Admiral Jamoking
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  • Projects:Demise of the Empire, BSG at War
  •  *Insert witty comment here*
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:News Poster

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Mobius after his long absence posted some bad news on Moddb and Filefront three weeks ago (wish I had seen it sooner):

Hi guys, it's been a while now (10 months to be exact). I'll get straight to the point: I decided to take a break, due to school and sports taking up 95% of my time, but I never got around to working on the mod again. A few weeks ago, I was looking through my games and found EAW, at that point I felt terrible for having worked so hard on a mod for a year and a half only to forget about it and stop, so I decided to release the beta version I had released to my testers... thing is though when I looked through my computer neither of my copies of ETM were there.

Now at this point I'm devastated, all my work had disappeared, so I spent hours going through my hard-drives, and my external USB drives, but it wasn't there, all I had was a folder containing 3rd party resources such as models and textures from other modders. All the coding was gone, all the models i made, all the textures i edited, all the scripts, the audio files, the time i put into it was gone.

So if you all will forgive me, I will not be releasing this mod, unless by some twist of fate I stumble upon the files, at which point I will clean it up real quick and release a beta version, or if one of my testers appear ( can't even remember who my testers are) and send me a copy of the mod, but don't count on it.

I would like to thank EVERYONE for the support in this community, you guys kept me motivated and working even though I had no team, I learned from every single one of you, and I picked up skills in modding that are helping me out in real life (photoshop, 3ds max, coding, etc.)

Anyways, I'm out, probably won't hear from me much again, but I'll stop by in any case to check out the new mods coming up.. remember quality over quantity.

- Mob

So there's still a little hope, but not much. If you were a beta tester for this mod and still have the beta files please contact Mobius on Moddb or Filefront forums as it is where he posted this article. It would be great to see even a small part of this mod released.
Leader of the "Demise of the Empire," a mod for Empire at War: Forces of Corruption

#2 sarcronis

sarcronis
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

I gave it to him a long time ago, he hasn't done anything with it though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users