small request

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nsinger998

nsinger998
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

is there anyway you can make the create a hero stuff stand alone for now? I love the mod but between trying to get the mod to realize my stuff is legit and not being able to play war of the ring mode...well, I think I can be patient for now. mostly, I just really want to use the fixes for the hero of gondor and his new armor pieces because they look cool and don't get messed up when I put him on a horse.

I understand that you obviously don't want the code all over the webs so PM me the details if that makes you guys more comfortable. Again, Awesome mod!

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

What exactly do you mean with the

trying to get the mod to realize my stuff is legit

Well the create-a-hero stuff should be extractable from the mod, but you would require at least some knowledge of BFME 2 modding and how the CAH system and how the RC Mod works...
Ridder Geel

#3 nsinger998

nsinger998
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

ah, for some reason the installation software for bfme2 and rcmod won't add entries to my registry. I was able to find a site that custom made a working registry file for bfme2 and that got that working. but I don't know the registry entries for rcmod or rotwk.

it is extractable? any tips you can give me will be appreciated.

#4 nsinger998

nsinger998
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

okay, I'm stumped. I added all the stuff that looked like it was related to create a heroes into the rotwk big files. oh, for the record I did backup everything. anyway, I keep gettng the following error: an upgrade module references upgrade_createahero_classarcher which is not an upgrade
error parsing field 'End' in block 'object' in file 'data\ini\object\createahero\createaheroaudio.inc', line 34
the above is repeated once.

error parsing ini block ' end' in file
\data\ini\object\createahero.ini'
then something about 7 addresses and various screw ups in game.dat

what should my next step be?

#5 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

That means that the module uses an upgrade which does not exist... meaning you would have to create the upgrade in upgrade.ini or you would have to change which upgrade it requires...
As for a registry, send me the details on your install location and serial (PM it there is no need to have that public) and i will make a registry file for you and send it back ;) Also give me the location of your bfme 2 installation location ;)
Ridder Geel

#6 nsinger998

nsinger998
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

That means that the module uses an upgrade which does not exist... meaning you would have to create the upgrade in upgrade.ini or you would have to change which upgrade it requires...
As for a registry, send me the details on your install location and serial (PM it there is no need to have that public) and i will make a registry file for you and send it back ;) Also give me the location of your bfme 2 installation location ;)

I figured that myself, But thankyou. :)
I've developed a good system of bringing things over. I'll send you the reg stuff shortly.

[edit: had the unofficial mod on. now I'm back on track]

Edited by nsinger998, 30 August 2011 - 12:36 AM.

#7 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

Okay i sent you the registry you should add to your registry... It should work...
Ridder Geel

#8 nsinger998

nsinger998
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

the game crashes saying "science_blight cannot be found, did you define it in science.ini?" then it lists the entry in commandbutton.ini that refered to blight. any idea what to do?

Edited by nsinger998, 30 August 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#9 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Either remove the commandbutton or add the science... It sounds like a ROTWK science... which we do not have :p
Ridder Geel

#10 nsinger998

nsinger998
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

I'm starting fresh on this project. do know what you did to make the hero of gondor's armor parts show up when mounted?

#11 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

I'm not sure i did anything specific, i somewhat rewrote the CAH system, removing obsolete upgrades, and using different ways of enabling/disabling things...
Ridder Geel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users