The Suggestion of Repblic of China

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon Prime

Dragon Prime
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:03 AM

As we know, the Republic of China is the very important power of WorldWar2,So I hope Mig Eater to make China in the Modification of D-Day.
Now I will give you the Infantry list and the Vehicle.

The Unit of China
Vehicle:
*FT-17 Light Tank:
37mm Cannon
*VerkersMKE battle tank:
47mm Cannon,7.9mm machine gun
*M4A4 Sherman Medium tank:
76mm Cannon,12.7mmMG AAGun
*VCL M1931 Amphibious Tank:
7.9mm HeavyMachineGun
*Sd Kfz 221 Assaulter:
7.92mm MG13 Machine Gun
*BA-6 Wheel Panzer:
Transport

Infantry:
*People's Revolution Army
the base army
*China Marine
they can swim
*China Cavalry
they are fast
*Enemy Rear Guerrilla
when they do not move they will invisible
*Volunteer Army
in the bad equipment,brave and cheap
*Artillery Trooper
the only way to anti enemy tank
*Female Cammando
the speciality of republic of china

Airpower:
*Curtiss Haw2 Fighter
you know that,the US fighter
*B-25 Bomber
you know that as well,Maybe you can use it just in airstrike :thumbsdownsmiley:

#2 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for registering & posting, I'll post a more detailed analysis of this subject later.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Dragon Prime

Dragon Prime
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

Thank you Mig,Maybe I can give the VXL from Chinese Mod Forums RedAlert DIY.

#4 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Thanks but I already have vxls of most of these units.

Edit:
I've complied a possible unit list for a Chinese side using the information I have here, for comparison the unit lists of the other sides are here.

As you can see there are some large gaps which would need to be filled in order to make a viable side. Also nearly all of the units listed where not made in China, the only ones make locally are the infantry weapons which are copies of European designs anyway. This is a problem for me as I prefer to use indigenous equipment for each side to make them as unique as possible, if I didn't most sides would be using Sherman tanks for everything. With that argument aside tho there still isn't enough units to form a working side so adding China to D-day isn't really a possibility.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

Also,note that China was split between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party(excluding the warlords),and the Kuomintang used mostly Allied stuff,whilst the Communist Party was using mostly Russian weaponry.Besides this,there was also a lot of old WW1 armament from the German Empire.

#6 Dragon Prime

Dragon Prime
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

the communist haven't use any russian weapon cuz they has no money to bought them,but when they kill the japs they can have japanese weapon.and mig you can make it as a spotlight in d-day that the player can touch various weapon from all the country.if you agree with my point,i will make national flag and cameo for you,even photo of kuomintang's president!

#7 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Sorry but I'm not adding China to D-day & I've already stated why.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

Look man I'm Chinese myself and even I know that China wouldn't be a good side from a gameplay point of view.

Yes I know China did lots of great things during WWII like the defence and so forth of the homeland but from a gameplay point of view they are using mainly out of date WW1 foreign made equipment.

Also yes China during that time was divided despite what Chinese media might tell you.

Like Mig Eater said he doesn't want every side using sherman tank and so China just isn't diverse enough.

Also Mig Eater is one of the best at making high quality graphics so he wouldn't need any help in this area.
Posted Image

#9 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

the communist haven't use any russian weapon cuz they has no money to bought them

Not quite:

http://en.wikipedia....vil_War_weapons

The Tokarev for example.

#10 Dragon Prime

Dragon Prime
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Alright mig. And to romanul,china bought russian after worldwar2,and they just use the weapon made their selfs...

#11 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Isn't the war in China called "the forgotten war" outside China?

Few know that the Japanese aggression started prior to WW2.

Some have heard of the Flying tigers, but when asked where they flew a large part of that group doesn't even know it was in China.

In the Pre-WW2 era the Spanish Civil War gets all the attention and China is forgotten.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#12 pointy

pointy
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Isn't the war in China called "the forgotten war" outside China?

Few know that the Japanese aggression started prior to WW2.

Some have heard of the Flying tigers, but when asked where they flew a large part of that group doesn't even know it was in China.

In the Pre-WW2 era the Spanish Civil War gets all the attention and China is forgotten.

Same with WW2. The European theater is always remembered the most (due to nameable locations) and the pacific is often forgotten.

But even info on the Spanish civil war is not highly publicized.

On china as a side : possibility of China being in missions?

#13 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:12 AM

I see scope for a mission or two, but certainly not as a playable side. I'm guessing Poland's only got an entry on the same grounds (or do we really get to charge lancers and pocket-sized tanks into a wave of Stuka's and HMG fire?)

Its think its a fair assumption that all the (7?) years Mig's been working on this he's considered every possibility for the playability of various sides, and if its just a few extra units for the sake of an extra mission it can wait, there's no reason that people wouldn't be able to write their own maps once D-Day's released.

If not including anything means I get to play it sooner, the better. I want my D-Day! :)

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#14 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:20 AM

Poland (& Hungary) are included in D-day as they have a few interesting units, they are only available via bonus crates tho :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts
  • Projects:Infamy!
  •  They've all got it infamy!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

Same with WW2. The European theater is always remembered the most (due to nameable locations) and the pacific is often forgotten.

I'm not so sure. Last year the French Prez forgot what happened. Maybe we should give Bénouville and Caen back to the Germans.
Posted Image
New Tutorial Online Now!! Check it out!!

#16 pointy

pointy
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

I'm not so sure. Last year the French Prez forgot what happened. Maybe we should give Bénouville and Caen back to the Germans.

Bah that's more idiotic French pride than anything. Still though, can't argue with taking tings away from them. :p

#17 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:19 AM

All you ever hear about down here is how Australia won the war through their brave retreat from Kokoda... A bit like how they won WWI in Gallipoli. At least the French are throwing their idiotic pride at successful operations?

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#18 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts
  • Projects:Infamy!
  •  They've all got it infamy!

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

That's really strange. I thought you guys would have been shouting a lot about the North African campaign. It was Aussie infantry that captured Bardia and Tobruk in '41, taking some 65,000 Italian POWs, then pushed on all the way to Benghazi.
Posted Image
New Tutorial Online Now!! Check it out!!

#19 Orac

Orac
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

Bah.. ANZACs. Not Aussies. New Zealanders too. Rather a lot of them, until Crete.
Uninteresting Signature.

#20 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

That reminds me I should make a vxl of the AC Sentinel :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users