• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts
  • Projects:FB2G
  •  Nothing is true.Everything.is.permited.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

Hey =D

Lauri gave me clearance to show up my work in the TPW art since i made this clear:

THIS IS FAN MADE STUFF. THIS IS NOT PART OF ORIGINAL TPW MOD,
AND THERES NO RELATION BETWEEN THE ACTIVE TEAM MEMBERS AND THIS PROJECT.THIS IS NOT AVALIABLE TO DOWNLOAD.
THIS IS NOT AN ACTIVE MOD.

Very appreciated =D

I've made some massive changes in the MOD's UI,
(and yes, they're all yours if Matias like the stuff) Some historical based, some fantasy made =)

12/01 - Still no sign from TPW Team =D :: Shield Texture Templates
Should be useful for Athenas if come to happend.^^

Posted Image

Hoplite Screens + Texture Maps
All the body textures are original and hand made. - Same if i copied the original style to preserve the historical base =b-

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

: Leonidas & Peltast 1024x1024 skins.. 
Double it and make the comparison, Lauri =b

Posted Image Posted Image
*All hand-made / Custom Textures

LOADING SCREENS

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

WOTR COMPATIBLE WITH TPW
I've managed to make WOTR livingworld working with the mod.
 Theres still some weird AI behaviours, but looks  to be going well..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SPELLBOOK UI CHANGES

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

HOPLITE COMBO HORDES + HOPLITE UI CHANGES
Posted Image
Basically its a larger Hoplite battalion. Slowed movement by default. ^^ Still WIP. I don't know how to put a prerequisite to create the horde, 
when the aim is to allow the combo at lv5. Very useful to cover big spaces =D

INFANTRY UI CHANGES

Posted Image

BUILDING UI CHANGES

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
CREATE-A-GREEK CHANGES

Well, theres more minor changes, but thats pretty much it. I've done this  just for fun, and theres no mod behind this work. If u guys like the stuff
and feel like using it at TPW, its all yours.. Nice critics are always welcome =D Gratz for the nice mod o/

Edited by luh-koala, 12 January 2012 - 02:35 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Theres some incredible texture rez increasing if u re-design it \o/ 1024 textures to the future XD
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Well, to be fair, if you take your 1024x1024 textures, and resize them to 512x512, and then compare them, you'll see that there ain't that much of a difference ;)

Overall, this mod requires some power, so we like to have the skins as low as possible, so 512 is max usually. 256 for units mostly.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#4 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hmmm, thats true, but texture rendering dont happend at gamestart? I mean, it loads the textures to the memory? =)

But isnt exactly what i meant. Im saying about get a 512 texture, resize it, then REDRAW it, and save in 1024. A just rescaled texture will not do any differences idd. =)
But ingame.. i can say, is very very cool =D

^^
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

You have some really nice stuff there. :)

safsignature.png

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Don't know the mechanics exactly, but loads of units on the screen = loads of lag

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#7 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Spartan \o/ i hope i can manage to talk to Matias this year XD

And yes, units and lag are lovers forever, mostly with all the animations stuff invvolved. the texture itself will not compromise the cpu load, but the occlusion and other SAO dependent of
rendering will load up^^ Still im not having lag "bigger" problems, but he's tehre.. ^^
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

UPDATED: Some new textures.^^

Maybe the team members could spend a minute here and give their opinions, if theres something that they like here ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Guest_Matias_*

Guest_Matias_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

This is all very good. Those buttons, I wouldn't mind using those at all. I have grown suspicious these days, however. Did you make them yourself? Some look a little too good to suddenly appear from out of the blue.

I would like to actively work with you, you seem to be a great texture artist, but alas I have no time. I can only occasionally post like this. Maybe if Lauri is not too busy, he can work with you on implementing those buttons, and I could assume a more passive role? I don't want your effort to go to waste, at least.

#10 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

\o/ Heeeey, man!! Awsome to see ya around =D

So, as for the buttons.. gah,, theres a lot of googling, but producing them, making the dds stuff, its all hand-made. have the PSD full stock for u \o/ But if u're asking if i used somebody's mod work.. no no, its all fresh stuff. And i found yr hoplite in google =D
About textures, have to assume that i copied yr styles, just taken vector above it. tried to create some myself (im very new to texture modelling) but the texture maps are a bit confusing to me. So im basically copying your stuff and increasing the quality. And making some freaking texture tests.. u will like the PSD's!!

So, honestly, i think i can never take your place, i'm a bit new to all this. Actually, i was looking further to learn some stuff with ya =) And u would help me convince to make a proper WOTR programming and finish peltast stances. \o/ Hehehe
But i could give some strong support to the whole UI stuff, some texture modelling, the buttons.. u know thats a freaking job, could make your time more valiable to work on Athens and let some junk with me^^

All this cause.,. i REALLY LIKED THIS MOD. have been playing BFME2 for many years, and i had broken my foot sometime ago, so i have a longtime to do nothing. And i would dream to see the AI working perfectly.. im really tired of killing incessive hoplite hordes. =D Hahaha

So, to make it work:

There's some chance u work on the mod this month, or the next? I can manage the stuff for Lauri or wathever who, (my .big file is very dulled and destroyed, so, think a .dds filepack would be better.)
But highliting the point.. u're the master, man o/ hehe
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Guest_Matias_*

Guest_Matias_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

I am planning to return to this mod during the summer, so, not next month or the one after. However, I love that UI you made and I would add those buttons in a heartbeat. What I suggest you do, is send the DDS files over to Lauri. Replacing our old ones should be no problem at all, assuming you've kept their names. We have an update system in place so updating the mod to your standards would be easy.

As to coding work, that would have to wait. Also, by the time I'm starting work on Athens, I hope Lauri will bother to work with me (:p) and you could certainly lend a big hand to creating buttons and even textures. Hell, you might even want to try texturing some buildings. It'd give them a fresh difference to the Sparta ones.

#12 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

Sweet! Thats great news.^^

So i will take the noise to Lauri.. poor of him, got him buzzed the last 2 weeks, haha =D

But probably my dds are all in 512 ( some of yrs are at 256, some at 128)... Far i can see the perfomance loss is less then -0%, and theres some quality increasing, mostly for wide and blablabla.
And hell ya! the buildings sounds awsome! actually i had taken a look in the map files, tried to map a 1024 texture on the fortress, (used an white granite texture, all that stone was too evilish to me.. hehe)

So that it is \o/ Thanks a lot for replying, man, its really good to see ya back XD Had been waiting for that^^

lets wait Lauri show up and give his own toughts.. (he gave me some nice tips about get rid of fantasy stuff - i got inspired with some Ares and Athens concept arts XD)

And Athens for the future \o/
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Adamin

Adamin
  • Project Team
  • 180 posts
  • Projects:Edain Mod
  •  Skinner, 2D-Artist, Isengard-Freak

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

Those are some pretty awesome textures and buttons. Beautiful! :w00t:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien-
"Obstacles are those terrible things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
-Unknown-

#14 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

After having taken another look at your new unit and shield textures, I believe those could be well suited for the Athens faction. Just change the red into a deep blue colour and maybe, just for differentiation, make the breastplate silver. I am very satisfied with the current textures for both Spartan hoplites and Spartan peltasts, so I'd much rather see your contributions be put to a different, more needed use.

Also, there is a reason our hordes aren't very big. Making them smaller reduces lag and increases clarity on the battlefield, which is important because giving individual orders to batallions is the key to winning the long skirmishes that take place.

On a sidenote: I do want to keep texture sizes down, for file size as well as performance.

Edited by Matias, 13 January 2012 - 01:25 AM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#15 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

Dealed. Let me know wich filesizes i should export. Believe i that we can keep 256 to the buttons / 512 for the textures / 1024 for the heroes?

I had been doing some organization and extracting the \compiledtextures stuff.,..
i think i loaded just one or 2 extra textures ( to the camera system, wich used a default button ingame)
and some stuff for WOTR, so, no pain at all^^

U came to look the peltast leather armor texture? i think its the best ^^

Will send ya a PM with some stuff very soon, just to check it.^^
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

I'm not sure what sizes the mod uses currently (it has been a while) but I would stick to that.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#17 luh-koala

luh-koala

Marsupilartist.

• Project Team
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

Sure. Its done, im working on the recolor at the the hoplite armor now.

Actually 1024 i was refering is to the hero's texture ( i want to show ya the leonidas texture map XD) hehe
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Guest_6_inches_under_*

Guest_6_inches_under_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

best mod for bfme ever.

#19 Guest_Spartan_*

Guest_Spartan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

I aspecialy like the art u used for the magic and units, this should be used in the real mod, or is it already used?

#20 Guest_Spartan_*

Guest_Spartan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

I aspecialy like the art u used for the magic and units, this should be used in the real mod, or is it already used?

And the buildings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users