73 replies to this topic

#61 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

Long-time, no speak. 

I also just want to add in that a playable war of the ring mode, with Robnkarla's divided middle-earth, would increase the mod's playability by a ton (I forget, can WOTR mode be played online?).  Right now if you do WOTR mode with his LWM, everything is played on the Near Harad map.  Of course this would mean that more maps need to be created but I think that this could be a reachable and worthwhile goal after we figure out what to do with the Mirkwood elves?

Edited by Scryer, 22 July 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

War of the ring supports 2-player multiplayer, yeah.  I doubt Mirkwood will happen, but if it does, I guess that's next up :p

Nice to see you around!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#63 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

A lot of the maps needed for WotR are already in RJ-mod. If a coder could put them into the Living World then I am sure other mappers could donate or make the missing maps for a complete WotR. Then one aspect of the mod would be finished enough for a community release. (Unlikely to be approved by RJ however.) ;p

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#64 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

A lot of the maps needed for WotR are already in RJ-mod. If a coder could put them into the Living World then I am sure other mappers could donate or make the missing maps for a complete WotR. Then one aspect of the mod would be finished enough for a community release. (Unlikely to be approved by RJ however.) ;p

Know of anyone that wants to code in the LWM?  I'd be down for trying my hand again at mapping. 

I think that a community "update" of some sort just to make WOTR mode fully functional would add some closure, and increase the longevity of the mod.  RJ-ROTWK still gets quite a bit of attention from what I see.  Maybe we should continue the discussion back in the beta forums or something?

Edited by Scryer, 23 July 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

I don't really see a need to keep stuff private.  I don't really know how hard LWM coding is now that rob's already created all the borders, and whatnot.  Could be as easy as replacing map names in a single file or way more complicated depending on how ea structured it.

Now that I think about it, Shikari also had a set of uruk skins that never saw the light of day.  I don't know if anyone other than he and rob had access to them, though.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#66 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

Are you talking about the Uruk-hai scout skins that Shikari had, Dev?

Back to the LWM idea, a place to start could be listing maps that we need to have done(?).  I can definitely get that done, and from there we can see what kind of a project that we're looking at. 

Edited by Scryer, 05 August 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

I'm gonna sneak a double post in to list off the maps.  On a VERY interesting note, Dagorlad is the only region that uses its actual map.  Like if you go into a real-time battle on this region, it loads the right map and you can play it without any crashing or whatever. 

So this is a list of maps that need to be created for RJ's LWM.  I based this list off of the maps that are currently in RJ-ROTWK.  I also suggested like 2 or 3 maps that could be revisited. 

Eriador:

Evendim Hills
*Carn Dum
Old Forest
Weather Hills
Trollshaws
Fords of Bruinen
Eregion
Carahdras
**Mines of Moria

Rohan:

**Edoras
Halifirien

Rhovanion:

Framsburg
***Northern Mirkwood
Eastern Wastes
Esgaroth
Halls of Thranduil
Old Ford of the Anduin
Field of Celebrant

Rhun:

Carnen
Orocarni Mountains
Vales of Celduin
Dorwinion

Gondor:

Southern Ithilien
*Pelargir
Lamedon
Andrast

Mordor:

Lithlad/Barad-hur

Harad:

Far Harad
Khand
****Umbar

*Could consider revisiting
**I think there may be skirmish versions of these maps somewhere.
***There are two different versions of Mirkwood... One's from BFME1, and the other is from BFME2 I believe(?).
****I'm sort of drumming up an Umbar map.  Trying to polish off an old idea.

Edited by Scryer, 06 August 2013 - 05:52 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, those, and also the entire dwarven faction was reskinned.  Did that make it into 1.06?

Anyway that's a lot of maps, but it should be relatively easy to fix the ones that are supposed to be there, yeah?

Also, check your pms.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#69 Eximius

Eximius
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Is it just me, or does this series of posts most recent look a lot like the start of a new beginning/continuation of the RJ-RotWK mod?

I personally believe you could do it. The combined effort of those who love this mod would be a great start. I know time is an issue. I've been around. But any time you feel like working on it, go for it. That's what I'd say. What do you think Rob would have wanted if he was gone this long? He probably would have wanted it to be continued permanently(or till he came back)- By someone else.The collective minds of the people who had been working on this mod besides rob should be able to progress with it very similar to what he had planned. You all knew him.

Anyway. That's my 2 cents. Keep up the modding guys, you're the best of the best. All of you.

P.S::

((If anyone would be willing to talk to me on xfire about mapping, i've been practicing a long long while, and i'd like to start putting my skills to the test, and bettering myself. Thanks! Xfire:galvinprime))

Edited by Eximius, 27 December 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#70 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

Hey, friend!  I appreciate the enthusiasm but I honestly know next to nothing about coding, and I'm pretty busy at university as well.  But I would extend you the same offer: if you ever feel like messing around with RJ and seeing what you can do with it, feel free!  If you manage anything cool we can even make an official release out of it.

Also, if you want to talk about mapping, pm me and we can chat about that.  I don't really use xfire anymore, though.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#71 Sauron-the-Deciever

Sauron-the-Deciever
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Projects:Bodies Stay Compilation

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

Yeah uhhh, guys? A friend of mine Trailhog250 has already done it xD

I gave him a few maps here and there, though. My question though, is to you guys: Would it be good to upload it (ModDB) or just keep it private, as it contains many many maps from other mappers, and I don't have RJ's permission to release it :p But I've retested it, it contains all maps and the AI is well.

Posted Image Posted Image
You cannot hide. I see you. There is no life in the void. Only death.
Posted Image Posted Image
No Man can kill me!

Posted Image

Ash Nazg Durbatuluk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul, Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk, Agh Burzum-ishi Krimpatul.

#72 Joey Schank

Joey Schank
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:51 AM

Has anything been heard? This mod is amazing,and I hope the new year brings a chance for the mod to be worked on. However, I understand that real life is important, but I hope if rob ever comes back, he sees how much his mod is loved.

#73 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

It's been total radio silence for years now. I don't think it'll be back.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#74 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Sort of on topic, does anyone know where can I find maps of Dorwinion, the Orocarni Mountains, the Eastern Wastes and the Vales of Celduin for RJ WOTR?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users