-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Alright, have fun playing!

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#142 Periwinkle1993

Periwinkle1993
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

In D>Program Files (x86)>EA GAMES>The Battle for Middle-earth ™ we have:

apt (folder)
data (folder)

launcher (folder)

mss (folder)

Support (folder)

_patch105.big
AmbientStreams.big
asset
Audio.big
Bases.big
Data.big
dbghelp.dll
debugwindowlite.dll
ea_unist (application)
eauninstall (application)
English.big
EnglishAudio.big
englishsplash.jpg
filelist.txt
game (its file type simply listed as 'file')
gdiplus.dll
INI.big
langdata.file (same as 'game' above)
launcher.txt
Libaries.big
livingworld.txt
LOTRBFMe.file
lotrbfme (application)
lotrbfme (icon)
lotrbfme.lcf
LotRIcon (application)
lotrsec.big
Maps.big
mfc71.dll
mss32.dll
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
Music.big
p2xdll.dll
patch (word document)
patchget.file
patchw32.dll
Shaders.big
Terrain.big
Textures.big
W3D.big
Window.big
Worldbuilder.dbgcmd
Worldbuilder (application)

Edited by Periwinkle1993, 25 June 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#143 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Tip: Set directory display options to "details" and make screenshots ;)

The _patch103.big files are missing. Are you sure that you installed patch 1.03?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#144 Ewwi

Ewwi
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hi. When I lick the login button on the online interface of the game menu nothing happens. and the Login button goes grey and I cant keep cliking it.

#145 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hi. When I lick the login button on the online interface of the game menu nothing happens. and the Login button goes grey and I cant keep cliking it.

One topic should be enough ;) 

Just describe your problem as accurate as possible, attach your log, operating system information etc.

#146 Aronpl

Aronpl
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hello fellow people,

I´m trying to install the multiplayer for BFME, altough I have some problems. I´m following the steps provided by Rory898.

When I try to download the T3A: online launcher (step 8) my virus protector (Avast Antivirus)  automatically stops the download due the possible precence of virusus and such. Is it possible that a virus has indeed infected the file?
Looking forward to your replies and ofcourse playing online!

Windows 7 Home Premium
Notifitacion from Avast: Suspicious file blocked ... Disconnected

Greetings, Aronpl

#147 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

If you download the file from our server and did not get it from any suspicious source you can safely add it to the antivirus exception list and install.

#148 Rupert Mithrillowastopa

Rupert Mithrillowastopa
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

Hi! Is there any way to change the default installation location for the "Battle for Middle-earth 1 - Online" ?
I have instaler from http://forshire.blog...rth-online.html

#149 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

No, that's impossible with forshires online edition. If you feel confident you can install to the standard directory, then move it to another place and manually adjust the registry keys afterwards. Or you extract the whole innosetup project, write the keys by yourself and copy the files to wherever you want. But that's for advanced users only.

Edit: or extract the setup script, activate the options for any directory and recompile the installer.

#150 Rupert Mithrillowastopa

Rupert Mithrillowastopa
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for answer.
No, it's to much trouble for me.  if no one has created better version of instaler (realy, mandatory instal on OS partition?)  then i try with my BFME1 DVD and then mod this. :b I hope 1.05 and 1.06, advanced zoom, and other modifications works with original games? "BFME1 - online" servers also work with orginal game with mods and patches?

And thanks again for your time and hard work with BFME - onilne project T3A Team!  :)

(ps. "my engrish is very well", so sory for any typo and speling  :b)

#151 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

That's a very good idea. Just install the original version and afterwads:

Download and install patch 1.03 --> http://www.the3rdage...tem-364?addview

Download and install patch 1.05 --> http://www.the3rdage...tem-779?addview

Download and install patch 1.06 --> http://www.the3rdage.net/download-1767

Download and install the T3a Client --> http://online.the3rd...BFME1_1.5.0.msi

If you want to have big zoom out, install this as well --> http://www.the3rdage...tem-788?addview

#152 Rupert Mithrillowastopa

Rupert Mithrillowastopa
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for links!
Last question: It's better to instal game in original language for compability with Online Edition patches, or i can use other game language (i have polish edition of game)?

#153 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

You can install the game in polish. Make sure to install the polish 1.03 patch afterwards, install 1.05 and then install the polish version of 1.06 http://online.the3rd...1.06_POLISH.exe

#154 Rupert Mithrillowastopa

Rupert Mithrillowastopa
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

Done :)
U made even version for polish folks. How nice :D

#155 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Yeay I'm glad you appreciate it ;)

Have fun playing!

#156 Rupert Mithrillowastopa

Rupert Mithrillowastopa
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Aaand me again. :b Two of my friends try to download this instaler http://forshire.blog...rth-online.html
One of them have no problem, but other one can't click "Next" button. Invisible out all the time (She have Avast Antivir. but turn off this, like tutorial says, and still can't click "Next").

Solved: She click few times,blindfold, TAB and then ENTER. XD So button is there but invisible on her computer...

Edited by Rupert Mithrillowastopa, 21 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#157 jackreynolds1212

jackreynolds1212
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Uh, it won't install, keeps saying it is ending due to my system not being "modified".
Log is attached.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   140.72KB   127 downloads

#158 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I see that this is for bfme2 though.

It seems these files are missing from your installation directory. Unzip them in the main installation directory of bfme2, make sure to run as admin and try again.

Attached Files

#159 AD2000

AD2000
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hi with Antonio from Amsterdam

I had a quick question, if I go to the site of the Lord of the rings battle of middle earth and wants the T3A: download Online Launcher should I download the Patch 1.03 and 1.05 Patch.

But when I put the patch 1.3 download the exe file I get a message saying that what I'm going to install LortrBfMe-101-dutch. exe is not downloaded and often can be harmful to your computer.

So I don't think I can install this software patch and T3A: Online launcher, what now?

#160 AD2000

AD2000
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

This patch is not much downloaded and can be harmful to your computer.

Is there anyone who has this problem too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users