Bug Reporting for Version 0.90

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, I'm 99% sure they've all been changed Creator since the last time you played.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#42 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

Bugs and suggestions list (mixed):

Global:
- White color (housecolor) is used for neutrals. Players must not use it.

Tank general:
- When carryall helicopters deliver Emperor tanks, they drop them from altitude and tanks receive small damage.
- Earth Shaker has new cameo, but old 3D model.
- Manticore has new cameo, but old 3D model.
- Group of 8 hackers needs Internet Center, but one hacker does not need it. It is not logical. Group of hackers is needed to make micro easier and nothing more. Why should it require Internet Center?
- AT Sniper Cannon has new cameo, but old 3D model.
- All tanks based on Overlord move tracks slowly, much slower than they move. So, tracks slide the terrain. Tracks speed can be calculated precisely using unit speed.
- Overlord Sniper Cannon addon has new cameo, but old model.
- LRM tank fires first missile at enemy before it elevates the launcher.
- Heavy Artillery has old non detailed tracks.
- HE MIRV has old non detailed tracks.
- HE MIRV missile does not hit target area precisely. Missile explodes before getting into the area all the time and just 1-2 bomblets hit the pointed circle.
- Chimera HE Mortar recoil is incorrect. The barrel shifts to wrong direction after shot.
- Emperor, Command tank and Heavy command tank do the same thing: they make propaganda effect. If you have different healing speed then next propaganda pulse cancels effect form - previous pulse. So, weak propaganda towers will override strong towers in 50% of cases and lower their effect.
- Magnetic Shrapnel artillery has blinking effect from explosion of its shells. It is because particles are created on ground level. By the way, the same bug was noticed for ECM bomb.
- Chimera falls under bridge when it gets upgraded on the bridge. By the way, this bug can be used for cheating. When tanks fall into water they move on the seabed and can attack enemy island.
- Heavy War Factory has wrong scaffolding animation. Scaffolds don't fit building shape.

Infantry general:
- Field armory has wrong scaffolding animation. Scaffolds don't fit building size and shape.
- Drop Strip has wrong scaffolding animation. Scaffolds don't fit building size and shape.
- Battle Helix has new cameo, but old model.
- Elite Barracks have fence hanging above ground.
- Drop Stripe has landing stripe hanging above ground.
- Spotter relay defense doesn't have shadow from its tower.
- It seems that Spotter relay defense is too powerful. It costs 1400 only and calls powerful artillery strikes with high rate. Recalculate it please.
- When I order Artillery target designator, Carryall comes and flies over drop stripe. It makes a circle and throws the vehicle from very high altitude without parachute. The same problem is with Neutron cannon.
- Wrong description for neutron shells. They unlock Neutron cannon and bomber, but don't upgrade Nuke cannon.
- Support Relay has wrong scaffolding animation. Scaffolds don't fit building size and shape.
- Cluster bombing relay launch button does not have countdown timer in description.
- Artillery support relay launch button does not have countdown timer in description.
- Cluster Mortar and Cluster MLRS allow to create minefields of incredible density for free. It is not good when players spam minefields like this:
Minefield-spam.jpg .
Possible solution: minefields deployed by units must be paid.

Nuke general:
- Airfield is too dark in game
- Reactive shells upgrade needs completely another cameo.
- Helix has new portrait, but old model and old build button.
- Retaliator deploy logic is weird: it deploys and turns towards target after deployment. Possible solution: AcceptableAimDelta = 180.
- Infantry training generals power effects all infantry, but veterancy levels are not displayed on build buttons.
- Mark bomber has completely wrong cameo.

Flame general:
- Artillery Barrage and Napalm missile barrage do the same. Why do you need equal general's powers?
- Napalm missile barrage leaves too large scorches.
- Thermire tank destroyer fires from the middle of its model.
- MISSING: OBJECT:ThermiteLRMTank
- Ka-70 has completely wrong cameo.
- Ka-70 does not have shadows from blades.
- Ka-70 speaks with USA pilot voice.
- Yanwang incendiary missiles don't explode. They disappear and fire appears in a second.
- Yanwang leaves wrong tracks on the ground.
- Yanwang thermite missile has too small explosion for a missile of such size.
- Dragon Tank leaves long dark lines when dropped from parachute (it is bug with shadows).

List of bad cameos:
- Tank bunker (tank general)
- Early tank general defenses (SRM launcher, Coil tower, Radar)
- Heavy war factory (tank general)
- SRM tanks (both small and big ones)
- Lightning tank
- Cameos for all overlord-based tanks you made using screenshots.
- Tieng-Mu cameo is especially disgusting.
- Magnetic Shrapnel artillery.
- Field armory (infantry general)
- Elite Baracks
- Dragon Trooper Squad.
- Airfield cameo (nuke general).
- Reteliator tank.
-All China drones.
- Isotope research lab
- Bertha
- Retrebution tank
- Thremite LRM tank.
- Scorched Earth Artillery Center
- Efreet tank.
- Phoenix Napalm stryker

List of bad models (they need to be remade completely):
- Tank general Carryall.
- Magnetic Shrapnel artillery
- Drop Stripe (infantry general)
- Mark bomber (infantry general)
- “Dragon's breath” bomber (infantry general)
- Su-47 Interceptor (nuke general)
- Su-47B (nuke general)
- It would be better to replace Smerch with new A-100 form Contra. Old model and cameo don't look good.
- Phoenix Napalm stryker

List of improvements for models:
- Lightning tanks (both big and small) need another turret. Hull and gun look normal, but turret is bad.
- Heavy SRM tank needs better superstructure between hull and turrets (textures with different scales look too bad).
- Heavy command tank needs better superstructure between hull and flags.
- Heavy artillery (tank general) needs better superstructure between hull and cannons.
- HE MIRV launcher (tank general) needs better superstructure between hull and missile.
- Tien-Mu gun texture has gray parts. They need to be reskinned and wires need smoothing (on the model).
- Tien-Mu needs another turret (but with the same gun).
- Su-37 skin does not fit China style. It must be without camouflage.
- Ka-70 skin does not fit China style. It must be without camouflage.
- MSP-4A has old non-detailed tracks.
- Thermite tank destroyer has old non-detailed tracks.
- Firefly has old non-detailed tracks.

Edited by Creator, 08 October 2011 - 08:35 AM.

#43 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

GLA. Bugs and suggestions list (mixed):

Toxin general:
- L-29 bombing. Scuds and Carpet bombing do the same thing. Why do you need 3 equal powers?
- Toxin general Airfield cameo is especially disgusting.
- Luna has new cameo, but old model.
- Stinger trooper dances a moondance when reloading.
- Zeppelins say “This is the Overlord tank”.
- Zeppelins don't have shadows from their propellers.
- Bombardment Zeppelin has incorrect attack animation. Bombs disappear from the model and get dropped from the center of the model. It would be better to fix firing point and make animation of reloading: one bottom bomb falls and others move down and everything repeats then.
- MISSING: OBJECT:FireCanisterArtillery
- I zoomed in Dreadnaught Zeppelin and saw unfinished texture on its guns.
- Toxin seeders explode to release poison cloud. They must do it without explosion.
- Toxin seeders create too many stationary poison fields. It slows the game and makes particle overflow.
- Super canister cannon shortcut button has wrong image.

Demo general:
- Mortar buggy has new cameo, but old model
- Rocket battery missiles fly too fast and leave too much smoke for such small missiles. They would look better with thin infantry missile trail and slower flight speed.
- Saboteur ambush and mass sabotage general's powers have identical launch buttons.
- Pitfall general's power cursor points small area, but demo traps appear very far beyond this area.
- Martyr's call super weapon has wrong command set. There is no launch button, but there are “Sell” and “Stop” buttons.
- Stinger biker requires Motorpool, which is not available for demo general.

Stealth general:
- Mortar technical muzzle flash appear in wrong position.
- Panic attack particles blink because they are created on ground level at zero altitude.
- Combat Drugs general's power crashes the game.
- Black Markets can be garrisoned with Arms Merchants, but thy don't have standard garrison buttons (sitplace button, exit button). Imho, it is better to remove China cluster mines from Black Market and put garrison buttons instead.
- Sand Wraith has new cameo, but old model.
- Gap generator upgrade is useless. It was tested in Contra and all players concluded that it was useless.
- Monument does not work. It counts down the timer, but nothing happens.
- Suicide technicals damage other suicide technicals on death and thus, they can not be used in groups. All other suicide units don't damage units of the same type.
- Suicide technicals are perfect rush unit and they are overpowered. They come to an enemy in 10 seconds after the game begins and level everything.

Assault general:
- F-106 “Prophet” has wrong portrait
- Mi-24 speaks with helix voice.
- Black Markets and Oil derricks are identical by their purpose. Why do you need 2 equal buildings with different 3d models?
- Scraped gattling tank tracks don't move.
- Will of the Faithful does not have a command set.
- The meaning of “Judgment Ammunition” general's power is incomprehensible. I did not find any “Jihad Cannon” in Assault general's arsenal.

List of bad cameos:
- Chemical Scud Shower (toxin general)
- Artillery, rocket and AA Scorpions. (toxin general)
- Chemical lab
- Chemical (acid) tank
- Purification plant.
- GLA Airfield.
- Field Radar (demo)
- Martyr's call super weapon (demo general)
- All alternate Technicals (stealth general)
- SAM Site (stealth general)
- Motor Pool
- All trailer artillery (assault general)
- Mi-24
- IL-102
- Oil derrick
- Oil refinery
- GLA Construction Dozer.

List of bad models (they need to be remade completely):
- Chemical (acid) tank
- Nuclear kamikaze truck (I made the replacement for it and I can share it with you).
- Mi-24
- IL-102

List of improvements for models:
- I reskinned L-29 long ago. Take a new skin and cameo.
- Zeppelin texture needs slight reworking. Eyes and mouth on the front look too bad.

PS: here are models I can share:

GLA Nuclear bomb truck.
Posted Image

L-29
Posted Image

Acid tank:
Posted Image

#44 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

- Monument does not work. It counts down the timer, but nothing happens.

I've used the monument before, and it's worked successfully. I can't recall if it has multiple things that it can do, but one is a rather major buff to all friendly units, and I've seen that work. Though it didn't do the buff every time it counted down, it did it multiple times in the same game.

- The meaning of “Judgment Ammunition” general's power is incomprehensible. I did not find any “Jihad Cannon” in Assault general's arsenal.

I think it's a "Jihad Siege Cannon" but it most certainly exists. It's a super heavy artillery tank that has rather short range...which probably should be increased.

#45 Guest_ulatt_*

Guest_ulatt_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

maybe someone had already reported this somewhere but i'd still like to mention this issue as it is very serious:

in multiplayer, if one of the players picks china infantry or china flame, the game will desync within the first 5 minutes (the boned by EA's shitty scripting error). it only happens with these 2 generals and it ALWAYS happens, we tested it.

#46 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

That's odd because I've played as China infantry and flame, and so have a few of my friends (all in network games, though all against the computer). I have encountered issues where there's a desync the first time you try a map with a set of generals, but overall that's EA's problem, and can't be fixed. And just doing the exact same set up again will run fine (until the inevitable desync RIGHT when you're about to win in an epic assault).

#47 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Some other bugs noticed:

Laser general.

- Osiris tank leaves long shadows from its missile pod. They are especially visible after antigravity upgrade.
- All vehicles based on CnC3 Pitbull have tank moving sounds.
- All vehicles based on CnC3 Predator tank have jumping shadows. They are especially visible after antigravity upgrade. (It is because of scaling)
- Teleport ability has too many bugs. Tank looses veterancy after teleport. Tank can stay in “hyperspace” when you make double click on destination point. Players can put it into hyperspace intentionally. It is invulnerable, fast and has good vision range. And hence, it is excellent recon unit. Players can teleport tanks into the middle of enemy building and let it stay there. When enemy damages the tank, he damages self building too. Moreover, teleport is overpowered because its range is unlimited and player can strike any enemy position. This is why it was removed from Contra. All these bugs are unfixable.

Cyber general.

- Skynet AI description. “Durrable”. Must be “Durable” (with one R).
- Labor drones wait too long in queue to unload in supply center. Money gaining speed can be too low because of this. You need to check maximum money gaining speed or just turn off the queue.
- Flak Spider. When you order it to Ctrl-Attack it fires at twice longer range. This feature can be used intentionally to destroy infantry at long ranges.
- Cannon Spider. When it fires, shells don't fly out from cannons. Their initial position is undefined. I noticed that it depends on turret rotation. Everything is ok is some positions and weird in anothers.
- War factory. Did you do something with its door? It blinks when I move the camera. I did not look into your code. But it can be because of copying door drawing module 2 times.
- HK-89 cannons don't have recoil when shooting.
- Mk-2 construction mech dances a moondance when moves backwards. It can be because of wrong locomotor. Forbid it to move backwards.
- HK-88 model gets highlighted when it fires. It looks bad. Remove highlighting.
- Flak Spider cannons don't have recoil when shooting.
- When Iron Man fires big cannons, small barrels recoil (wrong gun recoils).
- It would look much better for Iron Man to aim its guns up and down too.

Edited by Creator, 16 October 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#48 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Found another bug. Leonidas main gun projectile speed is too big. It can't hit nearby targets because the shell flies through them. Optimal shell speed must be about 600-800.

#49 Russia_<3

Russia_<3
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

why -.-

Edited by Russia_<3, 13 November 2011 - 03:11 PM.

#50 Guest_Matty_*

Guest_Matty_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

hey guys,
was playing remix, noticed that it kept crashing whenever the commanche rocket upgrade was purchased. may just have been my computer though... but you might want to check it out!

#51 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Sometimes randomly my buildings lock me out and I can't select them.

#52 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

I think that it is usual General problem. When it happens, press ESC to open main menu and click "Return to game". The problem will disappear.

Edited by Creator, 04 March 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#53 Guest_Tomeister_*

Guest_Tomeister_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

Thanks!

#54 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Sorry for double post, but last one was a guest so I can't edit it. When I play my sons over LAN, it says about ea's rubbish network after about 5 seconds and quits. What can I do to stop this?

#55 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

If it does that constantly, the best guess is because you have slightly different versions of the mod. I suggest reinstalling remix. If that is unsuccessful, you can try reinstalling Zero Hour (deleting all relevant folders after an installation) and installing remix again.

If it happens after some duration of playing, and only every so often, it's because of some issues that we'll try and deal with. Nothing that you can do about it really.

Oh, and apparently if you hit flame generals command center with a wormhole, and he has napalm missile barrage, the generals power has an instant recharge, and the command center never comes back in power. I haven't done this a second time, but it happened once. I'll look at it later though (when it's not finals week).

#56 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Okay, thanks. Could firewall affect it? It might not be a bug- but playing any aggressive army I get swarmed before I can build a defence!

Edited by Tomeister, 05 March 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#57 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

The AI is tooled up in remix. They're very difficult. Aggressive Tank General isn't too bad, and Demo I think always gets favor aggression, and for some reason doesn't escalate until he naturally gains rank (not sure on that), but that makes him very easy to play against, especially when bomb trucks destroy each other. Just get up a lot of gattling style gun defenses and something to deal with mortar buggies.

#58 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Okay, thanks. I found that Contra lags a lot less then remix On the same computer, do you know why? And also, is it actually possible to download slightly different versions of the mod?

#59 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Remix shouldn't have a problem as long as you have tournament mode on or are not playing the AI. Without tournament mode and against the AI, the map will be FILLED with buildings and units, which would cause lag.

And there's only the one beta version (0.9) for remix out at the moment.

#60 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

So how can I get mismatches from slightly different games? And passive au doesn't do much. Is this an error or just them bring 'passive' they just seem to not build defensive units of structures, and never build a building past their first tech centre/Internet centre level.

Edited by Tomeister, 07 March 2012 - 08:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users