2238 replies to this topic

#581 Eckirion

Eckirion
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Projects:Making sure not to stay dead forever
  •  UGM

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

Well it's awesome for me, I listen to JP musics everyday ( uh, not often ). There are actually some of their musics that somehow gets into your head. Personally, I'd rather listen to their music than listening to my local musics ( which mostly gives topic about romance ) or the new and trendy pop musics that most people listen ( I just don't get it, why would they listen to a music that somehow doesn't make sense ).

Making something-something... GREAT again... not again... MAKE it GREAT! :flameblast:

#582 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Okay, okay, so of course I like Moonlight Sonata (as probably most people who have heard it do), and a friend just introduced me to a brilliant version of it, which I expected to be terrible but was happily surprised by:

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#583 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:28 AM

Oh good actual lord... I just listened to that Karakomi Somotomi thing that you posted, Eck.  That is dreadful.  The Japanese once again ruin one of my senses.  I feel like they're not terrible at instrumental, but their understanding of lyrics is naturally attuned to that of a dying... anything.  But that 2nd one was alright.  And again, Moonlight Sonata doesn't fail to impress.  

On the theme of the Japanese ruining things, here is a moldy old'y from Zone of Enders.  Beyond the Bounds is an example of great instrumental sounds, but they are completely ruined by the incomprehensible white-noise of the lyrics.  

#584 Eckirion

Eckirion
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Projects:Making sure not to stay dead forever
  •  UGM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

One of my favorite video game theme song:

@Irene: Nice cover of Moonlight Sonata, that music reminds me a lot of Resident Evil.

@Pasidon:There are no lyrics for the two music I posted. I don't find it strange that there are some voice cut add-on on electric music, even my country has that kind of style although in a much more funny way.

Making something-something... GREAT again... not again... MAKE it GREAT! :flameblast:

#585 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

If that wasn't lyrics, then I have no idea what they were thinking.  It was just noise.  And yea, there's another one with an example of just coo-coo pajama lyrics that white-noise a perfectly good instrumental piece.  Even if I understood them, I don't think I would appreciate them.  I don't mind a song with lyrics that just straight up tell a story... that's basically what Protomen does.  But just saying kooky words that happen to match the rhythm don't appeal. 

If I had to guess your country, it would be Scandinavian-ish.  Most people here come form there anyway, so I can only assume.  Some of the northern European-style kooky lyric stuff can actually be pretty good.  Sabaton isn't a bad.  Screaming Viking men somehow work well when they're yelling lyrics at me.

#586 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

This guy.

Edited by OmegaBolt, 23 May 2015 - 08:27 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#587 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Pas, have you heard Babymetal? 

#588 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

Oh good lord... isn't that the group of Asians that dress like emo school girls and mix heavy metal with that nonsense lyrical stuff they do?  I don't like either genera, so I try and stay a tender galactic mile away from it.

And thank you for returning this topic to it's true nature, Bolt... which implies forming some sort of unnaturally radical cult dedicated to sending futuristic electrical noises from the 80's into people's unconscious psyches.  People back in the 80's made their wonderful electric musics because they teased that it was the sort of music that people from the future would be listening to.  Little did they know, that they were right.  The 80's is making a huge comeback in every sort of media.  Even games that you wouldn't expect.  The Forest, for example, has a muh' 80's soundtrack that all the kids dig.

#589 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

That soundtrack Pas... woah.

#590 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:58 AM

It's so good.  To be more accurate.. it's not the game's technical soundtrack.  These are just songs you can find around The Forest and play on a cassette player.  Which is amazing since they're amazing, but is also dumb since it draws the cannibals right to you.  Fun.  Here's my favorite of the current 5:

#591 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

I'm always here to give you people the gentle karate kick into exclusive stuff.  Here's a very "barely cool" leaked remix track for the Binding of Isaac Rebirth that will be featured in the upcoming expansion for the game.  Not bad.

#592 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

Slight overdose of 80s, although that last one really wasn't all. Whatever. To recover he's a song that's about as close to Ayreon as you're gonna get without being Ayreon.

Also this as a followup if you like that one.

Edited by OmegaBolt, 26 May 2015 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

#593 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

I like them so much, I'll raise the 80's stakes.

#594 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

Classic Drive.

I'll match you with a track from a concept album about ancient Atlanteans returning to Earth to judge Humanity. Shit hot stuff.

Posted Image

#595 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

It doesn't sound 100% 80's... but that doesn't stop it from being too cool for pool.  Pasidon like.  Not sure about the Chaplin riff in there, but I guess it was for symbolic fun.

I don't know why, but that sort of reminds me of an old song that I heard at a point in time by Arena.

And for you people getting sick of 80's stuff (LOL) here is something completely different.  It's really weird... but I think I enjoyed it.  I can't tell.  You tell me if I enjoyed it or not.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#596 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

As you all know, my race is Skeleton, but it's never easy finding things from your culture that appeal to our necromanic pallets.  Luckily, techno remixing has given us more options.

#597 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

Batman Returns... came out in 1992, and it still remains the best Batman movie.  And a great soundtrack as well.

Sounds good on the piano too.

#598 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:38 PM

MGS 5's demo, Ground Zeroes, had some crap voice acting... but they already gave a great soundtrack.  

#599 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

DAMN YOU. I was about to drop some MGSV music in this as a reply, and then I scroll down and see a MGSV song. Still, there are other good ones.

This one gave me some kick-ass MGS3 vibes, that bond-like but mixed in with even more trauma and regret. Just watched through a MGS4 playthrough too, so I finally am up to date on the plot.

Certain things are... overly dramatic and complicated, but overall it worked as an ending.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#600 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

Also this one:

They got someone with good musical ears working on these games.

I'm pondering if that movie they began working on ten years back should have been a GoT styled series instead, to get the necessary amount of time into it. A two hour movie trying to replicate any of the games would seem short to me.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users