Count Von Doomenburg

• Network Admins
  • 7,138 posts
  • Projects:YouTube
  •  Actual Celebrity
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hey-hey again... Pasidon the mighty here with another week of news. I have in store the first ToW (Triumph of the Week) that deserves quite a bit of attention as well as a new tutorial here at Revora.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

http://m3000.info/forums/

Our good friend and community legend, Hostile, has recently been announcing his latest titan of a project, Millennium 3000, or as his fans term it, M3K. It's a massive science fiction project that nearly mimics the time and dedication of a full fledged novel, and it's a novel you can be apart of. Hostile has set up extensive details anyone can add to including geography, history, lifeforms and religious components to this futuristic window into the dark future of human space travel. It also features a database of solar systems and planets with their own details and histories, and anyone can contribute their own planet artwork and fiction. He is also working on the role playing components at the moment that include ships and weaponry. This project has been in the works for a very long time and was just recently announced, so it needs some attention... it may be beneficial to at least take a look into M3K.

First Impression

I recently gave a first impression into this universal space escapade to test out some primary mechanics to see how it all worked. Hostile has spent quite a bit of time into designing a database in which anyone can input fields. I personally tested the planetary database, doing some art and making up a history for a planet. You can see that planet here as well as others people have created. You get a great selection of details you can add to your own planet that is surprisingly enjoyable. And even more components such as ships are being added in, which I can predict to have a similar feel. The forum layout and detail are also extensive and contain a few fun reads... as they are also are available for altering. It is an intentionally malleable story line with mechanics that can be altered in any way possible, which is open hand enough to allow some incredible changes with a large fan base. My only problem lies within the visual design, which Hostile claims that most of the artwork you see are placeholders. With some work still needed on the site, Hostile's dedication towards the project is respectable enough for me to continue participating once in awhile and it's also enjoyable to add upon.

PHP Tutorials

http://forums.revora...666#entry881666

One of our newly named members, Dragon Rider, who is now {IP}Apollo, has recently begun creating tutorials here at Revora for people to take a gander at. His knowledge of programming and willingness to help the community get a better grasp on the subject is commendable by many respects. If you're learning from him, make sure to give some acknowledgement to him so he will continue to make us tutorials.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also this week, I have an interview with M3K creator Hostile that may be making an appearance to the news here soon. And as always, if you have any projects that deserve some attention of if you want an interview, PM me and it can certainly be done.

RH_Sig.jpg47oe.jpgoutput_Fkd6it.giffl80.jpgSTuff_sig.jpg

#2 Elric

Elric

MLG Champion

• Project Team
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

wow, ok thanks! I uh better get some more tutorials done.... :thumbsuphappy:

You may want to replace the PHP tutorials and link below it with this link btw...

Link:

http://forums.revora...t-of-tutorials/

Edited by {IP}Apollo, 09 April 2012 - 07:36 PM.

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."  - Tolkien

Posted Image

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Count Von Doomenburg

• Network Admins
  • 7,138 posts
  • Projects:YouTube
  •  Actual Celebrity
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:37 PM