Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

This thread contains a master list of the bugs reported and confirmed in the current (0.75) version of The Dwarf Holds. Please consult this list (updated by me) before posting a new bug.

Note: to report map bugs go here!
  • Casting Oath of Cirion may enable purchase of Elves for Rohan
  • Aragorn is missing hoofstep audio when mounted
  • Dunlendings have some Uruk ambient audio left over
  • Secret Ways may crash the game if used on lots of units
  • Ugluk costs too much to revive at Level 5

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#2 oschatz

oschatz
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hi

I found a Bug while playing Gondor.

Faramirs Arrow on his Neck are pink. i tried it on different Maps,and i installed the Game new,but its still there. maybe theres something wrong with the asset.dat?

#3 {IP}Solstice

{IP}Solstice

The Relayer

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

I think I may have found a bug although its not that bad. Denethor's health bar (on the bottom of the screen were all the heros are) will go up and down without him even taking damage (If you hover your pointer over him his health is usually full then)
my political compass: http://www.political...-4.75&soc=-5.69
my website: http://future4.weebly.com/ (out of date)

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Could it be his guards that take damage? (Not sure how that works tbh, but Nert'll know)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#5 Legs

Legs

Shipwright of The Teleri

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Not sure if it's intentional or not. The camps citadels are invisible, I was playing on Adorn.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Utúlie'n Aurë! Aiya Eldalië Ar Atanatarni, Utúlie'n Aurë!

#6 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

I found a Bug while playing Gondor.
Faramirs Arrow on his Neck are pink. i tried it on different Maps,and i installed the Game new,but its still there. maybe theres something wrong with the asset.dat?

Not sure if it's intentional or not. The camps citadels are invisible, I was playing on Adorn.

Stuff like this is usually an asset.dat thing. Try reinstalling. And i'd probably make sure the last version of TDH is uninstalled first too.

I think I may have found a bug although its not that bad. Denethor's health bar (on the bottom of the screen were all the heros are) will go up and down without him even taking damage (If you hover your pointer over him his health is usually full then)

Like Lauri said, Denethor's health bar is based on Denethor and his guards, which isn't something that can be fixed i don't think. If Denethor himself is low on health, you'll hear him say his 'help' audio cue.

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:Luckily AotR Mapping

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Ugluk seems to cost 9000 to revive, It's a little steep when you think he only costs 1100 to purchase in the first place :grin: .

#8 Souske22

Souske22
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Incredibly Bored and Extremly Inquisitive

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Perhaps my memory is clouded from time away from BFME but I may have found a bug (Or I've missed something somewhere) but it appears Cavalry can no longer enter/exit a citadel through postern gates, nor can mounted Heroes.

#9 Dûnedaincapitain

Dûnedaincapitain
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

When i load the mod, theres a pink screen right after the3rdage.net thingy..

Is that supposed to be there?

#10 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ugluk seems to cost 9000 to revive, It's a little steep when you think he only costs 1100 to purchase in the first place :grin: .

Do you remember which level he was on at all?

Perhaps my memory is clouded from time away from BFME but I may have found a bug (Or I've missed something somewhere) but it appears Cavalry can no longer enter/exit a citadel through postern gates, nor can mounted Heroes.

That's a new feature, added to try and make turtling a bit harder - you now actually have to risk opening your gates if you want to protect your cavalry/launch a counter attack. It's also more realistic.

When i load the mod, theres a pink screen right after the3rdage.net thingy..

Is that supposed to be there?

Nope. Try uninstalling 0.75, uninstalling 0.5 (if you had it installed before 0.75), and reinstalling.

Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:Luckily AotR Mapping

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Level 2, I think?

#12 Guest_Onodrim_*

Guest_Onodrim_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

I played a few battles with hard Rohan allies, and they started building ent moots very early in the game, even though ents aren't even supposed to be a unit for Rohan anymore.

#13 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

There is some nasty crackling in the Basic dwarf infantry's voices.
The Dwarf camp gate could use a bit more health it falls too easy to Trolls.
The Towers don't match the Base colour theme so they stick out like a sore thumb (not really a bug I know).
The Baruk Sharthur die too easy especially against Trolls which makes them not a viable unit for their purpose of being Anti Cav/building, do the Mattocks do extra damage against Monsters as well?

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#14 {IP}Solstice

{IP}Solstice

The Relayer

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I think I may have found a rather exploitable glitch for Rohan, I was playing on the river Glanduin map. I had bought ride light and swift, draft, Muster of Rohan, and Oath of Cirion. But I was able to buy Haldir and Galadrim without buying the aid from Lothlorien power.

Also, this isn't a bug really but I haven't seen carnen on the map selection screen.

Edited by future4, 24 March 2012 - 08:55 PM.

my political compass: http://www.political...-4.75&soc=-5.69
my website: http://future4.weebly.com/ (out of date)

#15 Legs

Legs

Shipwright of The Teleri

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

The Archers of Morgul have pinks arrows. Both the ones in their quiver, and the ones they're firing.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Utúlie'n Aurë! Aiya Eldalië Ar Atanatarni, Utúlie'n Aurë!

#16 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

The Uruk crossbows have pink arrows, and the Morgul orcs flick, when they move.

#17 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

Just played a game of skirmish with rohan hard ai as my allies. All they did was spam horsemen and battering rams with their gate closed. Because horsemen cannot exit via a postern gate , the AI just stoned kept building rams and horsemen. All the units were in the castle. Also, is there anyway you can program rohan to buy the defenders of the wold upgrade? It seems to only buy rams.

#18 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

Yeah, in general the AI is still a work in progress. We are actively working on trying to fix the entmoot issue, so there will probably be a patch in a week or two once we fix some issues.

Sadly, due to the way horde coding works, this isn't possible to fix without changing the way Denethor works. It's something I might work on eventually, but is low priority.

Ugluk seems to cost 9000 to revive, It's a little steep when you think he only costs 1100 to purchase in the first place Posted Image .

Ooops! probably should be 900 !

Yes, this is intentional, for the reasons Haldir stated.

I think I may have found a rather exploitable glitch for Rohan, I was playing on the river Glanduin map. I had bought ride light and swift, draft, Muster of Rohan, and Oath of Cirion. But I was able to buy Haldir and Galadrim without buying the aid from Lothlorien power.

I will attempt to reproduce this.

All of these pink/invisible issues didn't seem to come up in testing, so I'd value some additional details - windows version, any other mods installed, maps, anything you can think of

There is some nasty crackling in the Basic dwarf infantry's voices.

Give us a break, we're the only mod with a full set of voiced units anyways ;)

The Dwarf camp gate could use a bit more health it falls too easy to Trolls.

Intentional.

The Baruk Sharthur die too easy especially against Trolls which makes them not a viable unit for their purpose of being Anti Cav/building, do the Mattocks do extra damage against Monsters as well?

Cavalry/buildings only. They aren't generalists, and are basically swordsmen. Not intended to replace Warriors, but supplement them

Thanks for the reports guys. Keep 'em coming (though each one breaks my fragile heart a little bit)

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#19 Souske22

Souske22
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Incredibly Bored and Extremly Inquisitive

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

Pink issue seems to have hit me, the screen that should display the Dwarf Holds bit and the arrows of Gondorian Rangers and Faramir (Both in Quiver and when lining up a shot), but they appear correctly when in flight. Now to the tech specs to help

Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 8200M G (Fully updated)
Processor: AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-75
Other Installed mods: TEA:CE v1.2 (Installed Via Desura if it matters)
Maps Tested on: Dunharrow, Minas Tirith, Dwarrodelf, and Minas Morgul

I've uninstalled 0.75 and reinstalled, uninstalled again and removed BFME 1, reinstalled, repatched, and reinstalled 0.75 with the same result.

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Just to say that I also was able to purchase haldir and the galadrhim without the aid from lothlorien, on a different map. Also, the nazgul portraits on the purchase menu are at a wrong angle. Also want to say as well that the mod is fantastic. After 8 years we finally have the game EA promised us in their ambitious promotionals!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users