LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Since I work mostly in Worldbuilder, most of these 3d models will be used in maps for The Special Extended Edition Director's Cut. However, any mod hosted by the Revora Creative Network can request to use these in their mods.

Beorn's House

A BfME building with required animations for three tiers, build-up and destruction.
BWSjdHcs.png YVoRRLWs.jpg

PM me for a download link and potentially discuss what you would like changed for your mod. (single object available for map prop, persistent rubble available for creep mechanics, alternative textures)

Goblin Town WIP

• rocks, pillars, overhangs, stalactites and stalagmites

w748mdjs.png

Download from my OneDrive

Paths of the Dead

The statue rocks are a strange combination of carved stone and natural formation, with an unlovely human figure carved into the side. The Dead Door reads "the way is shut, it was made by those who are dead and the dead keep it".

jKJfbOas.png   m3d0bVqs.png

Download from my OneDrive

Barad-dur

I will be creating these models so the base of the Barad-dur map I created and based on NJM's lost version looks more like the visuals seen in the movies. We decided to use the vanilla Dol Guldur parts for most of Barad-dur, so these parts are textured similarly, but taken from the cinematic model.

• lavaduct
  • bridge towers
  • triangular spires for the base

Dol Amroth

• Gondor civilian and warships. - Note that I probably won't be able to create these. =/

Hobbiton

• make bridge walkable, fix bridge so it is up to standards
  • Bag-end retaining wall

Haradrim Fortress

• create animations and extra models
  • fix parts so they are up to standards
  • get the okay from Nazgul, very far into the future

Gallery. This model will not be available for download.

Original Post

Spoiler

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 20 February 2015 - 02:57 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

...Nice :p

If placed correctly they should look great in your maps :D

Ridder Geel

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

A stone elephant?  :smile2ap: Lol, just kidding. It looks great MTL - really! I can't really grasp the concept of "new to modeling" along with this work. I can't even model a single square, even though I tried learning modeling several times. This looks good and promising as SEE neeeds models of all sorts indeed. Love the textures!!

Edited by Nazgûl, 22 April 2013 - 10:48 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

I've added a few things to my wishlist. I call it a wish list, because I have hope that I will be able to model the things on it.

Thanks guys. ;p Yes the elephant rock has just experienced a couple of transformation tool thingies to make it overhang the way I want it, and I need to correct it a bit more.

Also, I cannot texture units as well as I can with natural objects. Nazgul, I know you are good with units, I will have you in mind if I make any units for SEE in the future. ;)

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 22 April 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hehe well I can only skin, not model =)

Btw, post your Google Account email in staff and I'll hook you up on the repo so you can keeo a constantly updated version of the mod along with the rest of the team :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

And Naz, you can download "repo"s without the email thing, you only need that for committing.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Which I have tried to do already, but it doesn't work. ;p

#8 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Does for me... Didn't bother with SEE though, would kill my Internet...
Had the Horse Lords before my time though... :p sorry RoR, but it's really good!

#9 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hey I suggested you this... 

So you're gonna make a lot of cliffs  :p

#10 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Ahh, sorry dude. ;p

5 cliffs to be exact.

First post is updated with correct information on who started me on rocks and there is now a link to my models on SkyDrive.

Further pictures will be shown in new posts.

#11 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Lovely to see you getting into this. Modeling is such a nice thing to be able to do. It will be wonderful to have new objects and replace some of the old crappy ones (Minas Morgul). Your rocks look good to me, there are always new static objects and structures that Id love to have have :evgr:

#12 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Do you have a wishlist as well? Send it to me and I will try to attempt the easy ones. ;p

#13 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I wish there were more symmetrical maps for bfme 1  :p

Maps like Fords of isen, anorien, mirkwood & lebennin (not by accident the most played maps)

If you want an inspiration for a map/object elements what about a map where one side has a healthy forest and the other side burning tree's smoking cliff sides & rivers of lava. 

Some of the lava passable because the lava its cooled.

Spoiler

Edited by THORONGlL, 22 April 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#14 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hmmm, this is maybe not the best topic to discuss map concepts. However, I have created a mirror map. The Iron Hills (mini-fortress). ;p

#15 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Looks Good like Naz said the texture is nice ! And for the CAH Helmet if you need assistance I can help :p

And Bofur that reminds me I should update it, So you should update your version in a few mins :p

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#16 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Updated my wish list.

This pain has had me spending the night re-mapping. But I may understand UV Maps a little. Also I am looking into getting some other cliff models from Command & Conquer 4. I just can't find where they put art.big .

Lavaduct for Barad-dur (vanilla model, remapped for more detail). And yes, you can tell me I am terrible at modeling. ;p

bth_LavaductPicture_zps2bd34f60.png

...Just managed to "pull this off". My Barad-dur map: this is the type of mix I was thinking of doing with actual Barad-dur objects and vanilla Dol Guldur objects. The time taken, post to edit, has just to get this object into Worldbuilder, I'm going to bed now. ;p

bth_Justputthetimeinsoyoucanseehowlongth

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 03 June 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Nice progress!  :thumbsupxd:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

Look at you Matt, modeling like a mad man !

I think you can remove polygons and still have the same depth by the texture.

Edited by THORONGlL, 27 April 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#19 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

New model. ;D - Check my updated first post for a link to the big image.

tumblr_mnttj14LMl1rzm9uxo1_500.jpg

#20 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

What map's that for, I wonder? Your latest screen of it on your gallery looks excellent, by the way. Please finish it soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users