• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hey, ReallyFat, I like that tail. It's staying. And he doesn't have wings, those appendages are like Marcus' from Underworld. Also, as shown by Ridder Blauw, I'm giving him a more upright posture, although I want him crippled (hence fallen angel/god, crippled like Hephaustus). And he's demonic because he's supposed to have shed his form of good.

And I'm not sure what animations I'll bind him to, yet. Maybe my own (I can do buildings, so skeletons can't be that bad, right?).

Also, the Balrog-esque look is going to recede.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#62 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Make you own animations? Err.. :ermm:

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#63 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hey, ReallyFat, I like that tail. It's staying. And he doesn't have wings, those appendages are like Marcus' from Underworld. Also, as shown by Ridder Blauw, I'm giving him a more upright posture, although I want him crippled (hence fallen angel/god, crippled like Hephaustus). And he's demonic because he's supposed to have shed his form of good.

I like your interpretation , tho I don't like this 'demonic form' witch it throws my thoughts on the lesser balrogs then Morgoth .As stated before he was more then just 'pure evil' (or was).

#64 Dreamwalker

Dreamwalker
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Projects:None at the Moment
  •  Whoa, it really is blue...

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

And "pure evil" doesn't equal demon. I like that you're making a very original Morgoth, but personally, I always imagined a little more humanoid kind of guy; and I think that that's what everyone else is saying. But still, you can make him however you want, of course.

Life is Fire.

#65 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  • Projects:Work
  •  I changed

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

I love the way he is, it's unique and no ones interpreted him in that way :p

#66 {IP}Solstice

{IP}Solstice

The Relayer

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

Yeah, I'd rather we have a unique morgoth than the usual tall demon guy, this mod will be unique after all.

Make you own animations? Err.. :ermm:

Fellbeast, making animations for unit models is very difficult ; I don't know if anyone can still do it (I know cahik was very good at it.)
my political compass: http://www.political...-4.75&soc=-5.69
my website: http://future4.weebly.com/ (out of date)

#67 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

There are very few mods with brand new and complete custom animations. It's time consuming, tedious, and very difficult. However, don't take this as a deterrent. By all means, do your best and the more you try the more you learn! Just don't get discouraged :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#68 Guest_peter_*

Guest_peter_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hey, ReallyFat, I like that tail. It's staying.

How would he sit on his throne with that?

#69 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Put the tail between his legs? :xd:
Or just put it behind him, or to his side, or... chop it off while he sits and sow it back on when he is done?
Create a hole in his throne?
Use a portal gun and shoot a portal on the chair and one somewhere else, thus allowing his tail to continue? :xd:
Aaaanyways... i'm sure there is a fairly reasonable way he can sit on his throne :p
Ridder Geel

#70 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  •  I changed

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I don't think someone would summon/buy him ingame to sit on his throne... but I'm sure he can make a plan :p

#71 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Unique Morgoth but not lore-wise Morgoth . :smile2ap:
Anyway just do things your way , it's your mod , I'm very curious how would he look finished ( with texture and weapons) if I could imagine him fighting Fingolfin .

#72 ReallyFat

ReallyFat

title available

• Project Team
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

I KINDA agree with Valaquenta, it's not really lore wise. also, the tail point is good. honestly, why can't we keep him the way he is supposed to be? the mod is from Book to Game, not from Thought to Game

signature.png

#73 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

OK, OK! God, can't you guys read? I'm making him more humanoid! When my damn GCSE Art courseworks done, though. I'm sure this was a Quenta Silmarillion topic, not an Everyone Rant at Morgoth, though I do appreciate the criticism. I'll put a picture up when he's done. Again.

#74 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Relax, nobody is trying to rant. People are just posting feedback to let you know what the community may think.

Here is my suggestion (If you're willing to devote some time)

I would tuck away a save file for the model in its current state and leave it untouched. Then, go about either remaking it, or heavily modifying it into a different style, based on the feedback. Who knows, you may like the result you come up with more.

This way at least you can rest happy knowing that you're responding to the critiques, but if the result is terrible, you still have your original concept to fall back on.

Modding is one part personal, and one part public. If you're making a mod just for yourself, then of course you can do anything and add anything. But once you start to make it a public project, it becomes a bit more important to adhere to what the people want to see. It will help your reputation, an make the mod more appealing to other people.

I'm not trying to scold here, but how would you like it if someone made something for a mod that was completely obscure, and you posted honest feedback saying something completely legitimate about it. But the person who made it just shut you out and said "No! It's MY mod I want it MY way!" Would you still want to download that mod as badly as before? Not likely..

Keep in mind I'm not accusing you of doing this, it's just good to gain a little perspective on what other people may think some times.

#75 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

The human mind is such a interesting thing sometimes , and we don't blame you , no one can blame you for being human.

Sometimes we find ourselves trying to create a visual interpretation for certain things from a book ,like a unit , a map , a hero .All we do is create things that are described and the rest is pure imagination , and most of the time we cry that some details are not described and such details would be very helpful .And sometimes imagination hits us , and we love that idea so bad we discard even the details we are certain about .(Such as hair color) You decide where each model goes .

I'm hoping to see more . :good:

Edited by Valaquenta10, 09 May 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#76 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  •  I changed

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Try what Kwen said, and you can always go back if you wish :p
(Although I am a bit different as Matias always to taught me to mod for myself :xd:)
But if you do make a new Morgoth and you prefer the new one, you can always use the original model for something else, perhaps a Balrog or demon of some sought ;)
But don't be put down by it, people are just giving ideas, like I said I love that model but that's my opinion, other people with have their's :)

And please, don't use the Lord's name in vain :p

#77 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  •  I changed

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

Sorry for the double post (I can't edit my last one?)
The team should consult these things (what it looks like, what it does, following tech-trees [this goes for all things]) and then things can be more organized.
It's bad having your own team members critisizing your work as they only found out what it looks like, work as a team.
I personally think that team work can be a great asset in the world of modding :p

#78 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

OK, thanks for all your help guys, it does put it in perspective. As you say, it is a public mod, and it should be the people we cater for, not ourselves. And Kwen, many thanks for the advice which I'm taking to strongly.

#79 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

No, you misunderstand. You should do what you guys wants, but take into consideration what the public wants. You shouldn't have to mod something you don't want. But, as has been done in this topic, it's always nice to argument for your decisions. That goes for you by having a Morgoth that is more demonic that the rest of us like, and for us that think he should be more Sauron.

Had you said the reasons for making Morgoth the way you have in the first post (with the picture), we wouldn't have been as hysterical :p But since you didn't, we all assumed you didn't know anything about Morgoth. That's probably why you felt we attacked you.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#80 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yes, thanks Lauri for clearing that up.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users