65 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Please post all your bugs here. Even if it was listed in a previous bug topic, please re-list it here so I will know it wasn't fixed in this release.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Leniad

Leniad
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

a quick bug i found that is REALLY BAD:
laser general's plasma generator provides 1,000,000 power, not 100
probably an easy fix but is so new, let my people play! (well at least download)
your scans show a large amount of defenses located around a chemical base. your scouts report a large amount of tanks are massing just outside your defenses range. your AT defenses prepare for a large battle. out of the fog of war comes a large fleet of zeppelins who drop acids onto the helpless men below. the acid eats the flesh and melts the steel. your AA cannot deal enough Damage to destroy all of them. once the defense are breached your base is helpless from the rain of bombs from the fleet of zeppelins.

note to you: build AA... LOTS OF AA

#3 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Well there also is the option for 1.000.000 starting moneyXD

I would guess that Plasma Generator bug is a leftover from internal testing, although I must say, it's a powerplant that should solve all your power problems so it's not that bad, or game breaking

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Leniad

Leniad
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

Well i guess it isnt game breaking but it does give a very big advantage to going plasma tech
another bug i think:

All of the USA generals radar trucks dishes don't spin. doesn't really matter but i liked the old look.
your scans show a large amount of defenses located around a chemical base. your scouts report a large amount of tanks are massing just outside your defenses range. your AT defenses prepare for a large battle. out of the fog of war comes a large fleet of zeppelins who drop acids onto the helpless men below. the acid eats the flesh and melts the steel. your AA cannot deal enough Damage to destroy all of them. once the defense are breached your base is helpless from the rain of bombs from the fleet of zeppelins.

note to you: build AA... LOTS OF AA

#5 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

a quick bug i found that is REALLY BAD:
laser general's plasma generator provides 1,000,000 power, not 100

It's intentional. (I'm sure!) It's meant to provide unlimited power (or a huge amount). That's one of the reasons you may choose plasma tech. TO power all your high energy units. But in terms of offensive weaponry, plasma tech weapons are short range... but high damage. So it balances. And it costs $16000. That's huge. More than 2 super weapons.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

The bug is the description, it should have said unlimited power.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#7 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

Research General's (who I still have as laser general in name) heavy microwave tank can kill the drivers of Robots general's mechs, which shouldn't be possible as he uses no driver.

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

Research General's (who I still have as laser general in name) heavy microwave tank can kill the drivers of Robots general's mechs, which shouldn't be possible as he uses no driver.

I'll double check the mechs... it's possible they might be effected by Neutron weapons or Jarmin Kell too. It's not critical enough to pull the file down, but I'll fix it and include it in the next version.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

Found a few bugs/descriptiveness errors.

1. The Heavy Ion artillery defense is still named "Plasma Artillery Defense"

2. When selecting (Mouse1 hold and drag) a group of Isis tank, (possibly 2 or more), the teleport icon comes up, even with out the required Generals point. However, when you click on it... they wont teleport!

3. When the Isis tanks teleport, they loose what ever veterancy they had. I.e. Going from Heroic back to normal when they teleport.

4. Plasma Generator; Already mentioned. Description error.

5. The Horus ion tanks overcharge description is wrong; it talks about Ion cannon rather than the tank.

6. I don't know if this was a bug, but something was making my Horus, Osiris and Anubis tanks cheaper to build...with odd pricing.

Horus= 5304 Osiris=4992 Anubis=3744
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#10 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

Oh, I'm not sure if this was removed completely, but promoted (level 2 and 3) units for research general don't repair themselves (They didn't in .75 either if I recall).

#11 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

If I remember correctly, I think it was removed across the board for all promoted units. Pend will clarify this!
Posted Image

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Horus= 5304 Osiris=4992 Anubis=3744

The prices were going up actually, Gravity and Shield techs raise the cost of every unit they effect by a percentage. Judging from the prices you posted you may have had both? An Osiris normally costs 3200.

I need to add that into the descriptions for the techs if it's not already there.

Oh, I'm not sure if this was removed completely, but promoted (level 2 and 3) units for research general don't repair themselves (They didn't in .75 either if I recall).

It disappeared a very long time ago in one of the earliest versions and I've never figured out why, but I do know it effects every factions and unit.

It doesn't bother me they don't self-repair, and being a universal change it's still balanced, I just wish I knew why it happened.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Well blow me sideways, I thought the prices went down!! I never really paid attention to the original pricing, I just assumed if it changed it would be a cheaper change, like the Oil Refinery does to all units.

And I didn't see anything in the Shield and Grav Descriptions. And yeah I had both. That round I had Grav, Ion, Shield and Plasma. A wicked Combination.
Posted Image

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

I'll fix the description.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

Isis battle tanks for research general didn't show the grav sled upgrade (I had taken microwave and particle techs before and plasma after). They were built after I got the gravity upgrade though. Also, those same tanks die if they disembark from a wormhole generator (from the weapon itself, I didn't test the other entrance because I was stupid enough to put it right on a war factory which it didn't quite kill).

The direct fire plasma gun defense says it's long range in the description....no it isn't (at least according to my force firing and the description of plasma weapons in general).

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

Isis battle tanks for research general didn't show the grav sled upgrade (I had taken microwave and particle techs before and plasma after). They were built after I got the gravity upgrade though. Also, those same tanks die if they disembark from a wormhole generator (from the weapon itself, I didn't test the other entrance because I was stupid enough to put it right on a war factory which it didn't quite kill).

I'll check on those tanks. One of my testers had a similar situation with one of the buggies, but we couldn't re-produce the problem.

The direct fire plasma gun defense says it's long range in the description....no it isn't (at least according to my force firing and the description of plasma weapons in general).

The description is a throw-back... the old Plasma defense was long range. I'll update the description.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

So I just played super-weapon vs. robot but I noticed the AI is really easy when he chooses macro and quite a bit more durable when he chooses micro. When he chooses macro the heavy mechs only leave their base when you attack them and the harvesters don't seem to harvest anything but dust.

Also when you are playing research gen and you select multiple of the lighter tanks (don't know their name) and you have gravity tech there is a button that appears wich says "gravity displacement". When you click it and select a spot it doesn't do anything. Also the button doesn't appear when you select just one tank.

#18 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Also the tank gen's advanced dozer still has the defence foundation instead of the new defence building menu

#19 dIIJAY

dIIJAY
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

I found a bug with the pyro general, after a few seconds, the vehicles wont move or just a few meters, than they stand there for a while before they start to drive a few meters again. Airunits and infantary doenst got this problem.

#20 ados

ados
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

Hi

Just had a game with a friend.i was assault he was research gen.now when my dozer's had built a certain amount of defense's(sorry didn't keep track of the exact number) a message came up on the dozer's defense command set that this up-grade had already been purchased so i couldn't get to the defense menu to build more.not a big deal as i could just build more dozer's but it happened each time with the new dozer's. i ended up with alot of dozer's sitting around the battle field doing nothing but making for great target practice for my friend.
As, gazing on each comic act / I stare at your perfection, / I find it hard to face the fact / That you're a mere projection.

H.P. Lovecraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users