits like a warrior and he's not scared to defend himself, he can just generally solve things without violence. So the part of him quivering, not accurate.

#30 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:40 AM

In that case, if you must use Vithar, he'll act calm and collected, and prefers to use mental powers over normal magic, although he prefers using his sword. He won't bakc down from a fight, unless he knows that he cannot win, and he generally listens to his superiors.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

As youve guessed I would prefer godmodding me to a minimum. Apart from anything else I'd only made one bloody post! It's not even as if you can get the feel for the character I want to portray, so I can't even justify from that perspective.

From now on, where possible, let me play Arngrim please :p

Will post tomorrow. Now I sleep. ;)

#32 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:53 AM

Sorry bout it. Though, I do know who Arngirm is, having played through Valkyrie Profile a few times. Great game.

Rethinking what I said about godmodding Vithar: couldn't really care less, just as long as it doesn't affect his personality or style of combat.

Edited by Vithar Megilaglar, 26 December 2008 - 12:55 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:22 AM

My bad :lol: didn't think me introducing you without almost killing-off a fellow character would be that big of a deal.

#34 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:23 AM

I think this is more me that you mike.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:00 AM

Heh, I wasn't planning on it going lethal in any case :lol:

#36 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

Well, what have we learned from this, kids? 1) Ash does not like people touching Arngrim (and, Vithar, even if you know the basis for the character, don't assume that means you know what Ash is intending for him. This is not, after all, Valkyrie Profile.) and 2) my liberal bias towards RPing, which I see more as collaborative storytelling, is not shared by all. Now let's all play nice. It is Christmas, after all. :lol:

#37 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

True. Still, I hold to the simple truth of this being my first RP that I ever played/ wrote in.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:03 AM

@ Ravnin: Since when is Tom into bimbos? Booze, yes - he's drinking away his past. Blood, yes - he slaughters like it's his job, because it was his job. But bimbos... unless Theria works in the red light district...

Tom likes alcohol, women, and killing shit.

Sorry, I interpreted this differently than you meant it to be, apparently. "Booze, bimbos, and blood" seemed pretty close to "alcohol, women, and killing shit"--basically all I did was make an alliteration out of it. But that's where I was coming from.

I don't mind if people godmod Shava, as long as they keep in mind that she's only two feet tall, is more effective against a single enemy, is at this time wary of overextending her power because her brush with death is still in the forefront of her mind, and no matter how well she can hide her emotions, still hates her lot in the world. As long as people leave the major stuff to me, I don't particularily care.

Edited by Ravnin IV, 28 December 2008 - 01:06 AM.

Posted Image

#39 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:49 AM

Sorry in advance for the double post.

How far away from the Maughold are we? Unless we're close, I'll be done with my super-gnome stuff for now. If we're close to the Maughold, then Kasav will track down Shava to try and bring her back to his group.

Posted Image

#40 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

We're 50-100 miles away, I'd have said. That's not the major issue, although it could well become a relevant point. Screw it, I'll introduce it now.

Mike has just PMd me a suggestion that, after we are done with this little town and the challenges it will soon present, we should split up for a while. That would indeed be quite handy for Shava to get back to her gnome friends, and Tom to sort out his whole kingship thing that he's got going, and Rom apparently has some stuff to attend to. I'm sure Nowe could find some forest to save somewhere in the meantime too. :crazed: What does everyone think? Should we take a pause from the main storyline to go do our own thing? You can all make some nice epic posts, and, in a couple of posts, I'll have given you a nice new enemy to face along the way. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users