...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image

First off, I'd just like to mention that Moddb's Mod of the Year contest is going on right now. If you'd like to support us in our effort to get some BFME mods well-recognized, you could head over to our page HERE and vote for us. Also consider voting for Phoenix Rising, another Revora mod that I work on from time to time :). We'd really appreciate the support.

Anyways, on to the update!

Posted Image

Welcome to the first Rohan update! The next few updates will roll out the changes to the Horse-Lords of Middle-earth, and then, hopefully, we'll release version 0.75.

Posted Image

We'll kick off the next set of updates with the three new Rohan units we'll be introducing, as well as one structure.

Posted Image

As in version 0.55, Rohan still has access to the Royal Guardsmen and Door-Wardens of Edoras. However, all of the new units are rather crowding the Archery Range and Stables. To that end, we're adding a Barracks to the faction (build animations graciously provided by Rob38). This structure now houses the new general units of the Rohan faction. Door Wardens are now built there at Rank 3.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Westfold Miltia are levied spearmen. They aren't that tough or versatile, but are reasonably inexpensive. If you're having a lot of trouble with enemy cavalry and Warg Riders, some Militia may be a good choice. They combo well with Peasants and Yeoman Archers. Westfolders are constructed at the Rank 1 Barracks, but first require you to purchase the Defenders of the Wold upgrade from the same structure. This enables Westfold Militia for purchase at any Barracks, and and Horsemen of the Mark at any Farm.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Let's take a look at the Horsemen of the Mark. This new unit is built at the Farm, and is effectively a drafted, mounted peasant. They aren't cheap, but build very quickly. They are relatively unique in that they have a limited combat time before they tire of combat and return to their homes. Therefore, once you've purchased Defenders of the Wold, any of your farms can defend itself by levying up a quick unit of cavalry, which will expire in 50 seconds.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The last new unit that Rohan gets is the Rohirric Battering Ram. A basic siege weapon, it doesn't need much of a description - it is manned by a tough crew of Westfolders and can be used to batter down gates and small walls.

Edited by Nertea, 05 December 2011 - 11:58 PM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#2 Guest_Vulcan_*

Guest_Vulcan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Awesome update, I'm a little concerned though that Rohan is getting too many non-mounted units. I absolutely love the Horsemen of the Mark though, reminds me of the mercenaries from AoM.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

Awesome update. One question regarding the horsemen of the mark however. You said that the defender of the wold power allows you to construct horsemen of the mark at any barracks, but then later say it is purchased at a farm? is it purchased at both? Anyways you definately have my vote for mod of the year!

#4 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:Luckily AotR Mapping

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

Great looking Units :thumbsupsmiley: , They'll certainly add more fun to Rohan.

Edited by Fudge, 05 December 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#5 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

A fixed link for that second spearmen screenshot:

Posted Image

Awesome update, I'm a little concerned though that Rohan is getting too many non-mounted units.

With the new units, they still have less infantry/archer units than other good factions. And they're not really as strong as other infantry/archer units, so you'll still need to back them up with rohirrim when facing upgraded enemies. Don't worry, there's still much to be explained for rohan :ninja:

Awesome update. One question regarding the horsemen of the mark however. You said that the defender of the wold power allows you to construct horsemen of the mark at any barracks, but then later say it is purchased at a farm? is it purchased at both?

The hoursemen of the mark are only available from farms. I think what Nertea meant to say was: once the defenders of the wetfold upgrade is bought, westfold militia can be built from any barracks, and horsemen of the mark from any farm ;)

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Fixed the image link and clarified that piece of text.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#7 {IP}Solstice

{IP}Solstice

The Relayer

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

It looks really nice, I'm very pleased that I won't have to use peasants as much anymore.
my political compass: http://www.political...-4.75&soc=-5.69
my website: http://future4.weebly.com/ (out of date)

#8 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yay! I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of Rohan updates! Always liked this faction. :good:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#9 Guest_Vulcan_*

Guest_Vulcan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

Yay! I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of Rohan updates! Always liked this faction. :good:

Really? Couldn't tell :rolleyes:

#10 SoulFox

SoulFox
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Cool mods! :thumbsupsmiley:
But I can aks Haldir or Nertea.
I have smart on 3 aks.

1) New general of Rohan like first Gondor general. Rohan general have ledership but both Royal Guardmen aslo ledership. Both units power like Cold War. Units follow general and Royal Gaurdmen guard on kings?

2) I see first fix Rohan spearmen have grenn style in units's back. So second fix Rohan Spearmen have remove grenn style. Why? Rohan spearmen will get back grenn style.

3) The Rohan's weak units Peasants have only sword and spear but Westfold only spear. It is odd. Maybe Peasants be Eastfold like warrior?

Have nice day! ;)

#11 Negtharayas16

Negtharayas16
  • Project Team
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

Keep it up Nertea! TDH has always been my favorite bfme mod. It is great to see you continuously refining it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users