12 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

We're trying to pin down the sources of all the mismatches and crashes. I've made a simple report format you can copy/paste for your mismatch/crash reports.

Please keep this on topic. I only need the reports here. if you want to comment or discus crashes please use the Bug Reporting topic or the suggestions topic.

Format for Error Reports:

Error Type:
Player Armies:
AI Armies:
Last Escalation Reached:
Game Duration:
Connection Type:
Brief Description of the Battle:

An example Mismatch report:

Error Type: Mismatch
Player Armies: AirF, Infa
AI Armies: Aggressive Cybr(Micro), Aggressive Demo
Last Escalation Reached: Tactical
Game Duration: 5 minutes
Connection Type: LAN
Brief Description of the Battle: We had just started a new Comp-Stomp and the game mismatched while moving a horde of infantry in the early game.

An example Crash Report:

Error Type: Crash
Player Armies:AirF, Chem
AI Armies: Aggressive Robot(micro)
Last Escalation Reached:Global
Game Duration:30 minutes
Connection Type: LAN
Brief Description of the Battle:Playing Comp-Stomp. Game crashed to desktop while acid bombing the Robot base.

Edited by Pendaelose, 20 October 2011 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Guest_Dimension52_*

Guest_Dimension52_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Player Armies: Cyber (Macro), Nuclear
AI Armies: None
Last Escalation Reached: Global
Game Duration: 20 Minutes
Connection Type: VPN
Brief Description of the Battle: Had just finished making the Leonidas mobile fortress (game has had a mismatch every time I've made it)

#3 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Player Armies: 2 x infantry
AI Armies: 2 x cyber (micro)
Last Escalation Reached: T0
Game Duration: 5 minutes
Connection Type: Internet
Brief Description of the Battle: Game mismatched when the drones got to my defenses (3 bunkers worth of minigunners and tank hunters plus 2 gattling cannons). They had a mix of drones all from the barracks with support from a few drone controllers.

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 15 February 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#4 Guest_Fumbles00_*

Guest_Fumbles00_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

Release Crash at Sun Jan 15 13:09:17 2012
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\assaultgeneral.ini' (Line: 'Object Aslt_GLAInfantryRebel_core ')

Last error:

Current stack:
-----------------------------
This is the error I get when trying to launch zero hour With the mod installed. I keep getting the "Technical difficulties - You have encountered a serious error" message and the above report is what is generated.

#5 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

You shouldn't be getting that error. Was Zero Hour patched to 1.04 before you installed the mod? Are all the files in the correct location (.csf in English folder, SkirmishScripts.scb in the scripts folder, everything else in the Zero Hour folder)?

Also I'd like to offer a suggestion that probably has no basis other than in concept: Try playing network games with uncapped FPS checked. My reasoning is that mismatches seem to be caused when one player is too far from the others (Meaning if you put all the computers that are playing a network game side by side, one of them will be showing the game a few seconds behind the other). I feel like, with uncapped FPS, that computer could potentially catch up to the others by having a few seconds of sped up gameplay. On the other hand, I'm not sure if that option has any affect outside of skirmish where you can manually set the FPS of the game.

Although interestingly, I managed to get to something like an hour into a match playing as micro robotics with a tank ally against 5 insane demo generals. A lot of drones and a lot of infantry.

#6 SEX^^PAWELPM7

SEX^^PAWELPM7
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

CRASH i play chemical gen and use acid shower drop power

Release Crash at Tue Aug 28 00:00:21 2012
; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update

Last error:
Exception is access violation
WinMain at 401720
Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address:00000000 was read from.

Stack Dump:
<Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x005615A1

Details:
Register dump...
Eip:005615A1 Esp:0012F928 Ebp:000003B7
Eax:00000000 Ebx:00000000 Ecx:12F0F46C
Edx:14A58240 Esi:14A58240 Edi:00000000
EFlags:00010202
CS:001b SS:0023 DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003b GS:0000
EIP bytes dump...

Bytes at CS:EIP (005615A1) : 8B 30 45 3B F7 74 05 8B 76 0C EB 02 33 F6 83 60 2C DF 89 38 89 78 04 8A 42 06 8A C8 80 E1 0F 80

Current stack:

Edited by SEX^^PAWELPM7, 27 August 2012 - 10:14 PM.

Posted Image

#7 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

That's...odd.

That's the crash report found in your Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data folder right?

Can you run it again and see if it crashes again? Were you using the scud shower generals power after the acid upgrade? Did you have the acid warhead upgrade? Inflammable acids? Silicon Acids? Did it crash when you launched the power? When it hit? I don't think this is related to the mod (especially since I've not gotten such a crash despite having chem gen played a lot), and is rather related to your computer, and may be an intermittent issue caused by too much running at once. If it happens again let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Also, have you ever gotten such an error playing without the mod (or with a different mod)?
Also also, what operating system are you on (win 7 I assume) and are you using zero hour or The First Decade?

Okay, so it is related to the mod, since I just got the same error (different place and different problem, but that means it should exist with the ini files), so I'll take a look.

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 28 August 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#8 SEX^^PAWELPM7

SEX^^PAWELPM7
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

my pc is new win 7
maybe crash are random it just hapen in contra 007 to but less
i have crash again but now i play online and make 50 tanks with shield uprage then game crash
my version of zero hour is torrent version dawnloaded from torrents
l cennot play remix on my orginal zero hour because that version is not english and i have missing pictures like that

Posted Image

Edited by SEX^^PAWELPM7, 28 August 2012 - 05:17 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

didn't you say that it works now?

did you Copy "Generals.csf" into your /Data/English folder?
if you don't have an English folder,create one(don't know if it will work)

OK it work now

also check here:http://forums.revora...remix-installs/

Edited by Thats me!, 28 August 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#10 Guest_ali_*

Guest_ali_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

thnxxxxxxxxx

#11 Dr.GordonFreeman

Dr.GordonFreeman
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Projects:wheatly
  •  Because I'm the clever old Wheatley And you're not going nowhere...

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:13 AM

Greetings good people, I want to ask you something about Zero Hour Generals ,more precisely, it is about Remix Beta0.90.1 Public , mod Remix Beta 0.90.1 Public, nice and works perfectly, but there is one small problem. During the game, on any map was on the official maps or Unofical maps, one of the enemy to put GLA, USA , China > They do not build, do not make the defense do not make tanks, helicopters, planes,do not make your army to attack the real super weapons such as nuclear missiles silo,scud storm particle canon or somtig elese...

Why I would ask you, what am I supposed to change in the files that I was going on, that's not really happening? I noticed with my own eyes saw the computer on you making regular barracks and a regular infantry.
Do I have somewhere in your mod files somewhere or do something your change? Please tell me,what exactly am I supposed to do to a computer (the enemy) continues to build ?And the right of defense and tanks, a strong army, and so on, and if I leave it computer very heavy that is non-attitudes to be more easily bet to be hard computer.

So you ask for this help, many thanks in advance! Our
GeneralTowness

http://www.moddb.com/members/generaltowness

1gordon.png

#12 123nick

123nick
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

Greetings good people, I want to ask you something about Zero Hour Generals ,more precisely, it is about Remix Beta0.90.1 Public , mod Remix Beta 0.90.1 Public, nice and works perfectly, but there is one small problem. During the game, on any map was on the official maps or Unofical maps, one of the enemy to put GLA, USA , China > They do not build, do not make the defense do not make tanks, helicopters, planes,do not make your army to attack the real super weapons such as nuclear missiles silo,scud storm particle canon or somtig elese...

Why I would ask you, what am I supposed to change in the files that I was going on, that's not really happening? I noticed with my own eyes saw the computer on you making regular barracks and a regular infantry.
Do I have somewhere in your mod files somewhere or do something your change? Please tell me,what exactly am I supposed to do to a computer (the enemy) continues to build ?And the right of defense and tanks, a strong army, and so on, and if I leave it computer very heavy that is non-attitudes to be more easily bet to be hard computer.

GeneralTowness

this: https://forums.revor...remix-installs/ might help

#13 Dr.GordonFreeman

Dr.GordonFreeman
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Projects:wheatly
  •  Because I'm the clever old Wheatley And you're not going nowhere...

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

GeneralTowness

this: https://forums.revor...remix-installs/ might help

Big tnx

123nick

1gordon.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users