thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

@Andrez64 - well I'd rather not re-open old wounds on DoW2: I've already made my points known a month before the full release when we found out what DoW2 truly entailed (which pretty much sums up the way the entire gaming industry is headed these days "lots of flash and glitter with no underlying true foundation or lastability"). Oh I'm not remotely pleased with the direction DoW2 went and my response was to vigorously release many MANY unreleased DoW1 mods and complete them to a "pro state" to which I am accomplishing. You will be VERY pleased with whats still coming for DoW1. Getting much done FAST!
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#22 Andrez64

Andrez64
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

@Andrez64 - well I'd rather not re-open old wounds on DoW2: I've already made my points known a month before the full release when we found out what DoW2 truly entailed (which pretty much sums up the way the entire gaming industry is headed these days "lots of flash and glitter with no underlying true foundation or lastability"). Oh I'm not remotely pleased with the direction DoW2 went and my response was to vigorously release many MANY unreleased DoW1 mods and complete them to a "pro state" to which I am accomplishing. You will be VERY pleased with whats still coming for DoW1. Getting much done FAST!

Thudo,
Yes I am very pleased to put it mildly. And I'm also very grateful for what you and your teams are doing.
I still revere Relic for giving us the DoW1 games (and the homeworld series). And with the superb skirmish AI, countless maps and other mods I can not imagine my interest in this game ever dying. Especially because there is no competition for it at all. Imagine what DoW2 could have been. Thinking of this missed chance makes me sick.

I'll stop myself. What is done is done and thanks to you and your people DoW1 will stay alive for a long time to come.

#23 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:22 PM

Yep and its only getting better for DoW1 in terms of new content and code functionality.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users