#101 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:15 AM

We really need a atheistic passive-aggressive organization to lobby for our rights to feel offended by other peoples religious superstitions. Because I'm not going to hell for eating bacon :ninja:

If I'm going to hell the only reason would be on a vacation trip to see their zoo of lost souls. Now that would make for a great amusement park.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#102 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

The amusing bit? The Old Testament is at the same time the Jewish holy book, half of the Christian one and also forms a part of Islamic scripture. Hell, even the New Testament scrapes its way into Islam, though they're loath to admit it. Let's face it, all three worship the same damn God so they might as well just get over themselves.

And there's a nice passage - "And all the creatures of the earth shall be yours to eat". OK that could stop you eating seafood depending on your interpretation of the word 'earth', but either way it certainly doesn't preclude one from eating pork.

Me, I love a bacon butty.

#103 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

From Weazel Zippers: Muslim Student Offended by The Word ‘Ham” in Class

Posted Image

The parents of a Muslim boy who attends a secondary school in La Línea, Cádiz province, have reported their son’s teacher for an incident in the boy’s geography class which the child said caused him offence as a Muslim.

The teacher, with more than 20 years in the profession, was explaining to the class how the cold climate in Trevélez, Granada province, aided in the curing of the village’s most famous local product, jamón serrano. The boy told his teacher that hearing the word ‘ham’ in class was offensive to him because of his religion and asked his geography teacher to stop referring to the product which caused him offence.

El Mundo newspaper reports that the boy’s parents then reported the teacher to both the National Police and to the courts. It’s understood that an internal investigation is also underway by the education authority in Cádiz province.

Some hilarious remarks from the comments:

"Muslims are the most hypersensitive bunch of people. It’s no wonder Liberals are their defenders ..."

"It’s all about Control through brow beating and using the authorities and legal systems as tools. I don’t believe in beating kid’s. but this little shit head needs a trip to the wood shed.
The parents both need an ass kicking and then they need their asses deported. You have a person who is teaching history and they fight it, because they want to erase history and make their own like the Liberals."

Disclaimer: If any muslim should get offended by seeing a picture of the delicious Ham Serrano, just for your information: this was precisely the purpose of posting it.

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#104 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

JUSTICE SERVED IN AUSTRALIA TO LYING WHINING MUSLIM IN BURKA

... Another prime example of why a burka or niqab should not be allowed in an open face society. Check out this report:

#105 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

Playing the religion card in this sort of fashion should get you time in jail. And it was certainly a good example of why niqabs and the likes should be banned in western societies. If westerners can't walk around without them in Muslim countries(mostly), then why should we allow them to walk around with them here? Primarily though it is because of the security problems that you can get into, like the one we see here.

And that kid and his family better do a quick review of their situation. Secular society has seniority over irrational religion, one of the main problems in society today is the ridiculous power that religious followers have vs the word of law, which should always be the higher power on this earth.

Edited by duke_Qa, 21 December 2010 - 12:15 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#106 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

If that were in this country, I'd have locked her up for failing to provide a breath sample on request, and that lawyer (and her) should be locked up for trying to pervert the course of justice.

She won't serve a day of time - the appeal will see the conviction quashed and another unhappy precedent set. "Don't send her down for the sake of her seven children". Fuck off! You've done wrong and should be punished. Don't give me the bleeding-heart sob story.

#107 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

If the law agrees with the boy, total anarchy will ensue - you can then do pretty much anything in the name of a religion, and demand that others stop doing whatever stuff because it is offensive to your religion.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#108 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

:dry:

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#109 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

I wonder what'll happen to the English football scores in that case. We even have a club called West Ham United...

#110 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

I really look forward to the day we get the Aggressive Atheists Union. It's main job would be to lobby atheists viewpoints, AND aiding in lawsuits by religious people through insulted atheists that find the insulted religious person insulting. The motto would be "We find your apathic opinion of there being an after-life a cheap excuse to do shitty things while you are alive" or something shorter :p

#111 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

I most certainly do not look forward to that day.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#112 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

We have that. He's called Richard Dawkins and he is a massive tosser. As far as I'm concerned he can go in a giant sack with all the extremist Muslims, Christians, whoever, people who practice homeopathic medicine, faith healers, psychics and scientologists, and then everybody else gets to beat the sack with big sticks. Or simply stand by feeling smug that they're not in the sack, that's acceptable too.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#113 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:23 AM

Well I'm afraid that your optimistic views of humanity are optimistic. We will forever be offended and create interest-organizations to fight for us in proxy.

The people with little religious faith and moderate opinions are not very active in creating organizations primarily because they usually have very personal opinions on why they are moderate. To top if off they combine this with a "My views are totally original and invented by myself" attitude, which can be just as bad as any left/right/X fanatism.
Sometimes the best choice is to approve/support an organization even if they are not completely identical to your "totally original" philosophies, mainly because people of more brainwashed orientation has one and WILL use it.

Its a bit like not voting because you don't like any of the parties: If you don't vote you get what the others voted for.

you might wish for a sack to throw dinosaurs and fanatics into, but the truth is that it will never happen unless one get the power to throw them into it. That either involves sucking it up and starting new movements or finding a genie in a bottle and alter reality in a fantastical fashion :p

#114 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

#115 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

We have that. He's called Richard Dawkins and he is a massive tosser. As far as I'm concerned he can go in a giant sack with all the extremist Muslims, Christians, whoever, people who practice homeopathic medicine, faith healers, psychics and scientologists, and then everybody else gets to beat the sack with big sticks. Or simply stand by feeling smug that they're not in the sack, that's acceptable too.

Been watching Dara O'Briain, have we?

What about all those who say 'there's more to life than evidence'? :p

#116 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

He's a funny man with a very big head, and I like the way he thinks.

What about all those who say 'there's more to life than evidence'?

Get in the fuckin' sack.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#117 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

Because I have nothing better to do right now, here's an article for your enjoyment :p.

Edited by Soul, 23 December 2010 - 08:51 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#118 Imagine

Imagine
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

Man if I had it my way I'd ban all religion out in public because it only seems to cause more trouble than it fixes. Religion just seems to jam up common sense and has the power to make everyone look like a racist.
They say the future is only as predictable as the past..... Probably because they're the same thing.

#119 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

First there were the sharks, now it's vultures, what will be the next attack caused by Mossad ... swine flu?

Arutz Sheva 01/04/11: Vulture in Saudi Custody Suspected as Mossad Agent

Saudi Arabian security forces have captured a vulture that was carrying a global positioning satellite (GPS) transmitter and a ring etched with the words "Tel Aviv University." They suspect the bird of spying for Israel, Maariv-NRG reported Tuesday. The GPS and ring were connected to the bird as part of an long-term project by Israeli scientists that follows vultures' location and altitude for research purposes.

The arrest of the vulture - whose identification code is R65 - comes several weeks after an Egyptian official voiced the suspicion that a shark that attacked tourists off the Sinai shore was also acting on behalf of Mossad. The incidents may reflect a growing irrational hysteria among Arabs surrounding Israel's military prowess and the efficacy of its intelligence services, possibly fueled by the Stuxnet virus' success..

Maariv said that the R65 was caught near the home of a sheikh in the community of Hayel in Saudi Arabia. The words "Tel Aviv University" etched in English on a ring clasped to its leg, and especially the transmitter, caused the finders to suspect espionage and alert the security forces.

Ohad Hatzofe, bird ecologist for the Nature and Parks Authority, said that the vulture story has been making the rounds in Arabic internet sites, including Al-Jazeera forums and Arabic military forums. "The subject is receiving great publicity and it is important that Saudi authorities understand that it is not true. There is also an international treaty of nature protection professionals, that forbids doing things like this," he added.

The researchers said that seven vultures that were marked in Israel in the last few years reached Saudi Arabia. Transmissions from four of them have ceased and they are presumed dead. One vulture - beside R65 - is still alive and flying around Saudi Arabia, after spending the winter in Sudan.

Arutz Sheva 12/06/10: Egyptian Official Blames Mossad for Sinai Shark Attacks

Egypt's Governor of southern Sinai lays the blame for recent shark attacks on Israel's foreign intelligence agency, the Mossad. Southern Sinai Governor Abed Al-Fadij said: “We must not discount the possibility that Mossad threw the shark into the sea, in order to attack tourists who are having fun in Sharm al-Sheikh.”

"Mossad is trying to hurt Egyptian tourism in any way possible, and the shark is one way for it to realize its plan,” he explained.

#120 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

500 MODERATE PAKISTANI ISLAMIC SCHOLARS SAY DON’T MOURN SLAIN PUNJAB GOVERNOR OR ELSE ...

Yes, these are the ‘moderate’ Muslims and even they demand the death of those who want to circumvent sharia.

Five hundred Pakistani religious scholars have warned that anyone who expresses grief over the assassination of the Punjabi governor should suffer the same fate.

And what will cause further despair around the world is that the group, Jamaat-e-Ahl-e-Sunnat Pakistan, describe themselves as moderates.

In the past they have even dared criticise the Taliban.

Their pronouncement came as the funeral of Salman Taseer, the liberal politician shot dead by his own guard in Islamabad, took place today under heavy security.

The 66-year-old, a beacon for human rights campaigners, was slain for his opposition to blasphemy laws which call for the execution of those who insult Islam.

read more:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users