The enum for the superweapon is defined in SpecialPower.ini

#122 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Yea that's the problem. I assume I have to use an existing Enum? I'll go hunt for one that is available later. Can it be any enum that isn't already used by Superweapons general?

#123 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Any existing enum that is not used by the superweapon generalshould work. You have to use an existing enum.

#124 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hey will generals get mad at me if I rename the upgrades? For example if I changed Upgrade Upgrade_ChinaAircraftArmor to just Upgrade_AircraftArmor would the game be mad at me? I'm hoping, despite the stupid amount of work for little return, that I can rename most upgrades to something more applicable. As an example, I want to combine ChinaAircraftArmor and AmericaCountermeasures into a single AircraftArmor. US jets would still gain the effect of countermeasures, and china jets would get a health increase. The point is that the upgrade name is more intuitive to what it does. A better example would be a straight change of Upgrade_Nationalism to Upgrade_TechTree1 or something, and then that upgrade is used to represent certain tech tree upgrades between generals. It'd still work the way Pend has it (overlapping upgrade effects to increase number of possible upgrades) but it'd be far more intuitive for future coding.

Considering Pend has established his own upgrades (USAHBOMB, Escalation1) I believe it's possible, but could use some confirmation.

#125 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

You can rename upgrades to anything you want, just remember to change every reference of the old name to the new one. As long as you change all name references, and stay under the 128 limit, the game should stay happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users