105 replies to this topic

#81 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:Luckily AotR Mapping

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Oooh, its great to see people are taking an interest. Thanks Phil  :thumbsupsmiley:

#82 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

All right I'm still tweaking this bloody thing and near enough everything is running as it should but I occasionally get out of synch errors when playing the map online. Is there anything I can do in worldbuilder to try and stop this from occurring or is it that the cinematics are screwing me over? It's even more bizarre as not very long ago I wasn't getting these synch errors.

#83 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

That's generally caused by people playing other maps with a map.ini, and then playing your map without restarting bfme as far as I know.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#84 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Okay quick update, I'm going mad because it's so hard to test online as nobody (bar those I know here) are willing to wait during the painfully difficult process of loading the map through gameranger, I have tried T3A online but because of the time difference there aren't many online when I need them. The single player version runs fine but the multiplayer version is a bit of an unknown, the last test I did (which was a while ago) I encountered an out of sync error. Overall I'm still testing but it's really slow going.

Sorry if I sound a little deflated but it's so frustrating to be so close and not be able to finish due to the possibility of a bug which I cannot verify without the help of (quite frequently) impatient people.

#85 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

What is the best time for you, I could timetable 5 hours for you at any time. But I do not have Gameranger (I have T3A:Online).

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#86 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

About 6.00 PM GMT is generally when I'm online. I'm more than happy to play on T3A online it's merely that people are infrequently online at that time.

Edited by Fudge, 03 October 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#87 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

You have me as your servant from 6pm GMT Thursday to 11pm GMT Thursday.

Unfortunately 6pm GMT is when I have been going to sleep on most days, so I am going to have to change my sleeping pattern a bit to accomodate. ;p

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#88 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Really? Well hopefully we'll test today and it'll go fine and you can go back to sleep. Although we're still going to need another player before we can play.

#89 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I am unable to do anything today, sorry. You have at 6pm GMT (tomorrow for me). =D

#90 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Okay I am going to set up now.

#91 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

In about 2 hours from posting this i will have time to test :p

#92 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

I have been waiting in the chat on T3A:Online.

#93 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Sorry Matt, because you said you weren't coming online I didn't bother to check, so sorry.

Scratch that, Matt was still waiting for me and along with ICT (KingCrwn). We played the level right the way through with minimal bugs (there where the odd few near the end) meaning that after a few tweaks the map can be FINALLY released.

My thanks to both MattTheLegoMan and ICT for there patience with the delays I caused and an extra thank you to Matt who got up super early just to play with me.

I'm on such a jolly right now :)

Edited by Fudge, 03 October 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#94 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

It was great fun!

The only thing that comes to my mind is, that the levels where the heroes are alone are too easy (except on the path of the dead)

If you want to work on that, you could make that harder. (eg harder different enemys/combos and allow some of the superpowers in different situations)

As from scenery and stuff i am no modder but it looked pretty awesome :)

Edited by ict, 04 October 2013 - 10:11 AM.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#95 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Paths of the Dead were pretty difficult. ;p

#96 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yeah I'm going to leave POTD Alone but maybe I'll give the enemies at Amon-hen, Fangorn and Rohan upgrades to increase the difficulty a bit :)

#97 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Finally after god knows how long I can finally say that this map is officially released and both versions are now available to download, I'd like to say a huge thank you to all the testers and those who assisted me throughout this painstakingly long undertaking. Below is just the generic bollocks I post everywhere but it's got some new pictures for you to look at and the download link is at the bottom of the post.

The Movie Map Updated

This is a remade version of NordicSoldier's "Movie Map". I'd like to say that I remade this map not because it wasn't enjoyable to play but because it was so different, fun and just generally great that it warranted a visual update so that the rest of it can be appreciated in its entirety.

The map features several locations in the following order:

• Moria - Balins Tomb, Dwarodwelf (tiny), Khazad-dûm
  • EastGate
  • Amon-Hen
  • Rohan
  • Fangorn
  • Helms Deep
  • Isengard
  • Ithilien
  • Paths of the Dead
  • Minas Tirith
  • Shelob's Lair
  • Cirith Ungol
  • The Black Gate
  • Mount Doom

There's a bunch of screenshots in here for those who'd like to have a look at the map.
Spoiler

Throughout the level there are several fancy cinematics, but don't worry in comparison to the size of the map they don't slow you down or cause de-synch errors (provided your computer isn't super slow).

Each of the "Iconic" locations (Helms Deep e.t.c) contain a large scale battle each of which requires constant monitoring to ensure victory, communication within teams is important in this regard. Each battle also has a huge amount of audio (and music) to make each battle feel more like that of the films.

There are two versions of the map included, the multiplayer version & the singleplayer version. Both are identical, other than the cinematics which are more fancy in the singleplayer as there's no chance of a de-synch error.

There's also a download link on The 3rd Age site with a list of credits,
http://www.the3rdage.net/download-1730

P.S the singleplayer version has to be loaded twice to get rid of the double soundtrack error

Edited by Fudge, 05 October 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#98 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

#great work! :)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#99 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

UPDATE - Well more like a proper release as it appears that the multiplayer version of this map has simply not been working. Luckily a group of kind, understanding and helpful individuals (sarcasm intended) brought this error to my attention. Despite the animosity I do still have an obligation to do right by those who supported me in making this map and all those who attempted to play but couldn't.

I have altered the initial cinematics in the multiplayer version and all appears to work fine so I can only presume they where the cause of the problem. The map is being re-uploaded and once MODB authorise it I shall change the links both here and on T3A.

Sorry once again.

#100 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Okay I've updated the T3A page with a new link: http://www.the3rdage.net/edit_item

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users