Photo

The Rhunics are very Chariot oriented

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: The Rhunics are very Chariot oriented

What Siege Weapon should be attached to Rhunic Siege-Chariots?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

The Easterlings in the books seem to be mostly a chariot force. They had "Chariots of Chieftains and Great Laden Wains". There are talks of them having a history of being chariot-based fighters. So I had some unit ideas.

One unit idea I had was to give the Battlewagon unit to the Rhun faction (since it was the Easterlings and not the Dwarves who had Battlewagons, in fact the Dwarves had no cavalry unit whatsoever), and replace the mini-me great beast with a large, white oxen, and give the thing the ability to have 2 Easterling Archers, 2 Easterling Pikemen, a mini-me Sauron Statue, or 2 Easterling Spearmen

A concept for the Charioteer unit that this mod adds to the game I had in mind was for it to be an Easterling swordsman that could be upgraded with a shield, a spear-shield combo, a bow, or a pike.

I had something totally unique for siege, and this was first developed for my new mod, Ring Wars (which btw adds Harad, Rohan, and Dale factions); its a wain that carries a shortened Ballista, which can toggle between bolts and large gold nuggets the size of catapult stones. I have made a poll if there are any alternatives you have in mind. And for wall-climbing they could use a wain that is closed on the top by a ladder, but tall, long, and wide enough to store a battalion of fifteen people. The player puts the men inside, and the horses draw the thing at high speed, and when it hits a castle wall, the ladder flies up like the screen half of a laptop and crashes into the wall, and the stored Easterlings rush up the back of it, with the back being open for more Easterlings and even Haradrim and Variags to scale this chariot device.

That is all I have to share today.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users