• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_Shacoi_*

Guest_Shacoi_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

well, if you have Windows 7 you need to do the following:

1) find your Zero Hour data map
2) right click the launcher (generals.exe)
3) select properties
4) click compatibility, it should be there (in a tab or under a button)
5) select windows XP/vista
6) play the game, problem still exists? then post again

Thank you for your answer. But can you tell me, where I can find Zero Hour data map?

About the compatibility - I had to set up Vista SP2 since I first tried to launch it because without it it didnt even started at all.

I should have said that in previous reply, so I am sorry.

The problem - unfortunately - still exists.

#82 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

:/ i ment the map CNC generals zero hour were the mods go into :good:
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#83 Guest_Shacoi_*

Guest_Shacoi_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

I am sorry but I still do not understand what should I do. Can you please give me more informations?

#84 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

do you know the .exe file with what you launch zero hour manually? it is in the zero hour file on your main drive. if you get tehre, you should rightclick on this file. then select properties. in this you should see something like compatibility or something that has to do with compatibility. after you found that tab or button (i dont use windows 7, XP for me :good:) you should be able to select that you want to open it with compatibility on. if that is possible, you should see a drop down menu in wich you can select different installations of windows. you should select windows XP or vista. those work the best. then you should try to open the file, if it doesnt work, sad. nothing changed. if it doesnt work, but the situation changed, post the change here. if it works, be happy :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#85 Guest_Shacoi_*

Guest_Shacoi_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Thank you again.

I did everything you wrote to the letter. I changed compatibility mode to XP (I had Vista until then). The situation did not change.

I got over the splash screen, then it displayed the message: You have encountered a serious error... bla bla... So in fact, nothing changed for me.

When I am trying to play game WITHOUT contra007, it works pretty nice.

So the situation stays the same... Any ideas?

#86 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

Hm. I dont know any other solution then. Sorry.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:43 AM

Check troubleshooting page on Contra website please. Solutions are all in there. If you can't find one or the one there doesn't work, then ask here.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#88 Guest_Shacoi_*

Guest_Shacoi_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:19 AM

Of course I checked all the solutions on the Troubleshooting page. And because there is no solution to my problem, I am posting here.

#89 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:36 AM

Of course I checked all the solutions on the Troubleshooting page. And because there is no solution to my problem, I am posting here.

There is the same question in this topic too if you look thoroughly.

Thank you again.

I did everything you wrote to the letter. I changed compatibility mode to XP (I had Vista until then). The situation did not change.

I got over the splash screen, then it displayed the message: You have encountered a serious error... bla bla... So in fact, nothing changed for me.

When I am trying to play game WITHOUT contra007, it works pretty nice.

So the situation stays the same... Any ideas?

The serious error could be caused by mod error. Possible solutions are....
- Uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it again.
- Check BIG files in ZH folder and check whether there is other mod in there or not.
- Customized Data folder inside ZH folder could cause error too.
- Installing it manually might work as well.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#90 Guest_Shacoi_*

Guest_Shacoi_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hello again.

I tried every possibilities you have provided to me.

Nothing helped. So I got angry, deleted the game and docs files linked to it and cleaned up my registry in Windows so no track left. Then I installed everything again. I felt hopeless because it still didnt work. So I tried to copy those files manually, three times it crashed and FOURTH try was succesfull!

I am soooo happy, but I dont know how could that be possible. Hope it will stay in playable form even after fifth try.

Thank you all for your help.

- Shacoi

#91 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:57 PM

well, im glad for you. problem solved ^_^
Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:36 PM

I have a music problem. The Ra and TD music packs doesn't work. I've had them placed on the ZH directory on each turn, that is when the Ra music didn't work I just removed it and placed the TD there instead, so as to not make the game confused of which one to use. So far, only the Funker Vogt pack worked, but only as game menu music.

#93 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:45 AM

It can be scripts problem. Check your "Zero Hour / Data / Scripts /" folder. It must not be SkirmishScripts.scb file there. Also check that you don't have any other mods installed. Their remainings can stay in Zero Hour folder or in "My Documents / Generals Zero Hour Data / ".

If it does not help, uninstall the game and delete both Zero Hour and "My Documents / Generals Zero Hour Data / " folders manualy. Install the game and install Contra then.

Edited by Creator, 28 December 2009 - 11:46 AM.

#94 Guest_Guest Xterminate_*

Guest_Guest Xterminate_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

Hia

Ive got a lil'problem my nuke, flame, & assault general are bugged so every time i choose one of them my zero hour crashes
I use TFD the english version i have windows vista
Please help me :(

#95 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:41 AM

I use TFD too and it does not crash. Read my previous message. This solution can help you too.

Edited by Creator, 13 January 2010 - 06:41 AM.

#96 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hello i just downloaded contra 007 and i am running command and conquer the first decade, i need some help getting started with contra, i have all the files downloaded into a new folder on my hard drive, and i have downloaded the fixed installer, but i still get the same message that the file Contra007.Big was not found

#97 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

you pick up all files inside what you downloaded, and dump it into the file where CNC ZH is installed. that is:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/EA%20Games/Command%20&%20Conquer%20The%20First%20Decade/Command%20&%20Conquer%28tm%29%20Generals%20Zero%20Hour

if you dumped all files, and removed the scripts, it should work.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 Guest_Guest_joe_*_*

Guest_Guest_joe_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

every time i try and play it i get a message saying i need directx 8.1 or higher and an up to date video card i have both and i dont get wots goin on someone please help

#99 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

You might try to reinstall direct-x 9c.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#100 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

every time i try and play it i get a message saying i need directx 8.1 or higher and an up to date video card i have both and i dont get wots goin on someone please help

My gf has the same problem when i play on hers pc zero hour. Its a video card bug. You need to enable full hardware acceleration and you need to set AGP speed at 0X, currently should be 8X if you use agp card. But after a half hour or hour of playing you will have graphic problems and you wont be able to play until pc recovers (which means relax, cools out).

Best solution is to buy new video card, i guess you use ATI RADEON.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users