#21 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

As I've already mentioned the French buildings aren't done yet so placeholder Gfx are being used for now.

Right is everyone up & running now?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Guest_nic_*

Guest_nic_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

Ares need C++ 08 to work, most of the time it will come with Windows but depends of what version etc.

@nic: Did you launch the game via the RunAres.bat file?

i did.but the new units doesnt show up.:(

#23 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hey!
Ares does indeed need an English 1.001 version of YR.
If anybody is still experiencing problems, please try to install the C++ 2010 runtime files. Ares uses these, but the readme has not been updated yet.

#24 Guest_nic_*

Guest_nic_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ares need C++ 08 to work, most of the time it will come with Windows but depends of what version etc.

@nic: Did you launch the game via the RunAres.bat file?

after downloading all the requirements, i clicked on the RunAres.bat.
the menu backgrounds work fine, but i think the menu music is the same.(i assume you changed the music at the menu.)
then i get to play skirmish. the nations didnt change.(but the flags did!)
and the loading screen didnt work for most countries.
while playing, the buildings changed, but the cameo icons, and the units didnt. there were no new units at play.
(dont tell me to reinstall RA2... i lost the disk...and RA2 disk is unobtainable here in the Philippines!)

#25 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Check to see if there aren't any other files left over from other mods that may be interfering with D-day.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Guest_SabrenJaNefsi_*

Guest_SabrenJaNefsi_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

If i start that runares.bat, he just start and it do something with ''gamemd'' and then closes. But nothing starts. And when i normal start gamemd.exe he doesnt want to start. If i start via cd then he starts and then closes. im using windows7

#27 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

The posts in this topic cover most problems, try everything that has been mentioned & if it's still not working post again.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Guest_SabrenJaNefsi_*

Guest_SabrenJaNefsi_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Nevermind i found it, just put every game to windows 98/me and administrator if u can. Thats what i did, so u need to put yuri,gamemd,springe or something and that bat file. All to that confiq, if you have windows 7. And run that .bat file with administrator, then it will continue and start the game. Good luck !

#29 Guest_Bobakanoosh_*

Guest_Bobakanoosh_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

im having trouble getting this mod installed.

im using windows xp. im also using LaunchBase to run YR and mods. LaunchBase has Ares+Syringe built in.

ive heard that D-day will not work with hacked versions of YR. that it requires a legit install.

my inquiries are this: do i absolutely HAVE to use the Ares standalone? or can i just keep it simple and impliment these tools through LaunchBase? and can D-day work with a torrented copy that runs via disk image instead of a launcher hack?

thank you.

#30 Guest_Meyerm_*

Guest_Meyerm_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

I have a legal YR copy patched to 1.001. I followed the installation guide word for word, including everything said in this thread. I run the .bat file, but a black window briefly shows and disappears. I start YR via the normal .exe launcher, and the mod plays. However, when I try to start a normal game, it either:
A. Starts to load, then exits the game
B. Game loads. Buildings are pink and fuzzy (as if half-textured), and production structures besides Con yard don't work.

What have I done wrong?

#31 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Well, stand-alone is generally faster way doing as it does same as launch base does regards ARES activation basicly, you may however try have launch base get the ARES 0.1 in place and then manually replace the ARES files in the LaunchBase\Resource folder but LB is not officially endorsed with this mod presently and some like myself do not use it so this is a educated guess entirely.

If you do not want to use the bat or it does not work for you then you should make a windows shortcut icon to the desktop with Syringe.exe picked from RA2 main folder
and then edit the shortcut path read like
D:\Games\RA2\Syringe.exe "gamemd.exe" %*

where D is the hard drive letter where game resides and then underlying path to it. (correct according to your system!!!)
In the case path contains spaces or & sign you likely need to use " " on the shortcut path.

Also note to those owning the first decade YR, it is already 1.001 version.

and yes, a disk image aka ISO will also suffice for the cd-check if disk image has been properly made, emulation setting is safedisc 2/3 in daemon tools for example but directly cracked game won't do such as no-cd patch etc.

Files needed to be present for ARES to WORK are
Ares.dll
Ares.dll.inj
ares.mix
Syringe.exe

Please do note that 0.3 ARES does NOT include Syringe.exe in same package and without it you can't activate it.

Edited by Apollo, 10 June 2012 - 06:45 AM.

Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#32 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

What have I done wrong?

Have you tried setting Gamemd.exe, Syringe.exe & RunAres.bat to WinXP SP3 compatibility mode?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Guest_Meyerm_*

Guest_Meyerm_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

What have I done wrong?

Have you tried setting Gamemd.exe, Syringe.exe & RunAres.bat to WinXP SP3 compatibility mode?

Can't. It only allows me to run compatability for Windows 95, 98/Me, Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 5), and Windows 2000. I have XP.

#34 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Then you probably need the C++ Runtimes mention near the top of the page.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Guest_Meyerm_*

Guest_Meyerm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

I already downloaded and installed that though. I'll try again.

#36 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

Comodo & ZoneAlarm firewalls block Ares are you using either of them?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

I'm having a problem that when it loads I get a black screen, if I then CTL-ALT-DELETE then cancel the menu shows, but once I click something it doesn't update the image, so I C-A-D again and the next menu shows, but again won't update. What's the issue?

#38 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Does this also happen when you play the game normally, are you using a legal copy of RA2:YR patched to v1.001?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I don't know to be honest, I installed it specifically to play D-Day, yes I am, and it does the same both when running normally and with everything in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

#40 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

Try the normal game & see if it happens, are you also using a legal copy of RA2:YR too?

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users