• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 arpharazon

arpharazon
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hi guys;

I would like to send TOP 5 replays that you watched and you can easily say "EPIC" for them. Also I would like to, Who are TOP 5 players in BFME history according to your opinion. 

Thank you.

BurNIng Your Soul!

#2 y0shi

y0shi
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Ryze>all

#3 davedave

davedave
  • Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Ryze>all

I agree with this

#4 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

IMHO best 1v1 game I have ever seen and for me the best players in BFME.

http://www.gamerepla...tails&id=245024

#5 y0shi

y0shi
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

I'd never recommend a fol mirror to any1, but this one is acually a good watch. Wp feary.

#6 HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Ryze>all

I agree with this

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

What is this with requoting? It adds nothing to the discussion?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#8 davedave

davedave
  • Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

He is showing his agreement with the post

#9 J2C2KL

J2C2KL
  • T3A:O Tournament Winner
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

http://www.gamerepla...tails&id=220379

#10 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Pretty good game that J2 posted.

I remember this GI vs MM we did commentary with feary.

http://www.gamerepla...details&id=3470

Seems to me when StiWie is playing Gon in this MU and have good Mordor enemies we have a good set up for epic game.

#11 discojedi

discojedi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm having trouble viewing replay files.

I have the Online edition installed with the Replay Manager. The replays don't show up in my list in-game and the "Watch Replay" button is grayed out in the Replay Manager.

I have downloaded the Patch Switcher since I assume it's an issue with the versioin, but when I try to run it, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Edited by discojedi, 18 November 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#12 y0shi

y0shi
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

You can always see replays, regardless of patch. Viewing replays of different patches will just bug. I don't know if you can even watch replays on the online version, but if you cant see replays, you probly put the rep(s) in the wrong folder.

#13 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

If you dont know with which version a certain replay was played, you will probably have to patch your game manually from one patch to the next and try it out everytime.

Patching manually is easy, just copying and moving the corresponding files for each patch.

Every patch comes with (at least) 2 files. _patch10x.big and another file called game.dat (both have to kept together for each patch)

If you want to change the version of your game, you backup your existing 2 files and add or move the other files, depending on whether you want to go a patchnumber up or down.

for example, you have (Installation directory)

_englishpatch101.big
_englishpatch102.big
_englishpatch103.big
_patch101.big
_patch102.big
_patch103.big
_patch104.big
_patch105.big
game.dat

lets say you want to go back to patch 1.03, you will have to move game.dat, _patch104.big and _patch105.big to another directory and put the game.dat from the original 1.03 patch into the main directory.

I think that should be enough to make it work.

// edit: yeah patchswitcher seems to be buggy sometimes..

// Okay, I dont know how thiis replay manager works

Edited by ICT, 18 November 2013 - 09:02 PM.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#14 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

I think you can just forget about _englishpatch and game.dat. It's unlikely that a replay is from anything earlier than 1.03 anyway. And game.dat shouldn't have any effect on the watching of replays either.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#15 Amateur`Hour

Amateur`Hour
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

I think strider is top 5 personally

#16 J2C2KL

J2C2KL
  • T3A:O Tournament Winner
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

I think strider is top 5 personally

++

#17 discojedi

discojedi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for the help, y0shi, ICT, and Phil. I was able to get replays working, I think. So, when I choose to watch a replay that is from 1.03, and I am at 1.05, can I expect that replay to be an accurate representation of the game as it was played, or can I expect it to almost certainly be buggy?

Also, I was watching a Rohan 1v1 mirror on Fords of Isen and the game ended within the first 3 - 5 minutes when one side had claimed all the farms with peasant spam. Is this just a pro player recognizing he's lost at that point and that particular game was decided by intense early game micro?

Edited by discojedi, 23 November 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#18 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

To your last point: not necessarily a 'pro' ;) game, but yes, competitive players will know when the game is over. Sometimes you quit at that point right away, sometimes you just keep trying (in tournaments for example) but chances to win are farely low after loosing your outside farms.

I am not absolutely sure if every replay is buggy if you watch with different versions, but you should expect non-accurate replays, even more if you start to press fast forward during the replay. For personal use I always use the same version. Version(replay)=version(game) gives probably the best replay watching experience, so to speak ;)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#19 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

I think the best way for it to work is record the replay and upload it on youtube, that way it wouldn't require version control just to watch a match or two and go through the whole process again.

or even better yet, we could encourage highlights of a match that way we know what were the main things of interest apart from standard play

Think it could work?

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#20 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

http://forums.revora...ntated-replays/

:p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users