Has anyone done cuisine catering?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chrisjh0223

Chrisjh0223
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

Next week my club is doing a Monday Steak Night where everyone involved has the option of bringing their own slab of meat (ie steak) to a campfire and roasting it over that fire. We don't have to (I for one will not) and the group leader said if we don't then we could resort to bringing something else such as a side dish (ie potato salad) or a dessert tray (ie a plate of cookies). I'm thinking about ordering dessert catering from Ruby Tuesday. Has anyone here ordered dessert catering from them? The menu items I'm thinking about ordering are maybe 6 dozen Gourmet Cupcakes (3 dozen as Red Velvet and 3 dozen as Carrot Cake) or maybe 6 dozen Gourmet Cookies (3 dozen as chocolate chip and 3 dozen as white chocolate macadamia nut). I read through the dessert items on their website and the descriptions sound great, but how much do they cost?

What advice can you give me in terms of dessert catering from Ruby Tuesday or any other restaurant/food store? Are there any cost-economic food/drink recommendations you can give me? I'm looking for food ideas that are simple to serve and preferably room temperature (such as cookies, brownies, doughnuts, etc), so no cakes/pies and NO ice cream ideas. We are a religious Christian union and we have zero tolerance for alcohol drinks. I might bring along one or two multi-cases of water bottles or sodas or V8 Splashes.
Dude!!?? WTF!! Sexy beach 3, Schoolmate, and artificial girl 2... WTF is wrong with you? Do you smoke crack!? ~ MadHQ on Beowulf's PC wallpaper

"Religion is a monumental chapter in the history of human egotism." - William James

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

You're ordering from RT and you're not getting meat? Barbarian. But they have some good deserts... and every location is different, so what I recommend may not be an option. For example... their skillet cookies are fantastic. Chocolate cookies baked on a skillet and served with vanilla ice creme. All RTs serve different types of cookies... and all of them good. Even the ones with nuts in them. Their catering is quite pricey, so I recommend a store visit to get the food then go out to your site. It's a camping trip, so that's already over doing it. I might be inclined to recommend hunting your own food.

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

It's fascinating to be European and watch all of these unknown restaurants and shop names getting thrown around. Not every American enterprise tried to take over the world it seems.

But yeah, meat azimuthals(as the dictionary commands muthafuckas to be interpreted). Don't order anyone to bring food to a camping trip, unless its in the backyard of the place or something. Which I really hope it isn't

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'm pretty sure if you're in someone's backyard... or at least 10 miles away from towns or large housing developments, it doesn't count. And if at least 2 people die or at least get crippled to death during the camping trip, then it's considered a good camping trip. Street rulez.

#5 Chrisjh0223

Chrisjh0223
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Some people are vegetarians so even if I were to bring a main dish it would be vegetarian friendly (ie garden salad or veggie pizza). This campfire is getting held at a guy's backyard and there's an estimate of 25-50 people coming this Monday. The guy's house is in the countryside (forest and grassland) with only a few nearby houses.
Dude!!?? WTF!! Sexy beach 3, Schoolmate, and artificial girl 2... WTF is wrong with you? Do you smoke crack!? ~ MadHQ on Beowulf's PC wallpaper

"Religion is a monumental chapter in the history of human egotism." - William James

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

#6 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

If you can drive to within 50 meters of the site with a normal car, its not camping :)

Vegetarians at a BBQ. They got some nerve!

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#7 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Yea... Vegetarians ruin everyone's fun. But under these new circumstances (not camping), I'm sure catering is possible.

And a pizza not labeled 'veggie pizza' is still vegetarian friendly, by the way.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 13 April 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#8 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Unless they are Scott-Pilgrim style vegans.
Todd Ingram: I partake not in the meat, nor the breastmilk, nor the ovum, of any creature with a face.
Envy Adams: Short answer: being vegan just makes you better than most people.
Todd Ingram: Bingo.
[Todd punches Scott and sends him, screaming, high into the air and out of sight.]

Edited by duke_Qa, 14 April 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#9 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

We learn far too much about vegans from that book... I have yet to meet anyone outside a city who partakes in the act of avoiding meat / dairy. Urban people have very strange ideas when it comes to wilderness living and the foods associated with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users