2 replies to this topic

#1 VectorIV

VectorIV
  • Hosted
  • 27 posts
  • Projects:C&C Generals Zero Hour : Enhanced

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

You have TFD
-There's been no results yet because no one volunteer to do so.
-To do so, simply send me your content from "ReleaseCrashInfo.txt" (In My Document folder) and "wb_DebugLogFileI.txt" (In game folder) through PM

Your game isn't ver 1.04
-With mismatch version of the game can cause technical difficulties in the game engine such as .ini conflicts
-To solve this, install patch ver 1.04

You do not have a "Clean Install"
-With unclean install can cause technical difficulties in the game such as .ini conflict from different mods
-To solve this, do the following:

• Remove your ZH from uninstaller or add/remove program in CP
  • Delete your leftover ZH folder then empty the recycle bin
  • Install ZH again
  • Patch the game up to ver 1.04
  • Install the mod
  • Install mod's patch if there's any to be found
  • Play it

-If there's still an error that means you're doing something wrong, do these procedures again from the beginning.

Your game is pirated
-Pirated game usually can cause abnormalities because the game was hacked
-Pirated game sometimes don't support patches

You have a virus!
-This is hardly to be found but there's a chance that virus can cause this
-To solve this, install an anti-virus program or simply format your PC

Edited by VectorIV, 01 November 2011 - 08:38 AM.

#2 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

You have a virus!
-This is hardly to be found but there's a chance that virus can cause this
-To solve this, install an anti-virus program or simply format your PC

Its the less probable variant. Mods are "compatible" with viruses usually as well as with the most of pirated copies and with TFD. By the way, why do you think that TFD causes the mod to crash? TFD has usual ZH 1.04 in the package.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would add the following to troubleshooting list:

1) Game crashes. Zero Hour starts normally. You try to start a skirmish or multiplayer. You switch to unofficial maps - it crashes. It does not even show you the list of maps. Your "Maps" folder is clogged. You installed too many maps or some of them are corrupted. I recommend to leave the maps you want to play now and move the rest of them to different folder.

2) Mouse cursor is invisible. There are 2 possible reasons of this problem.
- You have old video drivers. Download and install the newest ones.
- You deleted "Cursors" folder from the game for some reason. Reinstall the game.

3) You can not select anything and can not push buttons with mouse. It happens sometimes when you exit to Windows and return back to the game. It is fixed this way: press ESC to open main menu and click "Return to game".

4) All units and buildings explode in 10-20 seconds of playing. It happens when you use pirate version or lost license key.

5) Replays are recorded incorrectly. Replays can be corrupted if you play a skirmish game, loss and click "Restart Game". If you want to record correct replay, do not use restart button.

6) Game crashes when you watch replays. Open Options.ini, which is located in "My Documents / Command & Conquer Zero Hour Data /" and look at StaticGameLOD option. It must be set to "Low", "Medium" or "High". If it is set to "Custom" then change it to "High" or any other standard option. It will solve the problem.

#3 VectorIV

VectorIV
  • Hosted
  • 27 posts
  • Projects:C&C Generals Zero Hour : Enhanced

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

By the way, why do you think that TFD causes the mod to crash? TFD has usual ZH 1.04 in the package.

Because I'd received several reports of TFD's crashing and I don't have TFD to make sure of it so I'd just included it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users