Photo

A Muslim Reality Show

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...-title-reality/
:p

#2 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

There's a lot of these promotions of Islam as the 'Religion of Peace' going on around the World these days. In the UK they run a campaign "Inspired by Muhammed":

Posted Image

claiming their prophet to be the first to advocate, among other issues: social justice, women's rights, and protecting the environment!

All these campaigns could possibly have something to do with the following alarming acts perpetrated by evil infidels:

Islam, the fastest dying religion

part of the interview is available on youtube:

Edited by Námo, 28 June 2010 - 04:50 PM.

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

http://abcnews.go.co...?...4347&page=1

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

That Christian TV Show looks dull... even the Muslims can make better reality TV than the US...

We have no shouting or jumping.

:p

#5 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

I did a number of google searches using "number of christian bombings 2009" "number of muslim bombings 2009" and "number of religious bombings 2009"

Besides one wiki link listing various Christian terrorist groups and sporadic bombings over decades, EVERY other link was only about Muslims bombing people.

Unless Google has a hidden agenda against Muslims, it seems massively disproportionate. It appears your hatred for Christians supersedes all other things. It would be fair for me to then also include Hindu bombings against Muslims in India. But that takes the topic way off topic.

This one was a Muslim bashing thread. Feel free to start a Christian bashing thread though. I'm sure it'll be a very busy thread. :p

I wonder what the odds are of being killed by a Muslim terrorist vs a Christian terrorist? Do you think they would be anywhere near equal? Just curious of your opinion on that one.

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

Well, have you read your article? I'm pretty sure it wasn't about raising more extremists. Quite the opposite, in fact. I was just pointing out how Christians were doing the same dumb thing. I don't see why I would be trying to justify Islam that way. I dislike them equally.

Edited by Matias, 28 June 2010 - 03:37 PM.

#7 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

I wonder what the odds are of being killed by a muslim terrorist vs a christian terrorist? Do you think they would be anywhere near equal? Just curious on your opinion on that one.

Ireland.
1921-1998.
Christian terrorism is just as deplorable as Islamic terrorism.

Edited by Puppeteer, 28 June 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#8 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

Indeed, it's just the latter that is in fashion these days. Up next: satanist terrorists
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#9 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

The only major religion which I haven't heard terrorism from is Sikhism.
Oh, did my research - that's all 6.

#10 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

What Buddhist terrorists have there been? Or does that guy who set himself on fire count as a vandal?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#11 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#12 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

On Buddhism and Islam, interview with Buddhist lama (Kagyu tradition) Ole Nydahl:

THE BUDDHA MEETS HOLGER DANSKE

Almost all the harm inflicted upon Buddhism throughout history has been caused by Islam, says Ole Nydahl. He finds it embarrassing that Buddhists never defended themselves. Muslim extremists now threaten Buddhists with renewed violence.

#13 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

What Buddhist terrorists have there been? Or does that guy who set himself on fire count as a vandal?

http://en.wikipedia....he_Tokyo_subway

#14 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia....he_Tokyo_subway

The Sarin attack on the Tokyo subway, usually referred to in the Japanese media as the Subway Sarin Incident, was an act of domestic terrorism perpetrated by members of Aum Shinrikyo on March 20, 1995.

Aum Shinrikyo (currently known as Aleph) is a Japanese new religious movement. The group was founded by Shoko Asahara in 1984.
[...]
Aum Shinrikyo/Aleph is a composite belief system that incorporates Asahara's idiosyncratic interpretations of Yoga with facets of Buddhism and Christianity, and even the writings of Nostradamus.
In 1992 Asahara published a book, within which he declared himself "Christ," Japan's only fully enlightened master and the "Lamb of God." ... He also saw dark conspiracies everywhere promulgated by the Jews, Freemasons, the Dutch, the British Royal Family, and rival Japanese religions. ... He named the United States as The Beast from the Book of Revelation, predicting it would eventually attack Japan.

This cult has nothing to do with Buddhism, whatsoever. Sorry, but thanks for the research.

#15 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

Actually, wikipedia is misinformed - it is a Buddhist splinter sect. I was taught (briefly) about it by my RS teacher in Year 11. I only used wikipedia because it gave a good overview.
Even if it is diluted with the eclectic teachings of other religions/cults, aren't a lot of extremist sects? (Besides, you've seemed to gloss over "facets of Buddhism", even if wikipedia was undeniably accurate).

Edited by Puppeteer, 29 June 2010 - 08:24 PM.

#16 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

He also saw dark conspiracies everywhere promulgated by the Jews, Freemasons, the Dutch, the British Royal Family, and rival Japanese religions.

Wait..what? :p
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#17 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

Oranje Wazzup? :p

#18 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

There's a lot of these promotions of Islam as the 'Religion of Peace' going on around the World these days. In the UK they run a campaign "Inspired by Muhammed":

Posted Image

claiming their prophet to be the first to advocate, among other issues: social justice, women's rights, and protecting the environment!

Its probably interpretations of his teachings in the koran which are shared by main religions -

Jesus teachings for example

1. social justice - helping the sick, poor, downtrodden of society and emphasis on justice via legal means
2. women's right - treating women fairly and acknowledge how they support men in relationships and how men should respect women.
3. protecting the enviroment - adam and eve being "stewards" of the land and treating lifestock humanely.

Also the majority of "human rights" have been mentioned before in religious texts which are unchanged for the mainstream, original routes.

Also what is socially acceptable will change with history.

For example at one point in time young boys as sex slaves was considered a acceptable "norm" like feeding policital dissidents to animals.

Under attack, Christians fear militant Buddhism
http://www.tamilnet....=79&artid=20555

Seriously just learn how to Google, instead of making sweeping statements.

Also this whole scapegoat religion is getting boring.

Their is a major difference between different opinions and actions.

For example thinking about illegal activity and performing/promoting it.

Or for example your views on animal welfare and fire bombing a researcher's home.

In my personal case I do not believe in homosexuality for example as it serves no biological purpose but I'm not going to go on anti-gay march or beat up someone who is homosexual.

However I do disagree on homosexuals conceiving children because geneticially having children is impossible (its not like can't concieve due to weak sperm for example, its because a biological component is missing)

Removing religion won't stop killing/world problems. Only removing free will and emotions like desire and anger will.
Posted Image

#19 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:17 AM

In my personal case I do not believe in homosexuality for example as it serves no biological purpose

Beep beep, idiot alert.

#20 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

Maybe you should read my entire post before sounding like a troll or orc.

Belief, opinion, values its all the same term.

Also you haven't given any valid response.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users