obj_247.jpg

obj_513.jpg

#2 EnquiringStone

EnquiringStone
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Haha, awesome.

Is this gonna be in the campaign or is this just for fun ? If it is for real is 2014 gonna be the release date for the final version of Contra 008 ?

Just keep up the good work and i hope creator and team can put together the beta version for this mod.

#3 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

So no beta version this month ? Too bad i know that its a huge work and creator its alone to put it together but empty promises really hurt specially to fans that wait for YEARS

#4 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Beta is not delayed, it is scheduled as soon as possible, within few weeks.

Posted Image

#5 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Beta is not delayed, it is scheduled as soon as possible, within few weeks.

Ok sorry dont want to be rude, just the high spectations and anxiety make me write that

I know the effort that the team and specially Creator do, so my apologies again

Go Contra Team !!!! Show us some REAL RTS GAME

Edited by Legion2012, 24 February 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#6 Nutella

Nutella
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Please release it as soon as possible ! I am waiting it for like 3 years and your contra mod is the best that C&C ZH knows at this time. Keep up the good work ;)

#7 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

i guess this has something to do with cyber gen?

or some alien like faction for 1.0?

keep up!

#8 Ant the Gord

Ant the Gord
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

:blink:

That was my first reaction to seeing this.

Where is my paper bag? :omg:

This looks like an ENTIRELY different view on Generals, it's like: First, let's make Generals AWESOME! Next, Let's update the mod that made Generals AWESOME. And the Piece De Resistance: Aliens.

You guys are awesome...  Awesome mod, Awesome team, Awesome features... Just pure and totally awesome! :grin:

Aliens Ftw!!! :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Oh, and by the way, dcesarec, could you send me some awesome wallpapers (1440x900 resolution) that promote Contra (either 007, or 008) I want to show it off to my friends when I'm at college. :thumbsupsmiley:  Pm me and I'll give you an e-mail address for you to send to. (I don't want to put my e-mail up for everyone here to see)

Edited by Ant the Gord, 28 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Can you dance like Kirby!

<(-_-<)     ^( -_- )^     (>-_-)>

#9 ROFLsaucecopternot

ROFLsaucecopternot
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Thats so Attractive. :D

#10 RTScommand

RTScommand
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

With the right tools/software on what you guys are useing i can convert what i have created and be able to hopefully join your team. since mod 007, I have been trying to find your updates. I have been a fan, but theres always room for improvment. at last I have been woundering when 008 is going to come out. And have seen you updates, that is why i would like to say I have some material i would like to offer. I have fix some other bugs in you mod, I have crated 12 new maps that are steller even though 2 of them have a couple gliches, 3 new units for each commander with in reason, and 2 new buildings for each team- yes nuke gen. too. and i would like to finaly contribute them to you. I know i have changed my profile name, that is cause i have been out of tuch for a wile, but like i said this one of my faverate hobbies. And I have been working on this for over a year now, so this is for real. need to find a way to get in tuch with you. I play and do map editing for all RTS games. Not just skirmish, but missions to so i can help you make an entire campaig. give me a story line and direction you want to go, and I'll go to work for you. And not only that but I'm trying to find the best contributer soon, so i can make a donation of $2,500.00 to get and keep this project going. Also i can and will if you want sapport a host website for downloading. that is withing the leagal guidlines of course. Hope to here from one of you soon. P.S. these things will not work without contra and are spacificaly made for contra.

Edited by RTScommand, 05 March 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#11 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

With the right tools/software on what you guys are useing i can convert what i have created and be able to hopefully join your team. since mod 007, I have been trying to find your updates. I have been a fan, but theres always room for improvment. at last I have been woundering when 008 is going to come out. And have seen you updates, that is why i would like to say I have some material i would like to offer. I have fix some other bugs in you mod, I have crated 12 new maps that are steller even though 2 of them have a couple gliches, 3 new units for each commander with in reason, and 2 new buildings for each team- yes nuke gen. too. and i would like to finaly contribute them to you. I know i have changed my profile name, that is cause i have been out of tuch for a wile, but like i said this one of my faverate hobbies. And I have been working on this for over a year now, so this is for real. need to find a way to get in tuch with you. I play and do map editing for all RTS games. Not just skirmish, but missions to so i can help you make an entire campaig. give me a story line and direction you want to go, and I'll go to work for you. And not only that but I'm trying to find the best contributer soon, so i can make a donation of $2,500.00 to get and keep this project going. Also i can and will if you want sapport a host website for downloading. that is withing the leagal guidlines of course. Hope to here from one of you soon. P.S. these things will not work without contra and are spacificaly made for contra.

You will have to show some pictures of the stuff that you have made, and descriptions for them. We cant insert everything, something which is not needed or would screw the balance cant be inserted. So, you need to show us first. Also, with this we will see how skilled are you, too.

Posted Image

#12 RTScommand

RTScommand
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Im not to skilled to be truthfull I'm more about desing. Once I get this to "Creator" you guys can help me chose wich way to go with it. And I definatly try to Make things within reason. Like I told him No one team should be dominate, where's the strategy in that? I'm Also trying to help him with something else too, but we will see where that goes. And all I need is direction and a way to get the files to him for now, cause I'm temporaly on hold awaiting a new computer. And don't want to do it on the one for work. Plus it would be cool to see what you have been up too, unless that is all your willing to disclaim on this wall? IDK the hole team yet Creator has yet to mention you.And I'm not at all trying to be mean eather, I'm just try to work together on things. You make me Qustion how i should be talking too.

P.S. My education in bussiness management, Arctecture & Desing, and Computer programing helps. but I have always been more creative than anything, hense my invention I have been trying to gather the resorces for a brand new wind turbine 4x more powerfull than any of it's predisessors. the last offer i got on it was for $300,000.00 but I'm not selling out. that is why I'll stick to what I'm doing for now, And like i said before this is a hobbie of mine on the side.

Edited by RTScommand, 13 March 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#13 WodkaGT

WodkaGT
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

SCP eh? :D

#14 Ant the Gord

Ant the Gord
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hey, I have a question/suggestion. I do not expect, nor even request you guys try to implement it, as that would delay the release of the beta. But, have you guys ever considered maybe giving the infantry general a soldier that cannot be crushed? Maybe he carries a big shield, cant be crushed, and he's good vs. buildings? And he's equipped with either a short-range gun or he just bashes things with his shield. It's just an idea, but I've noticed that ALL of the infantry generals units are easily killed just by getting a lot of units that are fast and can crush infantry. Maybe having these guys at the front lines will make Infantry Generals infantry more survivable.

Anyways, it was just a suggestion, but consider it maybe for 009? Not for 008 though, as everyone is drooling in anticipation for the beta.

But, that was all I was wondering.

Excited about 008, but patiently waiting,

Ant

#15 S.Cohen

S.Cohen
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

...giving the infantry general a soldier that cannot be crushed? Maybe he carries a big shield, cant be crushed, and he's good vs. buildings? And he's equipped with either a short-range gun or he just bashes things with his shield. It's just an idea,

:w00t:  LOL! You just made my day.

Maybe you just made up a new competitor to the Shaitan.

Edited by S.Cohen, 22 March 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#16 Ant the Gord

Ant the Gord
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well, I was just playing Contra the other day, and I was playing as the Infantry general. I love the Infantry general, but as I was playing, I noticed that his infantry are just too squishy... (literally) and with enough tanks, the Tank general can just roll over my forces... (again, literally) I know that they have tried their best to balance this mod, and Heaven forbid I suggest a unit that would destroy this balance, but the Infantry general just doesn't have the anti-tank firepower to counter a full-on large-scale tank rush. I do love using the upgraded tank hunters, though. They can quickly reduce a tank to a pile of scrap, but with enough tanks, they can very well be overwhelmed. Besides that, I just figure it may be one of the (hopefully) many new units we may get when 009 comes out. As I have previously mentioned, I don't want them to attempt to implement it in 008, because I WANT IT NOW! :wink_new: 

But, as I also said. I am in no hurry.

#17 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

One strategy used with infantry general in online games is this: load troop crawlers with infantry, attack tanks. Enemy will force his anti tank wehicles on your tc-s, then you unload them. Infantry will deal with them in few seconds. One more thing too. If you are fast enough, order them to place tnt charges, with this they will avoid crushing and even destroy tanks. Inf general needs micro, but it wins most of the tanks.
Posted Image

#18 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Sounds like good stuff guys....

#19 S.Cohen

S.Cohen
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Putting a hacker into a troop carrier (the assault version or the one with the gatling cannon) will work miracles too. As you know, the hacker has the ability to disable tanks, and the range at which he can use this ability is quite long, beyond the range of most tank cannons, in fact. It'll certainly outrange everything that tank general has apart from those troop crawler sniper guns. Also, never engage the enemy directly when using troop crawlers. They're simply too costly and too fragile to use them in that manner. Instead, force the enemy to attack your troop crawlers, tactically retreat, watch the hackers disable enemy tanks from range, then move in to destroy the attackers. My typical infantry assault force consists of:

-One assault troop crawler with 2 gatling gunners and 6 TH

-One gatling version of the crawler with thee TH's and one hacker

-An ecm tank.

assign this group to a number, then press cntrl + f so they'll all move at the same speed. The ecm tank can deviate missles, while the troop crawlers can pretty much finish anything else. Deploying some howitzers to cover your crawler advance is a pretty good idea too. And don't forget that infantry general has the second best defenses in the game. Use bunkers - which can be built quickly - to create forward outposts and reinforcement points. Built a propaganda tower next to it so you can heal any damaged units. A howitzer or two will ensure that you can counter potential enemy artillery fire.

Inf. general really is one of the better generals in this mod. We don't need units that can magically destroy tanks with a shield, no matter how funny it is.

#20 Ant the Gord

Ant the Gord
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

One strategy used with infantry general in online games is this: load troop crawlers with infantry, attack tanks. Enemy will force his anti tank wehicles on your tc-s, then you unload them. Infantry will deal with them in few seconds. One more thing too. If you are fast enough, order them to place tnt charges, with this they will avoid crushing and even destroy tanks. Inf general needs micro, but it wins most of the tanks.

Well, I have actually never tried this tactic before, but will certainly attempt. And yeah, it seems like the only way to be really good with him is to be able to micro-manage very good... (kind of like with stealth general)

Putting a hacker into a troop carrier (the assault version or the one with the gatling cannon) will work miracles too. As you know, the hacker has the ability to disable tanks, and the range at which he can use this ability is quite long, beyond the range of most tank cannons, in fact. It'll certainly outrange everything that tank general has apart from those troop crawler sniper guns. Also, never engage the enemy directly when using troop crawlers. They're simply too costly and too fragile to use them in that manner. Instead, force the enemy to attack your troop crawlers, tactically retreat, watch the hackers disable enemy tanks from range, then move in to destroy the attackers. My typical infantry assault force consists of:

-One assault troop crawler with 2 gatling gunners and 6 TH

-One gatling version of the crawler with thee TH's and one hacker

-An ecm tank.

assign this group to a number, then press cntrl + f so they'll all move at the same speed. The ecm tank can deviate missles, while the troop crawlers can pretty much finish anything else. Deploying some howitzers to cover your crawler advance is a pretty good idea too. And don't forget that infantry general has the second best defenses in the game. Use bunkers - which can be built quickly - to create forward outposts and reinforcement points. Built a propaganda tower next to it so you can heal any damaged units. A howitzer or two will ensure that you can counter potential enemy artillery fire.

Inf. general really is one of the better generals in this mod. We don't need units that can magically destroy tanks with a shield, no matter how funny it is.

You know, I actually forgot that the hacker can disable vehicles, lol. That thing about tactically retreating: "We are not retreating, we are simply advancing in the opposite direction." lol jk, I do get what you mean, I have noticed that I need some work on my tactics with other generals. (I mostly use the "attack in force" type of tactics) I know how to assign units and formations, but I never thought to take the Superweapon general's approach to it, lol. That's a very good idea for the reason you mentioned. (the bunkers are quick to make) not to mention that the Minigunners will tear aircrafts to shreds!

But yeah, I get what you guys mean. Remember, it was just an idea! :wink_new:  Just thought since you guys have enough unique units, another for consideration, you know...

Anyways. Good luck with the finishing touches on the mod guys. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they released it on April fools day? :lol:  But don't rush, take your time to make an excellent mod guys! :thumbsuphappy:

Regards,

Ant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users