#1 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

Meanwhile, I made a prototype of how should look a hypotetic v3.0 of the C&C:R mod manager, with the objective of show only useful information & to be more user friendly than the old v2.4 stable release.
I still not decided how will be shipped this mod but if I choose a v3.0 of this software the mod installation must be more easy that now :lol:
Here is a comparison of the older & the "new" (as I said is only a UI design):
Posted Image

Edited by FS-21, 16 March 2011 - 10:34 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#2 nathancnc

nathancnc
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

From what I can see, this new version 3.0 will handle all ares updates.

That is what I was wondering, and I am happy that this is what it does.

So far, I love it.... and it seems like the best and easiest way to distribute the new mod.

Great Work!!!

#3 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

If your using Ares then I suggest using LaunchBase... conforming to new YR modding standards can only help improve the accessibility of your mod and overall the solidarity of the community. LB is a system that should have been in place a long time ago...

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

I'll not enumerate all the things that I don't like of Launch Base & the Creator tool.

As I said time ago I'm watching the development of Launch Base because I haven't selected yet a tool for this mod release... this topic is only a user interface demo of how should to be If I continue coding it (is very possible that finally I'll code it to refresh C# knowledge and to offer it as alternative if finally I choose Launch Base ^_^).

If instead of LB I choose this MM it should be packaged into a installer (with no Windows registry changes) that unzip in a RA2 subfolder

The objectives of this release should be:
- If is the first run It should check where was installed RA2 & if there is no data on Windows then fallback to the old behaviour (check if the mod mnager is located in the RA2 fodler or in a RA2 subfolder). As last resource you can set where is located RA2 in the options tab.
- Flexibility. It should allow to place the mod, game & launcher in different places in your computer/external drives.
- User friendly. Only show useful data for an user & look modern (personally, my last release of Mod manager release & the Launch Base looks designed for Win98).
- Reduce UI complexity. Less buttons -> less to learn. In addition, I could be wrong but with the current internet conection speeds I don't see the necesity to include an mod updater, only a notification with a link to it (I don't know for IExplorer 7/8/9 but the other web Browsers have basic & integrated download managers).

I'm open to opinions like the ones of OmegaBolt & nathancnc :lol:

EDIT: I uploaded the finished high fidelity prototype & only does the show/hide Log tab in options & the enable/disable mod action of the button (so is safe :p )

Attached Files

Edited by FS-21, 19 March 2011 - 12:05 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#5 assasing123

assasing123
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

wooo first! lol hola :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users