#1 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Post any feedback about Contra here.

Edited by predator_bg, 05 March 2016 - 12:33 PM.

#2 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Projects:Learning...
  •  Evils are not born. Evils are made.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Thank You Creator (and the Project Team of course) for this awesome mod!

Let me tell you about some of my remarks after playing the Beta for several hours...

Superweapon General

The Good: Web Defence is awesome! Also the cheaper choppers are welcome too, cheaper soldiers are perfect combined with Valanx, the Armored Dozer will be our favourite. Saturn is the ultimate choice for SWG as a Super Unit (however it doesn't considered in the game as a Super Unit)

The Bad: Valanx still has the Hummvee picture if you select it. Web Defence designator can designate buildings, but Ion Cannon doesn't attack it. Ion Cannon hits targets in designator's vision range, however they're not in attack range.

The Ugly: Dozers (the conventional ones) are too slow; it's okay after researching the Hybrid Engine, but til that they are fast as a Worker (and it's not cheap to upgrade the speed of the Dozers). USA starting economy is still freaking expensive (from 10k you have to spend 2000+1200 on a Supply) compared to GLA or China. You have build a Saturn to build Blackout and from that the EMP ugrade...why?

Air Force General

The Good: Stryker family is welcome, Coyote is quite worth it's cost (and looks better than MCV), Pave Low is a dangerous foe if played well. General's powers are usefull, Commanche is a bit costlier but it worth it's cost. Cheaper soldiers are good here too, and Raptor's Frog Missile is the hell for enemy aircraft...

The Bad: Laser Guided Missiles upgrade is missing. The missiles of F-18 don't retarget (is it a bug? I don't like to waste 20 missiles on a single tank, while there are 10 more targets nearby).

The Ugly: Slow Dozers. Colossus doesn't attack targets on it's full range. Still very expensive.

Cyber General

The Good: fast and deadly, as always (I like it). The new models rock! I think the most visual changes done to Cyber and it's awesome! The Crab/Spider/Dominator are quite powerfull, the Barracks' drop pods are welcome. The planes are usefull, I like the General's powers, the new voices, the new units.

The Bad: Cyber Commando can't attack targets near him (within 1/3 of his range), Raven drone is too small, Cluster Tomahawk power is missing.

The Ugly: Seraphim has still the Fafnir name and model. Nemesis is too expensive, doesn't worth it's cost. You need at least 4 of them to be effective.

Poison General

The Good: new infantry models, Scorpion is upgraded by default, I like the new Karakourt Engine upgrade. The new General's powers are quite usefull with combination of the Chemical Bunkers...

The Bad: the Toxin and Acid upgrades went to the Chemical Bunker...why? Chemical Bunkers should have a selfdustruct button to contaminate a large area with toxins (otherwise I have to Ctrl+attack my own Bunker to this). Luna doesn't have Toxic missile option.

The Ugly: Crop Duster is useless....even in large numbers; they can't destroy even a War Factory while they're cut down by a simple AA vechicle in matter of seconds. They have a surprise effect, but nobody will use them. Bomb Trucks don't bring any damage and not stealth=Useless. They spill their poisons and...the enemy simply walks away. They won't bring serious harm to anything. If they were stealth OR they bring explosion damage, it will be enough (I don't want to overpower them).

To be continued...

#3 woxenrud

woxenrud
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Some bugs:

Hybrid Engine upgrade says "this dozer" even though it affects all dozers.
Toxic gen RPG trooper speak English.

Suan Ni says it holds 10 soldiers, but it only holds 7.

Some opinions:

Assault Troop Transport is too slow for being a transport only vehicle.

Stealth and laser general doesn't seem as well made as the other generals. Suggestions:

Make quad cannon, bomb truck or both more unique for the stealth general. Make camo netting default on defense structures.

Give laser gen some extra infantry or Aircraft, he only got two normal infantry and one plane and one helicopter.

#4 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Thank You Creator (and the Project Team of course) for this awesome mod!

Let me tell you about some of my remarks after playing the Beta for several hours...

Superweapon General

The Good: Web Defence is awesome! Also the cheaper choppers are welcome too, cheaper soldiers are perfect combined with Valanx, the Armored Dozer will be our favourite. Saturn is the ultimate choice for SWG as a Super Unit (however it doesn't considered in the game as a Super Unit)

The Bad: Valanx still has the Hummvee picture if you select it. Web Defence designator can designate buildings, but Ion Cannon doesn't attack it. Ion Cannon hits targets in designator's vision range, however they're not in attack range.

The Ugly: Dozers (the conventional ones) are too slow; it's okay after researching the Hybrid Engine, but til that they are fast as a Worker (and it's not cheap to upgrade the speed of the Dozers). USA starting economy is still freaking expensive (from 10k you have to spend 2000+1200 on a Supply) compared to GLA or China. You have build a Saturn to build Blackout and from that the EMP ugrade...why?

Air Force General

The Good: Stryker family is welcome, Coyote is quite worth it's cost (and looks better than MCV), Pave Low is a dangerous foe if played well. General's powers are usefull, Commanche is a bit costlier but it worth it's cost. Cheaper soldiers are good here too, and Raptor's Frog Missile is the hell for enemy aircraft...

The Bad: Laser Guided Missiles upgrade is missing. The missiles of F-18 don't retarget (is it a bug? I don't like to waste 20 missiles on a single tank, while there are 10 more targets nearby).

The Ugly: Slow Dozers. Colossus doesn't attack targets on it's full range. Still very expensive.

Cyber General

The Good: fast and deadly, as always (I like it). The new models rock! I think the most visual changes done to Cyber and it's awesome! The Crab/Spider/Dominator are quite powerfull, the Barracks' drop pods are welcome. The planes are usefull, I like the General's powers, the new voices, the new units.

The Bad: Cyber Commando can't attack targets near him (within 1/3 of his range), Raven drone is too small, Cluster Tomahawk power is missing.

The Ugly: Seraphim has still the Fafnir name and model. Nemesis is too expensive, doesn't worth it's cost. You need at least 4 of them to be effective.

Poison General

The Good: new infantry models, Scorpion is upgraded by default, I like the new Karakourt Engine upgrade. The new General's powers are quite usefull with combination of the Chemical Bunkers...

The Bad: the Toxin and Acid upgrades went to the Chemical Bunker...why? Chemical Bunkers should have a selfdustruct button to contaminate a large area with toxins (otherwise I have to Ctrl+attack my own Bunker to this). Luna doesn't have Toxic missile option.

The Ugly: Crop Duster is useless....even in large numbers; they can't destroy even a War Factory while they're cut down by a simple AA vechicle in matter of seconds. They have a surprise effect, but nobody will use them. Bomb Trucks don't bring any damage and not stealth=Useless. They spill their poisons and...the enemy simply walks away. They won't bring serious harm to anything. If they were stealth OR they bring explosion damage, it will be enough (I don't want to overpower them).

To be continued...

I just agree with cyber comando bug as well as with description/cameo bugs you noticed. Other changes were made for balance.

Some bugs:

Hybrid Engine upgrade says "this dozer" even though it affects all dozers.
Toxic gen RPG trooper speak English.

Suan Ni says it holds 10 soldiers, but it only holds 7.

Some opinions:

Assault Troop Transport is too slow for being a transport only vehicle.

Stealth and laser general doesn't seem as well made as the other generals. Suggestions:

Make quad cannon, bomb truck or both more unique for the stealth general. Make camo netting default on defense structures.

Give laser gen some extra infantry or Aircraft, he only got two normal infantry and one plane and one helicopter.

Suan Ni holds 10 soldiers. But ATGMs take 2 places.

Edited by Creator, 02 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#5 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

I have a question, sorry if i placed it incorrectly.

Can i used the music pack of Contra 007 ? If yes,  where must be located ?

Edited by Legion2012, 05 April 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#6 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

Well i rename the music pack of Contra 006 that is available for download in your homepage to !Contra008Music.big and works !!

Dont know if there are another suitable way to have some music ingame.

By the way, someone can post a link to a full Generals and Zero hour original music pack ?? 

Tks in advance

Go Contra Team !!!!

Edited by Legion2012, 05 April 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#7 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

I have a question, sorry if i placed it incorrectly.

Can i used the music pack of Contra 007 ? If yes,  where must be located ?

Yes.

Just put it to Zero Hour folder.

Well i rename the music pack of Contra 006 that is available for download in your homepage to !Contra008Music.big and works !!

Dont know if there are another suitable way to have some music ingame.

By the way, someone can post a link to a full Generals and Zero hour original music pack ?? 

Tks in advance

Go Contra Team !!!!

Renaming is not needed. It will work no matter the name.

Original music will play if you delete all music packs.

#8 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Tks for answer.

Like i say before Contra 008 Best RTS of the moment even Beta (Starcraft Heart of the Swarm dissapointed me AGAIN and Cnc Generals 2 dont have much future if they continue with online and stuff like CnC 4).

Waiting for Update and Coop mission !!!!!!

Great work everyone specially you Creator as ALL say !!!

#9 woxenrud

woxenrud
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Time for some feedback part 2.

Bugs:

Saturn sometimes turns invisible when standing still

Improved Hydraulics upgrade contains several spelling errors

Laser Guided Missiles tooltip doesnt include Pegasus

Robo Raptor is stealthed, dont know if tooltip is missing or its a bug since he already have a stealthed Aircraft

Katyusha and Karkadann still speak English

Haft III Missile says Elbrus Storm in countdown text

Uranium Shells for tank general needs a tooltip update, it says battlemaster and overlord

Opinions:

Having Saturn to build Blackout missile system doesnt really make sense

Nuke gen's general powers could use an overhaul, since they are very bland and doesnt fit his theme

Possible to make clicking infantry easier? Playing on high res makes it really hard to click those terrorists!

I personally dont like the unlimited supply stash idea, maybe it could work if you cut the income from gatherers in half. The average game where you get about 2 supply stashes, a black market/supply drop/hackers and 1-2 oil derricks, you get far more money than you can possibly spend, unless you build like 4 war factories and spam units 24/7, but I dont think anyone like that game style.

Might as well throw in some positive things too.

The balance (generals, units, unit costs etc.) is exceptionally well made, and I havent had any moment thinking "wow this is overpowered", or "damn this thing is weak" (except maybe inf gen's transports as mentioned earlier).

Free but slow built angry mob is an interesting concept that I like.

The Arabic and Chinese voices is another thing I really like, now I dont need to listen to the unrealisticly calm Chinese bulldozer guy anymore.

#10 Jangoak474

Jangoak474
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

I have experienced a few bugs myself (only playing against the A.I. at the moment)

1.) Sometimes when playing with multiple coms, some won't spawn at all.

2.)Coms won't build sometimes (idle)

3.) Coms won't rebuild structures or repair them.

Those are the only two bugs that I've experienced that haven't been reported yet.

Things I find OP

1.) The unlimited range on the Ion cannons that that super weapons general has ( the defensive structure) you can easily mass them and overwhelm everything.

2.) I don't if intended, but the Terminator unit, remains stealthed at ALL times, like he does everything and the Coms wont do anything about it.

#11 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Laser general in generals challenge retain the old: CANT BE DEFEATED even when destroy everything in the map.

Any idea of a  little fix like in Contra 007 ??

#12 Vint

Vint
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

Some feedback from me:

---

All unit, upgrade, buidling, etc names don't show up properly when highlighted - they just show up as a string of code such as "MISSING:CyberGeneralInfanty" (this is just an example from memory). This might be a problem with a bad installation.

Music doesn't play in-game (except in campaign and in Challenge) even after installing the Logined Music pack and renaming it to "008" - music plays on victory/defeat, or on the loading screen before a skirmish, but not in game.

USA and GLA campaign's can be launched, but the game crashes with 'serious error' when trying to launch the China campaign

The Arabic and Chinese voices are an interesting addition, but are too annoying and 'fast talking', and they don't fit their respective units well (ex. the GLA worker now sounds 'badass' - the Chinese tank hunter sounds 'wimpier' than the Red Guard, etc) and don't have the 'flavor' of the typical voices . Hopefully there will be an option later on to revert to the typical English voices.

Some GLA/Chinese units still use English voices (GLA Katyushka, etc)

I'd like to see the original "comical" General portraits back, or at least have an option to switch between them and the default portraits

---

*Some of the USA unit voices could use adjustment - ex. the Valanx still addresses itself as "Humvee". Cyber General's supply gatherer could use a more 'robotic' voice - the typical Chinook voice doesn't seem to fit as much. Air Force General's Pave Low's voice sounds a little too sinister - this voice might fit a unit like the Guan Yu better. There are likely other examples too.

*The 'agonizing scream' voice when some USA vehicles are destroyed needs to be toned down, it's way too shrill and (especially if several vehicles are destroyed all at once) it's very unpleasant on the ears.

*(This might be my imagination but) I noticed blood when Cyber General's infantry were shot, this should be removed, seeing as they're robots.

*In 007, I recall that Air Force Generals' "VTOL-style" airfield would actually show the planes hovering off the ground before flying off into the air - however in 008, the planes just rocket straight off the ground into the air, which looks very awkward.

*Cyber General's "Robo Raptor" really needs a better name, especially since it doesn't look anything like an F-22 Raptor.

*I agree about the supply piles' resources being too high - you could start the match off by just building 6 supply trucks/chinooks or 20 workers and have more supplies than you could ever spend for the rest of the entire match, plus it pretty much makes your alternate income option and oil derricks redundant.

*The concept of having to rank up to build more powerful units is really cool - but I wish there was a way to toggle this on/off and allow all units at rank 1 - I might want to test out all of a factions' units to get a feel for them without having to battle the AI and rank all the way up to 5 just to unlock all of my units/buildings.

---

Overall I'm very impressed and see a lot of potential here, I'll stay updated.

Edited by Vint, 08 April 2013 - 01:29 AM.

#13 woxenrud

woxenrud
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I have played through every general now and here is the last part of my feedback.

Bugs:

Demo gen's rebel has both english and arabic voice.

Dark Star has no access button on the right side of the screen like the other aircraft.

Defilers toxin defiling and acid defiling have an access button on the right side of the screen for no reason.

Acid defiling's (from defiler) icon is the same as acid polution, but only on the access button.

The defiler's abilities is targetable like general powers even though they dont reach the targeted position, while the bunker's abilities that does the same thing does not have this bug though.

Opinions:

Karakourt has too much trouble against base defenses, it can barely take out a single annihilator.

Cyber gen's patriots and flame gen's flamethrowers are stealth by default while stealth gen's base defenses (which are weaker) are not, should be the other way around imo.

I dont know the reason for the building icons order, but I think they should be sorted by either rank 1, 3 and 5 buildings, or by type (production, tech, base defense) to make it easier for new players to find what they need faster.

Edited by woxenrud, 09 April 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#14 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

As I said, I'm back and I played with all factions. I'm very satisfied, however I found bugs/balance problems and things, that may be better. I'm not here do blame anyone's work, I just can't avoid to say some suggestions.

USA

Super Weapon General's Web Defence is too powerfull. It may have longer reload time, or more energy consuption in exchange. If a player can mass 10+ Ion Cannons, it can tear down any Chinese ground force...

Super Weapon's Saturn isn't marked on the map as other Super Units.

Valanx's TOW Missile can be fired at infantry. It's only a waste.

When Laser General's Omega Cannon ranks up, it gains a "free" shot (in Plasma Bolt mode)

China

Infantry General's Tank Hunters have a graphical bug: they look like they fire from their toes. On some terrain the missiles crush in the ground because of it.

Old radiation graphics...why? It's very annoying when I can't see the borders of the radiation field, and my units accidently step into it.

Infantry General's Mobile Barracks crushes the game by an unknown reason.

Nuke General's Hadron Collider can be detonated earlier, I don't know how did I do that...

Infantry General's Shandian sometimes must "land" but infantry can get out while it reaches the ground.

GLA

Toxin General's Neutralizer upgrade doesn't work correctly. When it is researched it should give immunity to your own poisons. But if a vehicle/infantry stays in a own toxin pool, it will continue damaging your own troops, however the upgrade was ready...after works correctly.

Toxin Rebels sometimes doesn't attack their target (without the upgrade), just run towards it.

Moto Suiciders launch themselves into space when exploding.

Stealth Generals' Gun Buggy can prevent the attack of aircrafts, except Commache

Karkadann's salvage upgrade doesn't make any visual change on the vehicle.

GLA 2nd mission is impossible to win.

Sneak Attack doesn't work if you want it to make a Tunnel on an island (can't reach construction site?).

I'll keep playing with this awesome mod...and I'll help to find out many bugs as possible.

#15 Vint

Vint
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Post any feedback about 008 Beta here.

I'll go ahead and post a more detailed feedback here now that i've played as all the generals at least once. If I repeat myself on anything please excuse that. I've played as every general, however I haven't played or tested every unit since this requires reaching rank 5.

Overall issues

*The excessive resources from supply stashes is probably the most gamebreaking issue. Now you can basically just build 5-6 gatherers (or 20+ GLA workers) and never have to worry about supplies no matter how many units you produce - it also makes alternate income and oil derricks virtually pointless, unless you play a game that's so long you actually manage to spend $300,000-600,000 worth of supplies.

*Having a Skirmish option to allow all units/buildings at Rank 1 would be nice (combine this with the "tournament mode option that allows unlimited super units). I wasn't able to test out everything in the game because I didn't have time to play a full match as each faction and get up to Rank 5 just to test out all their units.

*If possible, it would be nice to eventually see updated unit cameos for units which have been redesigned. (Ex. Red Guards, Tank hunters, etc). I really like the new Chinese infantry models in particular, however the old Zero Hour cameos now look too different. It'd also be nice to have the option to restore the 'comical' Generals portraits at some point.

*Some graphics and models look lower quality than others (ex. the Nemesis' pink lasers). Eventually it would be nice if they could all be brought to the same quality.

*Overall the balance is pretty good, though I did notice a few balance issues as well as some slightly redundant units (ex. Air Force General has 6 separate planes which all have the same basic function of attacking ground targets (F16 XL, Hornet, F35, Aurora, Chimera, Wyvern) - it'd be nice to eventually polish out all balance issues, and make all of the units more unique so you don't get the feeling that a lot of units are basically the same in function, just with different models and slightly different stats and prices.

USA

Overall

*Thor Gunship model is still Comanche for Super Weapon and Laser generals

*Valanx voice still says "Humvee"

*The non-laser versions of the Avenger still say attack lines like "commencing light array, initiating laser strike", if I recall right.

*The 'screaming voice' when USA vehicles are destroyed needs to be toned down or replaced because it is too loud and shrieking, and when several are killed at once, it is painful on the ears.

Air Force

*F-16XL seems overpowered for the price, it's range and damage are very good, yet it only costs $900 (the same as the FA-18 Hornet).

*Too many of Air Force generals' planes have similar functions (F16, Aurora, F35, etc) - it'd be nice if eventually they were designed to be a little more unique, rather than having the same basic functions, with slightly different stats/prices.

*The Spartan paratoop plane needs a new model. Having a propeller driven cargo play fly as fast as jets seems pretty absurd - the same with giving it the Stealth upgrade since it's design isn't stealthy at all. A new model (more stealthy, with jet engines ) would be in order. Here's a few ideas:

Northropcargowing1-490x371.jpg

2beedba8-b6ed-4b5c-8efd-2e2e491ec13e.Ful

*Some of the aircrafts' death voices don't match the default voice (such as the Chimera, Hornet, F16XL, etc). It would be better to just remove the death voices if a matching voice isn't available.

*When Super Weapon is built, the "Strategic Bombing" text is not capitalized.

*The Strategic Bombing structure is still identified as "Particle cannon" by the factions' in game notifications

*A few unit voices (the Hydra, and the F35 JSF/Pave Low) don't fit too well. The Hydra voice sounds more like a GLA or China unit voice, and the JSF and Pave Low shouldn't both use the same voice (which sounds too bombastic and sinister). Give the JSF a different voice, and swap the Chimera and Pave Low voices for example - and this would fit better.

*Overall the Air Force general feels a little overpowered (at least in single player Skirmish), mainly due to being able to instantly call all of a certain aircraft with a single button click. I'm not sure what could be done about this (I don't feel the need to remove this feature), but maybe there should be an airfield limit or a limit of each type of aircraft - I'm uncertain about this (and of course it would apply to all generals, not just Air Force). Though this may only be an issue because of the excessive amount of resources available from supply stashes.
---

Super Weapon

*Giving her EMP mines almost feels overpowered, considering her already-powerful defenses.

*The Web Defense system with Ion cannon upgrade seems to have excessive range - after creating one it was able to hit enemy units from nearly half of a small map.

*ICBM model should be redesigned. As it is, it's just a standard Chinese Nuclear missile with a USA logo slapped on it. And the "silo" is just the Particle cannon bay. Very sloppy design (though of course this is a stock model designed by EA, not the Contra team).

*Her other super weapons are still identified as *Particle Cannon* by in game notifications

Laser

*Give the Laser Tank a more unique name (such as "Excalibur"), and remove any "Laser Crusader" replics - since the standard Crusader tank no longer appears in the game that I know of. The same with the laser Paladin (if it still exists - I can't recall).

Cyber

*Old Barracks model is still in use

*Harbinger supply gatherer still uses regular Chinook voice (should have a more appropriate voice, seeing as it is a drone)

*Robo Raptor could use a better name

*When a Robo Raptor shoots ground units they get blasted up into the air - this looks silly and should be fixed.

*Drone infantry still make a 'choking' voice when dying from toxins. This should be removed (along with radiation and fire death voices) since they are drones. Any blood effects when drones are attacked should be removed too.

*Cyber General's helicopter-style units should have a new voice - the "Afterburners on!" line does not fit, because they aren't planes and don't use afterburners

*Terminator is still identified as "Col Burton" when detected. This is true whether playing as or against Cyber General.

*Fafnir clips through the top of the War Factor when it is created. This could be avoided by giving Cyber General's war factory a new design (such as a medal bay door which the units rise out of from underground).

China

Overall

*Bring back the old radiation design from 007.

Nuclear

*Nuclear Storm could use a new design - having the missiles just sit out in the open and not explode even when the structure is being bombarded looks a little silly. If some kind of bay door was over the missiles, and didn't open until the countdown timer reached "0", this would be a big improvement.

*Tank Hunter name should be changed to "Nuke Hunter", since his version is now an all-purpose ground attacker, and not specifically used against tanks/vehicles.

*White Dragon will return to an airfield if you order it to attack a specific unit - the only want to keep it constantly in the air is to set it to 'guard' - there should be some way to fix this, since it has no need to return to the airfield except for repairs. A way to fix this might be to have it not land on the airfield at all (to repair it, it would just be moved near the airfield) - this is similar to the design of the Harrier unit in the Rise of the Reds mod.

*Hadron Collier should be made to be mobile (like the Saturn) so that it would actually have more practical use in-game. The likelihood of being able to use a dozer to build it close enough to your enemy's base to actually do any damage is pretty much nonexistent.

Tank

*When Guan Yu uses its 'invulnerability mode', it can still be healed with propaganda or sent to a war factory for repairs. There needs to be a way to make sure that it cannot be healed faster than its health drains, or it will become too strong.

*The Bixi description says that it transports "Overlord Class tanks", but the Overlord has been renamed, so it should just say it transports "Super Heavy tanks". The same with the "Emperor drop" ability, since the tank is no longer called an Emperor.

*The Shaker artillery sends infantry flying way too high into the air when it attacks (off the top off the screen)

Infantry

*The standard Troop Crawler and the "IFV" are too identical in functions - instead of having them as two separate units, just make them 1 unit, and have the Speaker tower and Gatling cannon become purchasable upgrades.

*Troop Crawler speed is a little slow.

*The Mini Gunner model (before the Minigun upgrade) looks like it's holding a shotgun, not a machine gun.

Flame

*Some type of Tier II napalm upgrade (with a dark red flame) would be nice - it'd be nice to see the Flame general actually be able to use red flames.

*The "Atmospheric Lens" super weapon is misspelled on the countdown screen - it is spelled "lenz" but should be "Lens", and is not capitalized.

GLA

Overall

*Most of the new unit designs don't have visible Salvage upgrades (ex. the Salvage simply upgrades their veterancy). It would be nice to see visible Salvage upgrades eventually implemented for the new units and models.

*The Mobile Supply Truck camo looks like a Chinese unit (I believe the unit itself is a re-colored Chinese unit which was scrapped from Zero Hour)

*Angry Mob's build time is way too long, even for a free unit - you'd have to designate 1 separate building strictly for the production of angry mobs in order for them to have any use now

Demo

*Buildable land mines are too powerful, and make demo traps completely useless in comparison (I'm not sure if they're visible to enemies or not). Have the land mines deployable via a General's power (like the Chinese mine drop) instead, or have the mines only buildable around Juhziz's buildings, or something.

*Airfield could use a new model - the current one is too boxy and the design and colors clash too much with the GLA's other structures.

*Juhziz's 2 suicide planes still speak English.

*It'd be nicer to have Juhziz's Zipper (and his other suicide plane, I forgot the name) be able to do something other than just suicide attacks. Give them a gun and allow them to strafe at targets without having to land (similar to the Desert Fly in Shockwave or Interceptor in Rise of the Reds) - and give them the Suicide option as an alternate attack mode. Also, just merge them into one plane, or give them both a more unique ability rather than have 1 just for attacking aircraft and one just for attacking ground, etc

*Juhziz's Luna Launcher has a weird "fan effect" when launching the missile - I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but I had assumed this affect was meant for the Rig Launcher which launches a spinning drill.

Toxin

*If you zoom in closely on Toxin rebels (before the Toxin hose upgrade), their model looks like it's holding a regular gun instead of a toxin sprayer - also the toxin bubbles look like they come out from above the gun, rather than from the gun itself.

*Karakourt name doesn't seem to mean anything, so I'm not sure if it was a misspelling of "Karakorum".

*Crop Dusters should be built at an airfield, not a war factory

Stealth

*Give him stealthed defenses to start with, rather than forcing him to purchase the stealth upgrade for each defense.

*Super unit still speaks English.

Assault

*Temple of Jihad still says "Elbrus Storm" in the countdown bar

*Assault General's super unit still speaks English

Edited by Vint, 14 April 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#16 JJSax

JJSax
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Bug report: I have tried many times to play as a robot general vs. poison general on "mountain fox", but it crashes.

Feedback: I agree with some of the things that Vint said.  The resources in the supply depot needs to come down, perhap you could make it regen resources slowly over time,

I love the idea of making it possible to make all units available at rank one by an option.  Testing out generals is a bit hard right now.  Perhaps make a general that doesn't really build or anything, just makes some units here and there that are easy to kill and give lots of xp.  That would be much easier than editing the GUI.

The only option worth playing is the "insane enemy" because hard and very hard are just slow and painfully easy.  it takes a very long time to rank with those ones.

"Insane enemy" flame general surrenders immediately.  (I tried on mountain fox map, unsure of any other generals so far)

The chinese speak in chinese (as far as I know, I don't speak chinese)  So I don't understand them.  I think they should speak english (in the english version obviously).  a few sound effects are in english like "they are attacking our base".

The nuke general doesn't seem to have any defensive structures.  they should have some.

I think you should be able to zoom out more, though if you raise the value too much, you will be able to see borders around your camera, so it cant be up too high, unfortunately.

I'm running into a few random crashes, that very well may be a result of windows 7 incompatibility with the game, but it is making it hard to do testing.

Also, amazing mod!!! Great work!

#17 Vint

Vint
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Feedback: I agree with some of the things that Vint said.  The resources in the supply depot needs to come down, perhap you could make it regen resources slowly over time,

I agree with that, I was thinking that would be a better option myself, if it were possible.

"Insane enemy" flame general surrenders immediately.  (I tried on mountain fox map, unsure of any other generals so far)

I had this happen initially (it was with all Generals, on all maps) but it was due to a bad installation.

The chinese speak in chinese (as far as I know, I don't speak chinese)  So I don't understand them.  I think they should speak english (in the english version obviously).  a few sound effects are in english like "they are attacking our base".

The voiceovers like "unit lost", or "they're attacking are base are still in English, and there's no reason to change it. China now speaks Chinese and GLA now speaks Arabic - I really don't mind this, though I'd be nice to eventually have regular English voices as an alternate option.

The nuke general doesn't seem to have any defensive structures.  they should have some.

It was like this since 007 - I think he should at least have 1 weaker defense structure, such as a bunker. He may not be a defensive general but giving him none at all seems a little strange.

#18 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Just another bug I noticed a few games after: destroyed Tech buildings block incoming projectiles, however any unit can pass trough a destroyed Tech building.

It was like this since 007 - I think he should at least have 1 weaker defense structure, such as a bunker. He may not be a defensive general but giving him none at all seems a little strange.

Nuke shouldn't have any defences. He has enough firepower to keep pushing at the enemy. Later he gains numerous long range bombard units (Nuke Cannon, Yan Wang), and Nukes (Nuke Storm, Nuke Missile) to wipe out the enemy's base easily...the best defense is the offense.

#19 S.Cohen

S.Cohen
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Can somebody explain to me how the webway system works exactly? What does it do? And how exactly does the Ion cannon upgrade work? Do I need a regular, unupgraded webway turret for it to function and target enemies, or can it fire at will, without needing any form of targeting?

#20 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Can somebody explain to me how the webway system works exactly? What does it do? And how exactly does the Ion cannon upgrade work? Do I need a regular, unupgraded webway turret for it to function and target enemies, or can it fire at will, without needing any form of targeting?

You need to have both upgraded and unupgraded turrets. Unupgraded turrets are the designators. Upgraded turrets are the Ion Cannons (attackers). But you might notice some bugs. They are being fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users