#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:32 PM

Ok, I've just started to (re)code an entire faction now... After days of reading and catching up by looking through the codes, updating tools and asking around for tips etc, I decided to go with Moria (wild) as my first project, since that's the faction I did the most work on myself, except Mordor. Thus I'm more likely to recognize codes and changes/additions. I remember that I thoroughly overhauled all their structures with unified textures and FX for buildups and idle states. So I'll start with the structures, move on to adding all units, then finally the heroes. When this is done, I'll (hopfully) have someone code all the hero powers and unit abilities (since I HATE that), and finish off with the faction's Spell Book :tongevil:

When all 9 factions are done like this, we move on to AI (which I will also require help with) and finish off with adding all of BFME1, BFME2 6 RotWK maps, polished and extended by NJM :crazed:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Generic stuff

- Map Scripts from skyboxes has been setup as well as all coding needed to start adding skyboxes into maps.

MORIA

- AI base (BSE map) has been updated and adjusted to fit SEE dc.

- All "lava based" structures has been given the same buildup FX (smoke/dust), levelups and bibs (ground textures) featuring 3 stages of hot lava filled cracks and various forms of stucture upgrades to differentiate level 1 from 2 and 3.

- Fissure has been "reworked" into a better looking concept featuring hot lava that cools down in 3 stages as well as smoke and steam FX. Fissure now acts like an underground armory manufacturing Scavenged Weapons, Scavengd Armor and siege equipment.

- Spider Pit has been adjusted with 3 stages of upgrades with small spiderlings (slave units) at level 3, protecting the pit.

- Treasure Trove is being converted into a bonus giving structure much like Gondor's marketplace. At level 3 a drake (slave unit) is protecting the structure.

- Wolf/Warg Den has been added, reskinned from RotWK.

- Wolf Riders has been added as light cavalry.

- Warg Riders has been added as heavy cavalry.

- Goblin Spearmen has replaced the now obsolete goblin pikemen with better anims.

- Hill Trolls from RotWK has been added as early game trolls.

- Cave Trolls are vastly expanded with new and adjusted animations and.

- Mountain Giants are reworked into Stone Giants and will be summons only from Spell Book.

- Spiderlings are removed and made into offspring of Shelob only.

- All goblin units, trolls and giants has been given the SEE Burning Death FX.

- Shelob has been given more powers and now feature the movie accurate Hero Webbing as well as Poison Stinger, Spiderling Offspring, Terror and Tunnel.

Edited by Nazgûl, 10 October 2011 - 12:59 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

Semi-skilled Mapper TBG here :p I'm ready to resume work for you whenever you need it Chris. :thumbsupsmiley:
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#3 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

Woot, good stuff Naz, behind ya 100%... and now I feel that itch to begin mapping again.

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:58 AM

I posted earlier, but the forum/site crashed...
Thanks TBG! =) NJM is the chief mapper though so I'm gonna let him decide if and when he might need some help. I have a wish though, and that is that a mapper will also set up the skyboxes. I think I can dig up how it's done, and worst cae scenario I can do it myself, but it is very time consuming sice I want all BFME1, BFME2 and RotWK maps, so I rather concentrate on coding and other things. I would assume that a good mapper is not only capable of assembling a beautiful and functional map, but also have an equally artistic eye for what kind of sky would fit in a particular map (day/night, clear/cloudy, dawn/sunset, sunny/rainy, etc). If not, I can help/decide what skytexture goes to what map. I made a bunch of them back in the days when I helped with RJ Cam.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

Greetings everyone :) So glad that SEE is rebuilding. U guys have my support!!!!
Thx ;)
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 ElessartheHigh

ElessartheHigh
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:03 PM

Congrats on the reborn ! :) I'm glad to see you won't let it unfinished . But did you say NINE factions ? I think you only release Evil Men :) .
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.[1]

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

- Gondor
- Rohan
- Lothlorien
- Erebor

- Mordor
- Isengard
- Moria
- Rhûn
- Harad

...and no, elves won't be split :sleep:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

Nice to see you're giving it another shot :)

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Thanks, after last night I'm almost calling it a third shot though...
I had the Fissure done, right after the Cave, and suddenly I got "greedy" and thought I'd save repo space by not adding the Fissure at once (like I did with the Cave) so moved on. Since everything had progressesed so smoothly (even though slooowly) I it was time to go for the fortress. THAT was a misstake (at this stage). Aparently here's where a lot of Sûl's AI coding is located. So besides the fact that a fortress ini is huuuge and that it refers to a series of other object inis that also would have to be adapted - they also refer to a lot of Sûl's new and exclusive (non EA) AI inis. So I had to mess with that too, and I ended up coding the fortress from about 10 pm (22) to 05 am. I had about 13-15 ini codes open in Notepad at the same time, and I couldn't stop in the midst of things. And the more I got done (converted), the more codes showed up that needed further coding and adapting to fit this new setup (where for instance the "M_" macro is no longer used. I got to the SEE made walls for moria, since the fortress reference to them, and that opened up another can of XX number of inis that needed adapting *sighs* At this our I was beat so I got lost. And now the game crashes cause of a never ending stream of missing references :wacko:

In other words, I have to roll back to when only the Cave was updated and I was about to start with the Fissure. :xcahik_: This time I will update after each successful step. The problem with fortresses is that all connected and affected inis will have to be fully adapted for the game to run, and there are a LOT of them. I'll try again... but this should give you an idea of why this project will probably take a very very very long time...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts
  •  Do not force yourself into modding it's bad for your health.

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

Made the same mistake coding 4.7 Naz, I forgot to update the repo and lost lots of work. :thumbsdownsmiley:

#11 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

Just keep on going, you will get there eventually! :thumbsupsmiley:
Perhaps i can take a look at the fortresses for you later, seeing the fact that you do not seem to like their "huge" codes? :p

@RB if you do it right, and start the game every few changes... Or whatever, it should be easy to do things without having to update the repo... :p And you should be quicker to spot the problems... Or you can of course ask me to check it out for you :p

Edited by Ridder Geel, 11 September 2011 - 10:28 AM.

Ridder Geel

#12 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

You didnt know what happened either.... but lets stay on topic.

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

got the fortress in... struggling with the AI now... :wacko:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hey.... Thought you were gonna wait on AI until after all the buildings and units make it in? Anyways glad to see this is moving forward. Let me know when you think a faction is complete enough that I can update my version - I needs to play with SEE to keep my motivation going precioussssss.

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

I though so too, but the AI is so intangled with the fortress ini that I HAVE to adapt it too. Otherwise it would be several loose ends everywhere to go back to later. So there's no escape, I have to do the AI too... at least for the fortresses :omg:

However, as of a few minutes ago, I finally got it working. Moria fortress and its AI base is now updated to 4.7 status and the game runs. I just checked how the AI built an entire Moria base according to my directions in the generic BSE map and the AI build plot coding adaptations from Sûl's old codes. Everything is built 100% correct, except those structures I havent gotten to yet (Troll Drum, new Warg Pit, etc).

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Well that makes sense, I always figure if your doing something outside of the initial plan - its a necessary evil.

Awesome - looking forward to messing with Moria. Gonna need to refresh myself on using the repo again..... a little side note Ive got some texturing done on Bree and another new map in the pipeline - a location Ive wanted to do for a long time. :)

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Sounds good!

yeah the repo is a friggin pain in the neck. As soon as I change somethin in my file structure, hell breaks loose. Atm, I'm on my 5th try in trying to add all the old SEE assets (art)...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

sounds like a drag. But worth it! Posted Image

p.s: Who is the main coder now? Other then you.

Edited by Dragon Rider, 12 September 2011 - 02:31 AM.

#19 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:02 AM

Nazgûl is the Head Coder for SEE, but me and someone else will be doing some supportive coding where Nazgûl requires it.

#20 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

I'm not sure where my place exactly is in all this, so you would have to ask Nazgul :p
Ridder Geel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users