increase command point limit in official maps

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Apparently ,i can increase them only in custom maps...how can i do to increase them in official maps?

#2 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Theoretically, couldn't you give the Fortress a CP bonus activating on complete construction? Correct me if I'm wrong, coders.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#3 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Thanks for your suggestion, if is correct, how can i do it?

p.s: You know what. I really want to build a big army And i want to fight a lot of troops, like in the film...but i see that the ia (1 ai brutal) doesnt build a lot of units...i tried now, a custom map with 5000 cp and i faced after 25 min, just 11 units at once. 3 troll 2 mumakil and 7 hordes....but i want more......i want to face really big and huge armies! Cuz i love to play in a fortress...how can i do to "teach" to ia to build huge armies?

So actually i have now 2 questions

1) The main question of my topic

2) How can i do to tell to ia to build huge armies?

Edited by vegetassj2345, 13 November 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#4 acidRain

acidRain

insane programmer

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Projects:personal mods
  •  coder, occasional skinner, and all-around game-breaker

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Well, for number two, the AI WILL build lots of units....provided it has the resources to do so. So I'd suggest boosting the resource production from your resource buildings (or shrinking the radius so that the AI can put more of them down).

For number one, the easiest way to change the CP limit is (in my mind) just to tweak it in gamedata.ini. Simple and effective.

Edited by acidRain, 13 November 2012 - 09:27 PM.

WWJBD - What Would Jack Bauer Do?

#5 vegetassj2345

vegetassj2345
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

yeah but there is a problem.

1) i changed the command point limit and yes i can buid more units but just in custom maps not in normal maps....in normal standard ea maps i have the 1000 cp limit.So my question is how can i change this limit for standard ea maps???

2) i'm not so expert in modding or better i can mod but with detalied explanations...so maybe how can i shrink the ai radius? can u tell me step by step how to do this? maybe i can also tell the ai to build 5 troll cages instead of two so with more resource buildings and more troop buildings the ai can produce a really huge amount of units? (if this is a good idea i would want also for this a step by step explanation)

Thanks for the explanation?

Edited by vegetassj2345, 14 November 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#6 Gourbish

Gourbish
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

yeah but there is a problem.

1) i changed the command point limit and yes i can buid more units but just in custom maps not in normal maps....in normal standard ea maps i have the 1000 cp limit.So my question is how can i change this limit for standard ea maps???

You could change the limit in the game. Before launching the map, allow more commandpoints in the menu.

#7 acidRain

acidRain

insane programmer

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Projects:personal mods
  •  coder, occasional skinner, and all-around game-breaker

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

You could change the limit in the game. Before launching the map, allow more commandpoints in the menu.

True. You can also enable "unlimited" command points (100X is essentially unlimited) on the in-game menu.

As to changing the radius of the resource builder, you have to go into the resource-builder code and find this:

Behavior = TerrainResourceBehavior ModuleTag_NewMoney
  Radius	 = SH_GENERIC_RESOURCE_GATHERER_RADIUS
  MaxIncome    = SH_GENERIC_RESOURCE_GATHERER_MONEY_AMOUNT
  IncomeInterval   = SH_GENERIC_RESOURCE_GATHERER_MONEY_TIME

Upgrade	 = Upgrade_MarketplaceUpgradeGrandHarvest 
  UpgradeBonusPercent  = SH_GONDOR_GRANDHARVEST_PRODUCTION_INCREASE %
  UpgradeMustBePresent = ANY +GondorMarketPlace
End

Here, I've replaced the gathering radius (the amount of space on the map that each resource-builder takes up) with my own value; I've done the same with the money amount and how much time the money takes to spawn. Every single resource builder in my mod (on good and evil sides) uses these values. To change the radius to make it smaller (the default value is 300, I think), just knock the number down to 150 or even 100. Both you and the AI will be able to put down more.

As to editing what the AI actually builds (five troll cages, for instance)...I'm not so very experienced with AI scripting. I'd advise looking up AI-scripting tutorials.
WWJBD - What Would Jack Bauer Do?

#8 Telcontar

Telcontar
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

You may be able to change the production of units by changing the base, as acidRain recommends. This is controlled in the .big file Bases. Inside there are .bse files which control what the AI builds. You can open them with Worldbuilder, though I've never tried to change them.
But I'm not sure this would solve your problem, I think the AI would just build less, as in skirmishaidata.ini there are some percentages about how much cp the AI should spend in each unit in each phase of the game.

(The sky has fallen)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users