MO3.0 Feedback // BALANCING

• Please log in to reply
853 replies to this topic

#1 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Greetings Proselytes!

Never find yourself using a specific unit.. ever?

Think a unit, or even a whole sub-faction, is over-powered or under-powered?

Do you think support super weapons aren't useful or balanced?

Then you've come to the right place! This thread is for feedback on sub-faction balancing!

This is NOT the thread for new suggestions for the mod but to discuss what's already been implemented.
You can find the suggestions thread here.

Edited by Zenothist, 15 December 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#2 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

IMO Siegfried is a game winning unit. His AoE + Long range + high damage (kills most of infantry in 1 shoot) makes him one of most dangerous and - for me - imbalanced units in game.

#3 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

IMO Siegfried is a game winning unit. His AoE + Long range + high damage (kills most of infantry in 1 shoot) makes him one of most dangerous and - for me - imbalanced units in game.

Siegfried is vulnerable to EMP. Epsilon can deal with him using Basilisks or/and Invaders. Scorpion Cell has even Plague Splatters and HQ has Irkalla. All of the allied sides have siege units, which can kill Siegfried in seconds (Basswave, Prism Tank, Hailstorm). Russia has SCUD Launchers and Wolfhounds. Latin Confederation's Morales outranges Siegfried also Buratino can also kill him relatively quickly. China's Dragonfly and Yunru in Centurion can render Siegfried useless.

Edited by Petya, 01 December 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#4 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

NURF BORILLOS

#5 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

NURF BORILLOS

Why? Borillos are pretty balanced now imo.

#6 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Wait... since when can Siegfried be EMP'd?

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#7 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Transport + crapload of hp + amphibious + pwn infantry and buildings = totally balanced.
Remind me, how many amphibious armed and armored transports were in YR?

#8 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

I could vouch for less health on the Borillo yeah. They're tough bastards. :p

#9 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

Borillo sucks against armored and has a small range. Just because it can withstand a lof of hits from those, it's still the worst transport compared to what Allies and Yuri have. Goodluck going sneaky with it. TBH I would have seen the Hydra Cannon turning into transport, but Hydra was dropped.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#10 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Wait... since when can Siegfried be EMP'd?

Since IIRC LC8.

Transport + crapload of hp + amphibious + pwn infantry and buildings = totally balanced.
Remind me, how many amphibious armed and armored transports were in YR?

I'd say that Borillo's power depends on the map. On maps like Paradox Spiral it is quite overpowered. To think about it I agree with Zenothist and his health must be reduced in the future.

#11 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Borillo sucks against armored and has a small range. Just because it can withstand a lof of hits from those, it's still the worst transport compared to what Allies and Yuri have. Goodluck going sneaky with it. TBH I would have seen the Hydra Cannon turning into transport, but Hydra was dropped.

They are not stealthy, but they have enough health to rush into base and releasing some deadly infantry like Crazy Ivans.

#12 alexthecat

alexthecat
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

I think Irkalla needs to be buffed (in either more health/armor, or more damage, or more speed) because i had an Irkalla that was fully veternized against two thor gunships and it nearly died. Not just thor gunships, but any anti-air unit seems to kill Irkalla really fast. Its a cool unit, but its weak stats make it not worth the money (or the time it takes to get from one spot to the next) It also doesnt work very well for defense, as its imploder weapon hurts your own units/structures.

I think Brutes should be nerfed. They should be able to take more damage from anti-infantry  because they are already fast and it only takes a few of them to destroy tanks and buildings in seconds (Just for fun i went against a Mental AI and created 100 brutes and won by just using the brutes)

Edited by alexthecat, 01 December 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#13 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I think Irkalla needs to be buffed (in either more health/armor, or more damage, or more speed) because i had an Irkalla that was fully veternized against two thor gunships and it nearly died. Not just thor gunships, but any anti-air unit seems to kill Irkalla really fast. Its a cool unit, but its weak stats make it not worth the money (or the time it takes to get from one spot to the next) It also doesnt work very well for defense, as its imploder weapon hurts your own units/structures.

I think Brutes should be nerfed. They should be able to take more damage from anti-infantry  because they are already fast and it only takes a few of them to destroy tanks and buildings in seconds (Just for fun i went against a Mental AI and created 100 brutes and won by just using the brutes)

There was a time when Irkalla was "buffed" and Irkalla could take down anything with ease and nobody liked that because she was OP. She is meant for a defensive unit and not offensive. Her imploder really hurts your units as well, but there isn't much to be done about that. Irkalla must be surrounded by your units otherwise she is a good prey. Although I also find ridiculous that Irkalla can be taken down by 2 Thors, but Thors imo are overpowered.

Brutes should be that powerful. They are spam infantry so they must be powerful and mustn't be killed by anti-infantry that fast. Each side can deal with them.

Edited by Petya, 01 December 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#14 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Keep in mind the Thor is also the EA's dedicated AA defense weapon.

#15 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

But 2 Thor shouldn't be able to finish of Irkalla

#16 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

If you have Colossus nearby it wouldn't be so simple.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#17 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Borillo sucks against armored and has a small range.

Such a big disadvantage for a 6-unit transport, sure.

Just because it can withstand a lot of hits from those, it's still the worst transport compared to what Allies and Yuri have.

Allies and Yuri have a phat transport, which can also destroy infantry and structures? How come I didn't see it in streamed games at all?

Brutes should be that powerful. They are spam infantry so they must be powerful

Don't you see a contradiction here? By that logic conscripts and any 1-tier infantry must be powerful because they are "spam infantry".

#18 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Soviets need Borillo because they don't have a T2 artillery or a unit which guarantees a free entry into enemy base (Driller).

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#19 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Borillo sucks against armored and has a small range.

Such a big disadvantage for a 6-unit transport, sure.

Just because it can withstand a lot of hits from those, it's still the worst transport compared to what Allies and Yuri have.

Allies and Yuri have a phat transport, which can also destroy infantry and structures? How come I didn't see it in streamed games at all?

Brutes should be that powerful. They are spam infantry so they must be powerful

Don't you see a contradiction here? By that logic conscripts and any 1-tier infantry must be powerful because they are "spam infantry".

Stallion Transport also has 6 passenger slot and it is invisible on radar.

Brutes were already nerfed and they are good as now. If they were that fragile against anti-infantry weaponry then YR era would come back and Brutes would be useless.

#20 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Stallion Transport also has 6 passenger slot and it is invisible on radar.

Too bad, AA defence don't care about radar visibility. And Borillo doesn't care about base defence.

Brutes were already nerfed and they are good as now. If they were that fragile against anti-infantry weaponry then YR era would come back and Brutes would be useless.

Good for them, but that doesn't mean they have to be "easy win" option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users